Mayo as SWYPO

Tonya

I have fallen in love with homemade mayo - I put it on my eggs in the morning, mix it with avocado and protein at lunch, and add garlic and seasonings to it for my vegetables at night.  Seriously, this stuff has taken the place of cheese for me.  Is it okay to eat it at every meal?  I really don't think I'm in any danger of going back to cheese or sour cream since I've found this stuff.  I'm eating one container/week (1 egg, 1 cup olive oil), a little more if I've made a batch of chicken or tuna salad with it. 

It isn't SWYPO. Homemade mayo is the real deal. If anything the jarred stuff has its pants on. But it can no doubt be FWOB (food without breaks). SWYPO is something like "paleo cake" or other often gross, often disappointing recipes that commonly rely on almond flour and taste nothing like the real deal but that keep you psychologically tied to old habits.

It sounds like you are using it as your fat source. As long as it isn't taking the place of veggies or protein on your plate and you're sticking with the template guidelines I would think it's ok.

I know when I first discovered it I ate a ton of it. Then that leveled off. I personally do well with a lot of fat, especially in the early weeks when I'm adjusting away from burning sugar as fuel. The more fat I eat the more fat I seem to drop. Some people feel that eating too much fat doesn't give them results they are after. So *after* their first w30 they might play with fat servings.

Actually I just read that you're only having one small batch a week! Dear God woman, I would sometimes eat that in two days. (And I lost somethg like 20 lbs in three months to get to a lean size 4/6.) You are fine!!

What recipe did you use to make your own mayo?  I've seen a couple different recipes, but they all seem so different!  It would be nice to find one that I know is good before trying my own.

Here's a surefire recipe. Takes two minutes.

EDIT:

Be sure to use light olive oil, not extra virgin. Avocado oil works, too.

Glad to know I'm not the only one in love with homemade mayo. ;)  I use it mostly for dressings on salad or in chicken or tuna salad, but I could probably eat it with a spoon.  Just haven't quite gotten over my "forbidden food" habits from the low fat/low cal dieting days.  I'm working on it though!

Archived