Leila's Whole 30 - March 2015

lcs75

Hi All,

I am starting tomorrow, 1st of March 2015 :) I am excited and concerned. I know it will do me good, as I had to do an elimination diet before  and I felt better. I am most worried about dairy, as it is part of my staple diet :(

My goals are:

NUTRITION: Keep a visual food diary for 30 days

SLEEP: Sleep 7.5 hours every night

STRESS MANAGEMENT: Meditate 10min every day

EXERCISE: Run, walk, ride or swim every day for 30min

ACTIVE RECOVERY: Pilates once a week and foam roller massage every day

INJURY REHAB: Follow my mobility and strength training plan every day

FUN AND PLAY: Have 10 dates with my husband and 10 dates with my friends

PERSONAL GROWTH: Read Eckhart Tolle "The Power of Now" in the next 30 days

TEMPERANCE: Stay away from checking Facebook and Gmail on my phone

Good luck to us all :)

I thought I could not live without dairy either, after all I am from dairy country. As it turns out, I no longer tolerate it...big discovery during reintro!... The thing one is able to do when you know your health depends on it! Good luck, looking forward to seeing your posts :)

Day 1 summary:

I ate what I was supposed to: meat, veg, fruit, eggs, nuts. All my food is either home grown or from a local farm.

The cravings have already hit me, for milk, cheese and alcohol - it is Sunday so I would have loved to have a cider - but my husband said: you're not allowed to have one - good man :) I skipped the coffee this morning (I only drink one a day) and I have been feeling a little foggy all day. I am hoping for a good nights sleep and feel better tomorrow.

I have stocked up on nuts and fruits, boiled a lot of eggs, prepared roast pork and boiled lots of sweet potato and parsnip - so I am ready for the week.

I am unsure how well I will cope when travelling (Wednesday-Friday) but I think I will just stick to fruit, salads and steak with potato and veg, no sauce.

So far so good, only 29 days to go :)

I still hope with all my heart that it is not dairy - I grew up in Switzerland and love dairy!

Day 1 is going ok so far :)

Oh exciting, where in Switzerland did you grow up?

A doctor told me 14 years ago that my pain could be caused by dairy, and I ought to try eliminating all dairy for 30 days and see how I felt afterwards. I laughed to his face and said no way it could be dairy, because as a Swiss it was in my DNA! Whole30 taught me otherwise. I will indulge in the occasional cheese fondue or raclette, prepping for it and bracing myself for the very uncomfortable and painful aftermath, but even traces of whey and casein in food will hurt my inside. Tired of daily pain, I just chose carefully what I eat, and don't leave home without my Iberogast drops :)

That's funny, I told my doctor I was raised on dairy, so dairy could not be the issue...

I left for work and eventually ended up in Australia. Where do you live?

I eat nuts, eggs, meat with fat (from local farmers), avocados, coconut oil - I think that is it for fat, I eat sufficient and sometimes probably too much fat, since I have changed to local meat I love to eat the fat :)

That's funny, I told my doctor I was raised on dairy, so dairy could not be the issue...

I grew up in Kreuzlingen :) I left for work and eventually ended up in Australia. Where do you live?

I eat nuts, eggs, meat with fat (from local farmers), avocados, coconut oil - I think that is it for fat, I eat sufficient and sometimes probably too much fat, since I have changed to local meat I love to eat the fat :)

Oh well I am looking forward to hear of your experience after reintroducing dairy back into your diet... Lol

My all time favorite is rösti prepared with "schwinifett", bacon bits and some ghee....and it's whole30 approved now!

Sent you a private message with all my details :)

Chasch no schwiizerdütsch?

Day 2 was sort of okay. The morning went fine, in the afternoon I started with the cravings, had some fruit and after dinner I just ate heaps of coconut flakes, don't know why. I have a slight head ache and just want to go to bed.

I really want to see if, apart from the gut, things change. Like the dark circles under my eyes, the way I recover from my running...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived