First Whole30 Starting 3/8/15

SaraLT

Hey-o!  My name is Sara.  I'm 35, a solo-parent to two boys (ages 6 and 9) and live in the Dallas, Texas area.  Just wanted to take a few minutes to introduce myself and COMMIT!   I'll be starting my first Whole30 this Sunday, March 8th. 

I was vegan for 2 years (talk about malnourished) and the Paleo lifestyle is not new to me, either.  I have several Paleo cookbooks and "went Paleo" for about 3 months early last year.  I quickly lost body fat and felt great, but eventually found my way back to bread, cheese, pasta, and lots of alcohol (I adore craft beer).

I'm in a new relationship, and we are in that "I'm so happy, let's eat all this delicious food and drink copious amounts of alcohol without abandon!" phase, and this Whole30 will hopefully snap me out of some bad habits I'd like to break.  I've been exercising for years and already meal-prep like a boss, so I'm not expecting this to be too terribly difficult.  Giving up booze will probably be the hardest aspect, but it will definitely be good for me.  

Having recently turned 35, I really want the healthy habits I develop to stick for the rest of my life.  I am so ready for 30 days of clean, nutrient-dense, back-to-basics eating and living!  It's nice to "meet" everyone.  :)  Looking forward to starting my journey!

• Administrators

I'm in a new relationship, and we are in that "I'm so happy, let's eat all this delicious food and drink copious amounts of alcohol without abandon!" phase, and this Whole30 will hopefully snap me out of some bad habits I'd like to break. 

Hey Sara! I LOVE this phase, haha!  

Congrats on finding us!! 

Archived