Anxiety about "life after"...

EmilyK

So I know I have a ways to go (Day 17 here), but I'm starting to get a little anxiety about "life after", if that makes sense.  It's really easy right now for me to do this because I can lean on "the rules".  But I do know I don't want to descend back into the way I was eating before.  I know this is where the real test of the mind over the brain comes in, but I'm getting incredibly anxious about reaching my 30 days and handling a lot of my primary relationships in my life expecting me to go back to sharing our favorite junk foods together as often as we used to.

I know I don't have to reintro anything I don't want to.  I know my sister and my husband have seen so many positive changes in me in the last 2 1/2 weeks, and I know that if they're having a problem with my choices, that's their issue and not mine.  But does anyone have any tips on how to navigate the Wide World of Everything (food and relationships and all the subtleties therein) after there aren't "the rules" to lean on anymore?

• Administrators

One of the things that helps is to continue to frame your choices as just that, your choices.  Be careful of saying "I can't have xyz right now" and instead use "I choose not to have zyx right now".  Also, "no thanks, dairy/soy/grains/whatever makes me feel yucky, I'll just have blahdeblah instead" and then immediately move along with the convo.

Archived