Eggs OK for PWO Meal?

SaraLT

Hey there!  I'll be starting my first Whole30 this Sunday, March 8th.  I'm really excited!  The Paleo lifestyle is not new to me and I'm in decent shape with just a little body fat I'd like to lose.  I've been working out for years but never really paid attention to PWO nutrition, and I want to get this right since I could be sabotaging my efforts by not properly re-fueling after lifting.

I wake up during the week at 4:15am for 4:30 workouts.  Right now I'm doing a 3-day heavy weight split.  I don't feel the need to eat anything pre-workout, but was wondering if 2 hard-boiled eggs, a few slices of compliant deli meat or a small can of tuna would be a good PWO meal on days that I lift?  I figure I can easily eat those at 5:30am before I shower and then have M1 around 7:45am when I get to work.  Do eggs contain too much fat to allow for easy absorption?  

Like I said, I'm looking to lose just a little fat, build muscle and get my digestion working properly.  My weight workouts are moderate to heavy lifting and roughly 45 minutes long (not including warm-up and stretch).

Thanks in advance for your help!  Really looking forward to starting my Whole30 journey.  :)

Your hunch was correct: hard-boiled eggs aren't a great post WO option, because of the fat in the yolks.  The recommended post-WO fuel is lean protein and carb, no fat.  The compliant deli meat or tuna, along with a carb like sweet potato, would work well.

Archived