Newbie Starting Sunday 1st March 2015. In need of support

Hi guys,

This will be my very first whole30 challenge, I don't have the book but have read about it online.

I have bad allergies and I hope this lifestyle will help me. As I am typing right now I have red, itchy swollen eyes with lots of discharge and can barely keep my eyes opened. I haven't been to work in over a week, that is how bad it is.

This is not the worst of it though, I usually have a swollen mouth with blisters all around, pimples aon my face and chest and sores in my underarms and other parts of my body. So I have really really bad allergies, which is the real reason I am going on this journey.

I also have 20 pounds that I would love to shed off and I will not lie, that is equally as important and dealing with the allergies.

I will not be doing this with any friend so I will appreciate all the support I can get from the site.

I am pretty bad in the kitchen but will do my besty to cook for the all 30 days. The challenge that I will have is I don't eat eggs and most packaged foods and I usually see most whole30 breakfasts consist of a lot of eggs, beacon and other staff I cannot consume, but I will see what I can do.

I am going shopping tomorrow (Saturday) and Sunday I will be starting with my who;e30. Please be with me on this journey.

I really need support.

Hi cecezo,

for breakfast ideas look for threads on AIP, those of us following that portocol can't eat eggs either, search for AIP breakfast. I eat lots of avocados at breakfast, being from where you are you get the best avocados which should help! I had the best avocados I have ever eaten when in Hoedspruit last year and the ones I had when back in Pretoria were fantastic too. 

All the best for your 30 days, I really hope it helps with your allergies.

I'm going to join in, I'm already on day 7 of my 3rd Whole30 so not a newbie anymore but still learning something new everyday. I'm planning on doing a whole45 (or even a whole60) this time.

The best tip I can give you is "Keep it simple", don't try difficult recipes especially if you're not a kitchen prince(ss). There are plenty of alternatives if you don't eat eggs, I don't eat eggs everyday neither, sometimes I do, sometimes I don't. I often make enough food at dinertime so I have leftovers to heat up for breakfast. I also keep a bag of precut stirfry veggies ready to make a quick stirfry in the morn (you can add chicken, seafood, meat etc )

Goodluck! You will feel a lot better afterwards :)

Thanks Merel007, I think the left over idea will be good for me. Cooking is so not my thing. I will be relying on frozen vegetables for majority of the time. 

I'll start my 2nd round on Sunday March 1st as well!

Groceries shopping is good. A mistake I made at first is to only read the Nutrition Labels... read the INGREDIENTS list! Especially to hunt down the sugar, whatever they call it!

And make sure you do not have anything non-compliant... easier if it's not there.

I really do encourage you to read the book though... it's full on valuable information and fun to read!

Keep it simple in the kitchen is a good idea, but make sure you set time aside... cooking from scratch with real food ... is time consuming. But make sure to have fun with it. 

Try fresh everything! including veggies! Try... it's so worth it!

Don't focus on weight loss, it will be a bonus, and hide the scale... I hid mine at work so I wouldn't be tempted.

Good luck to all!

I forgot... I also highly recommend signing up for the daily newsletter while doing the whole 30... it's so worth it!

it is a REAL newsletter! each day, covering what the whole30 is like.

just saying!

Merel yes that is my hometown dear. It is a pity I only go there very few times a year because of work.

Sorry I couldn't update yesterday guys. I have completed my day 1 but it  didn't go as well as planned though. I only had two meals, Breakfast was pretty late, at 11am then had visitors who kept me on my feet. By the time I checked the time it was 18pm and had mu supper. Didn't feel hungry at all though.

Check the pictures of my ,meals here: http://cebokazi.blogspot.com/2015/02/march-1-2015-marks-beginning-of-my.html

and me talking about my day here: http://youtu.be/yc5AUCXdPU0

I was also advised to vlog it everyday for more accountability. you will find that here; 

The day went well, we will see how tomorrow will go.

Day 2 is going well so far. I have had my breakfast already. I was gem squash, steamed mixed veges and a chicken wing(quite a big one.)

Loulabelle, we are lucky here in South Africa. We have lot's of them and the good thing is I am totally inlove with them. The one thing I am going to miss during the whole30 is beans and peas, totally lpove but what can I do.

Today is day 4 for me but I was just read other topics and found out I shouldn't be eating bacon or putting vanilla extract in my coffee, so I may be hitting the re-set button.  Paleo and Whole30 seems to be interchangeable online so I think that's where I'm getting myself in trouble.  

I'm looking forward to having this group support!  I would love to lose a lot of weight, but my main goal is to lose the fibromyalgia and migraines!

• Administrators

Today is day 4 for me but I was just read other topics and found out I shouldn't be eating bacon or putting vanilla extract in my coffee, so I may be hitting the re-set button.  Paleo and Whole30 seems to be interchangeable online so I think that's where I'm getting myself in trouble.  

I'm looking forward to having this group support!  I would love to lose a lot of weight, but my main goal is to lose the fibromyalgia and migraines!

Hi Ellen, sorry that you got a bit turned around there. Paleo is a very broad term whereas Whole30 is extremely specific.  Unfortunately the wide reach of the internet isn't easily policed so you have people posting corrupted Whole30 information.

Your best bet is to check out and familiarize yourself with the actual Whole30 rules and recommendations so that when you are browsing the web you can easily identify things which you'd want to stay away from for 30 days.  Our rules, timeline and "can I have" guide are linked below.

Archived