Feeling full faster

Alexian28

Yesterday and today (days 11 and 12) I'm feeling fuller than usual when I'm eating, but I'm getting hungry earlier between meals.  It hasn't been an "oh my gosh I need to eat right now" hunger but definitely there.  I'm drinking plenty of water.  For reference, my last few days' food logs are below.  Am I maybe eating too fast and not noticing?

Day 10 02/25/2015  
Breakfast: 2 scrambled eggs with half a garlic chicken sausage cooked in 1 tbsp coconut oil, tomato and cucumber in homemade vinaigrette.  Water.
Lunch: Salmon salad (homemade mayo) on mixed greens, carrot, radish. Apple. Water. 
Dinner: Taco salad.  Taco meat, lettuce, tomato, salsa, 1/2 avocado

Day 11 02/26/2015  (this is the day I started feeling full enough without finishing all my food)

Breakfast: 2 scrambled eggs with half a garlic chicken sausage cooked in 1 tbsp coconut oil, tomato and cucumber in homemade vinaigrette.  Water.
Lunch: Baked salmon, steamed carrots and green beans. Water. 
Dinner: Grilled steak, roasted brussel sprouts and cauliflower.  Blackberries. Water

Day 12 02/27/2015  (today)

Breakfast: 2 scrambled eggs with half a garlic chicken sausage cooked in 1 tbsp coconut oil, cucumber and carrots with homemade ranch.  Water.
Lunch: Leftover chicken in salad with cucumber and tomatoes.  Homemade ranch.  Apple. Water. 

• Moderators

Hmm, your meals look a little light. 2 eggs and half a sausage isn't much protein.

You're also eating very light veggies. The only starchy/high carb veggie you've had is steamed carrots. Lettuce, tomato and cucumber are not very filling.

You also look like you might be falling below the template minimum on fat. The cooking fat you use often remains in the pan. Fat is what will keep you satiated, so add more by pouring that onto your dish or adding another fat source to your meal.

That may answer the why am I getting hungry question. Now, what is causing you to feel more full?

Are you drinking water with your meal or between meals? Digestion processes work best if you don't drink during your meal (a few sips probably won't hurt, but not more).

At Meal 1 are you drinking coffee beforehand? Are you doing any exercise? How is your sleep and stress?

Hm I cut it down to 2 eggs because a serving for me is 3, and I had the sausage, plus I was full. I've eaten the same breakfast every day and it's only the last couple days I've felt this way. I did have fat (ghee or olive oil) on my veggies, maybe I need to add more. I can't do avocado and hate olives and coconut. No coffee. I exercise 5-6 days a week, pretty light. Just some weight lifting and cardio a couple days. Sleep is good. I do drink with meals, maybe less water is in order. Stress is always high :-) I have a special needs 2 year old and work full time.

Archived