Question about amount of fat in meals

thisyogagirl

I'm on Day 2 and I'm looking at the meal planning template under the fats section. 

I'm only supposed to include one serving of fat per meal, correct? So if I use a thumb-sized portion of oil to cook my eggs, I can't also consume olives, coconut milk and avocado in the same sitting... is this correct or am I missing something? I just wanted to clarify this before I go any further and mess up my meals. 

Thanks!

• Moderators

Whatever you eat, make sure you get plenty of fat. Much of the time, cooking fat stays in the pan and is not consumed, so cooking fat hardly counts in some recipes. Once you get used to Whole30-style eating and cooking, you don't have to worry about minimums so much and you can focus on making sure your food tastes good. Adding fat is an easy way to make food taste good. :)

Also, don't forget that dietary fat plays a critical role in satiety. The sense of fullness and satisfaction we got from a meal is related to the amount of fat in it. It also helps keep your sugar dragon in check. So don't get too hung up on the amount of fat used/consumed - just be sure to get the minimum or as Tom says, err on the side of a bit more. Let common sense and your sense of satiety be your gauge. :)

Archived