5 months of Whole 30 lifestyle = 5 months of night sweats?

I did my first whole 30 in October 2014, lost 15 pounds and felt great. I've key the lifestyle going except special occasions. The only problem is that I've had fairly severe night sweats for months. I wake up soaked and on fire every night at least once.

I've had my thyroid checked (it's normal) and doc is looking deeper but is there a chance my body just runs hot on this new lifestyle? My doc doesn't think so but I'm wondering if she's being overly cautious.

That doesn't sound like much fun at all!!! Where are you in the peri-menopaus/menopause thing?  Whole30 isn't known to cause night sweats, but it sure seems like an unfortunately timed coincidence, and I can understand you'd be wondering.

True - perimenopause symptoms can start in the 30s, but that would be a conversation to have with your doc - and it sounds like doc is on it with the investigation. I hope you get some answers soon, it sounds like not much fun at all.

...but is there a chance my body just runs hot on this new lifestyle?

There is, though your case sounds extreme. I'm someone who feels warmer ever since I adopted Whole30ish eating. A few other people have said the same thing in other threads.

EDIT:

See here and here. Or the opposite here.

Archived