Restarting.....

Michele Tourville

Hi Michelle -

Good luck with your restart on the Whole 30! If you are following the plan and eating the correct amount of fats in conjunction with getting enough sleep, you should not have too many issues with energy or brain fog. I do know what you mean though in that the first [possibly] 2 weeks you may experience this while you detox. I personally do not know of any supplements to take as I am not a fan of that approach. When I started my first Whole 30, I was informed that energy levels might be low but to stick with the plan, fight through, and you will come out on the other side just fine!

Best of luck to you!

Hey Michelle,

Magnesium at night before bed can help you get a restful night sleep. I take unflavored natural calm in hot water every night.

But I really don't have any supplemnt recommendations. Are you doing no coffee as well?

I would say the biggest thing to to take note of is your caloric intake. I'm not big on calorie counting but it can be a useful tool from time to time. Especially when you are making major changes in your diet. I find most people undereat when they transition to whole 30 because so many of their normal food are off limits or their options may be limited. So to help fight fatigue and brain fog, make sure you are eating plenty! Like Summer said, good fats will give you sustained energy for those long study sessions. Also, find some good portable protein sources to keep with you (think sardines, applegate deli meat). If I ever start to feel worn out or a little brain fog coming on, a good dose of protein is exactly what I need to get be back on track on focused on the task at hand.

good luck with finals!!

Archived