2 Firsts today

Siobbhan

Today is a day with 2 firsts for me....1st: Started the Whole 30 Program. 2nd: This is the first time I have ever been in a forum, chat or anything else. It is nearing the end of the day...just getting laundry, homework, etc done and stuff ready for tomorrow. I am excited and nervous about this program. I have started health programs in the past but was not successful. I allowed things, mostly me, to sabotage my efforts. I am ready to take this on and know that it is my choice to be successful. Two biggest challenges: Time and Diet Coke. Not really that big of a deal in the grand scheme of things. :)

I made (oh yeah, one other challenge is I don't cook/can't cook!) but I actually did today....twice! Supreme Egg Loaf and Crockpot Garlic Pork and Rice...found off of the Foodie Project and tagged as Whole 30 approved. And, both turned out YUMMY! My son ate 4 pieces of Egg loaf....and even my parents enjoyed the food. I did something wrong with the Pork though ...did not look like the picture....but it was still good.

I am looking forward to this program as I know whenever I make poor food choices, I do not feel good. I would also like to be able to shed some pounds....weighed and took waist measurement this morning :( ...I also would like to make changes in my children's diets. (they are not on the program but will enjoy the food for breakfast and dinner and on weekends....school lunch is another story...but, summer is around the corner.)

Lastly, I really like this site...there is so much information and fairly easy to find. I am sure I will have questions in the very near future!

I too am on my first day of Whole 30. This morning it took all I had to not have a diet coke!!!! I know, I know, brutal! But that's why I am doing this Whole 30.... to break some REALLY bad habits and feel better in my body, mind and spirit.... and to do better for myself and my kids (they've never seen me have a d.c. in the morning). So, I have a lunch packed, ate a great breakkie.... going to not eat chocolate today either. DAY 1, One day at a time!

Siobbhan, you may find you don't have to do a lot of "recipe" cooking to make a great meal. I *do* cook and I like to cook, but dinner is often as easy as baked chicken, steamed broccoli, and a tossed salad. Anyone can do that--and if you don't know how long to bake the chicken or steam the broccoli, you just Google it! Trust me, you'll find your answer in (literally) a second or two.

Good luck!

I just started today too, and i hear you on the coke thing, but i'm trying to do like the site says and focus on what we can eat. Know that I know a bit more about the science behind it and what bad food is actually doing to my body, i'm hoping i will find it a little easier to stay on track.

Best of luck everyone :)

Day 2... worst time was last night between 7-9:30, getting kids to bed, stresses of tidying up, getting everything ready for the next day. Day 2 pretty good except am finding I need to be very organised, and that is something that I need to work on in a normal life, let alone doing the whole 30. No diet coke.... I think that has been my crutch 'go to' over the years and has lead to my sugar addiction.... CrossFit at 5, will enjoy it! Happy Day 2 everyone!!!

Archived