My successful Whole 30 - Wow, what an awesome experience

Michelleva

Yesterday was day 30 and all I can say is wow, that was way cooler than I ever anticipated.

I don't feel like its the end, I feel like its just the beginning. My daughter and I did it together and had planned to start the re-intro's today, but I don't even feel like it. How weird is that. Although I will be having bacon for breakfast, that's what I did miss, and we don't have compliant bacon here in Australia.

Ok so the results you can see:

Down 3.6kg, chest down 5cm, waist down 6.5cm, hips down 5.5cm, thigh down 2cm

Now they are pretty awesome results, however, what excites me more is the non-scale wins:

So here goes,

Clearer skin, feeling happier in my own skin, new-found confidence, regular bowel movements, no longer feel starving or controlled by food, no longer reliant on coffee to get me going in the morning, brain fog first thing in the morning and afternoon completely gone, PMS completely non-existent.

I didn't even take official before shots, because I didn't do this to lose weight, I did it to see if I would feel different. I feel a little bummed that I didn't now, but who cares.

And the greatest non-scale victory is the great new relationship I've built with my beautiful 19yo daughter. We've been through the ups and downs together and we came out the other side, better than we went in. She now talks to me about her feelings, instead of eating them in a packet of chips or lollies, and that is my biggest victory.

That's really great, congrats! I'm on day 5 and day 30 is the day before my daughters 1st birthday, I started when I did for exactly the same reason as you, I hope I'm as successful as you and don't even want cake! Did you find the experience as you'd imagined? or more or less difficult? 

That's really great, congrats! I'm on day 5 and day 30 is the day before my daughters 1st birthday, I started when I did for exactly the same reason as you, I hope I'm as successful as you and don't even want cake! Did you find the experience as you'd imagined? or more or less difficult? 

To be honest, the first week was hard with cravings and wanting snacks in the afternoon. And being in shop centres around all the nice cakes and coffee shops etc was hard in the beginning, but at some point that changed, and I no longer looked or cared.

My hubby is gluten intolerant so I made him a pavlova for his birthday, since we did the dairy re-intro yesterday I thought I'd have a tiny bit and see what it was like. Well I had half a teaspoon and I felt like gagging, it was just yuck.

I consider my sugar monster dead and buried.

Victory is mine... ha ha

There is no reason for you not to be successful, the biggest thing I learnt is that you need to be organised, so you don't find yourself stuck with nothing prepared. And trust me, I've never been an organised person, but I've gotton so much better now. Oh and when the cravings hit, my advice, do something different, walk the dog, go to the gym, anything to take your mind off it. That's what worked for me. Good luck, I can't wait to hear about your results.

I hope I'm saying the same in 15 days when I'm through with mine! Well done! I'm the same as you, if tomorrow was my day 31, the only change I'd really want to make is having some bacon. I'm a Yank living in Perth, and it's painful knowing that if I was doing this back in the states, my options would be a bit broader (I'm looking at you, spathetic squash!).

Congrats on your wonderful accomplishment and success. I especially love your comments about your daughter. Very happy for ya!

I hope I'm saying the same in 15 days when I'm through with mine! Well done! I'm the same as you, if tomorrow was my day 31, the only change I'd really want to make is having some bacon. I'm a Yank living in Perth, and it's painful knowing that if I was doing this back in the states, my options would be a bit broader (I'm looking at you, spathetic squash!).

Congrats on your wonderful accomplishment and success. I especially love your comments about your daughter. Very happy for ya!

Thank you for your words of encouragement.  You're already half way there, you'll definitely be well on the way to slaying that sugar dragon. Keep going, and let us know what changes you feel and see.

We have now figured out that dairy does not sit well with my daughter at all. She tried re-introducing it two different days and both times she's had a very adverse reaction. The funny thing is, we thought it may have been the case a long time ago and the Dr thought we were nuts! Prior to doing the Whole30, my daughter would wake up everyday feeling sick in the stomach, no doctor could ever find the cause. We did, and we've got the Whole30 to thank for it.

She's vowed to never eat it again, and she used to drink litres of milk and eat heaps of yoghurt, but she did the Whole30 without it, so life will go on.

Congrats on completing your Whole30 Michelle! I'm so happy for you and your daughter!

Thank You so much for all of your encouragement during my Whole30. Today is Day 22 and I am feeling TERRIFIC!!!

I plan to start another Whole30 immediately, thus, a Whole60! :)

My brother and sister-in-love will be starting their 1st Whole30 with me the same day and "hopefully" my daughter as well!

So happy to hear that you've solved your daughter's sickly stomach issue as well! Darn that dairy anyway!!! My youngest daughter can't digest it well either.

I am in awe of being able to slay the sugar dragon! I never, ever thought it was possible but I'm well on my way to doing so!!

Take good care,

Shirley

Wow Shirley, you are doing amazingly well. I do remember getting the cravings back around day 22 or 23, so watch out. :D I wasn't about to give in to them, but I thought they were well gone by then. I'm happy to see you're having a positive influence on those around you, how awesome is that.

A friend of mine just finished today too, she's got two children under two, and such an inspiration to me.

Another friend who is Type1 Diabetic really wants to join me too. I hope she takes the leap of faith soon.

Archived