Different ingredients in different packaging?

Emtucky

Just more of a comment/discussion here. I was in WF over the weekend and about had a nervous breakdown in the soup aisle. I was looking for compliant broth and found that the Pacific brand in the 4-pack of individual 8 oz bottles didnt have added sugar but the larger 16 oz canister did. The exact same product package differently with different ingredients. Is this common?

Also, I know it's "easy" to make my own broth, but I'm not there yet. So im continuing to find the best source to purchase compliant broth. I'm only on day 8 and already having a hard enough time ;)

• Administrators

No one is going to judge you for buying broth vs making it. :)

It does seem sort of weird that one size has different ingredients than the other. Maybe send them a quick email and confirm. There's probably a reason for it, I just can't guess what that might be.

It does seem sort of weird that one size has different ingredients than the other. Maybe send them a quick email and confirm. There's probably a reason for it, I just can't guess what that might be.

Good point. I will contact them tomorrow. My luck, the ingredients are listed wrong >.<

• Moderators

Melissa Joulwan teased me for months before I finally tried to make my own mayonnaise. She kept saying it was easy until I tried it. She had been telling the truth. I bought chicken and beef broth for months before I tried to make my own broth. When I finally tried, it was really easy. I have never purchased broth again. The biggest issue I have with making broth is that I make a lot of it at once and either have to freeze some of it or drink a lot of broth for 3-5 days. :)

Here's the answer:

We recently changed the recipe for the Organic Low Sodium Chicken Broth. The newest formula is in the 8oz package. Distributors and retailers still have stock left of the 32oz with the older formula. When their stock is depleted, the larger packs will be making the change to the new formula. 

So it looks like Pacific Foods Organic Free Range Low Sodium Chicken Broth is now compliant. Ingredients are Chicken Broth (Water, Chicken), Onion, Rosemary Extract.

Archived