Feeling wild-Life post 30's

back on the wagon-

made some pork and stocked up on my veggies.

M1:(yesterday) 2 eggs, plantains, kale, onions etc with chicken sausages

M2: chicken sausages with apple

M3: pork, kale combination, sugar snap peas

FROZEN FRUIT-NEED TO STOP THIS HABIT!!!!!

M1-pork sugar snap peas and a pear

M2-some salad and pork

M3-chicken thighs and kale with plantains and sugar snap peas-my go to and favorite things!

W/O-4.4 miles run-37 minutes

start of abs challenge :)

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Could you have seltzer or tea instead, something to take the place of something sweet to signal it is time to stop eating?  I was crutching with dark chocolate for awhile after dinner.  It is so easy to get into a bad habit when it comes to the sweet stuff.

Sara-

It definitely is easy to get into the habit. Normally I have a cup of tea with dinner and it might be a smart idea to boil the kettle afterwards, as a nice hot treat rather than the sweet one. I ate the rest of the frozen fruit last night to get it out of the house and won't plan on buying it again! I think that is the easiest way to avoid...just don't allow myself to purchase. It is a lot easier to avoid it in the stores than it is when you have already bought it! I would never be able to just have a piece or two of dark chocolate, it would be the whole bar for me! Awesome self control! I keep reading your blog and it is definitely motivating me to start my yoga practice again. You're doing great :)

Thanks, Rachel.  Funny how differently our minds can work.  But I agree, not even bringing your temptation into the house is much easier than practicing huge levels of self control.

What about trying to do the yoga after dinner?  A totally different cue that eating is done for the day?

Sara-

That would be a super smart idea. I might try this out this week. This weekend was crazy as I was visiting family and it was completely off-plan. But at the end of the day it is nice to relax after a hard day of yardwork with my parents and enjoy popsicles and gluten free pizza. I have no idea when the next time I will see them after I move far far away so I put my own personal food demons to the side to really enjoy family time. Right back at it today. Going to the grocery store to stock up on some veggies and chicken thighs, not even going to wander down the frozen fruit section! :)

Thanks for your great advice!

Avoided buying the frozen fruit and had a delicious dinner last night

I ate horribly all day but kicked butt and had a great spin class for 60 minutes! loved it :)

My go to for dinner has become chicken thighs-crispy in a pan- and then cook plantains (starchy carby goodness) with onions, pork, and kale.

I literally have been eating this every single night....thinking about it right now...nom nom nom

• 3 weeks later...

Well I have gotten into a crazy swing of moving and leaving and saying goodbye and completely fallen off the band wagon. I think now that I have knowledge I get even more and more disappointed in myself and know why my body is feeling awful. I had a hen do last weekend, family this weekend and so on and so forth. Always an excuse or a reason. Enough. Back on a legitimate whole30 as I have said most of my goodbyes and will be with my family for 12 days before I leave for England. I woke up this morning feeling absolutely awful, no energy, yelled at my significant other and feel so foggy. This is exactly why I started this mission in the first place. I have started a constant yoga practice and that has made me way way more conscious of how I am treating my body. I read somewhere that Dallas and Melissa took 3 or so years to get into a constant healthy way of looking at things. I don't care much about how much I weigh more about how I feel about myself, my body, and my decisions. Back to the grocery store, back to the way that makes me feel great! I really miss spinach, kale, eggplant etc :)

What's a hen do? Women getting together? I love that phrase! 

It's really easy to fall off the wagon. I'm scrabbling back on myself.

My new mantra: "Back to the grocery store, back to the way that makes me feel great!"

Sara- I have found that the yoga really brings me back to center, to what's important and to appreciate the body I have for what it is rather that what I want to force it to be. There's always another meal and another day, and I'm on the mindset that I want to avoid certain foods for my own health rather than I CANT have something, breaking rules always feels better than it should :) less rules more choices!

Beets-yes! More or less. Bachelorette party! I think the best thing about a whole9 lifestyle is that it's an easy way back on. I completely agree with you, when I have food that I know will make me feel full, happy, and stable (not biting anyone's head off) and with enough energy, I don't even want to eat the crap. It's when I don't have a choice or not able to cook for myself that I fall off the wagon!! Don't get me wrong I love being able to spend time with family and friends without being "that person" all the time, but for my sanity, confidence, and stable moods this is definitely how I want to eat!!! Making good choices feels great!!

Today: chicken cutlet breakfast

Hopping back on the wagon was hard for the first two meals!!

3.15 mile run with intervals (treadmill but have been using a track for this same workout)

Hot yoga-not the best class but definitely needed it to tap out the toxins

Dinner-spinach onions and tomatoes with 4 chicken thighs( too many??) green tea and water!!

food today and workout-

2 eggs and a banana-not the best breakfast. I need to consciously get veggies in for M1

busy busy day but had some fruit and some tomatoes to hold me over

60 minute spin class-super hard! and 30 minutes of yoga!-slowly but surely getting better

chicken thighs, spinach, and onions for dinner

I literallly already feel a huge improvement on mood and body comp after two days of good eating. isn't it crazy how our bodies work??

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Hello guys!

I am back!! I hope that everyone has been doing well. We have officially settled into life here in Jordan and have adjusted away from the carbohydrate overload that is the Middle East. Definitely back on track and enjoying the way I have been feeling. From August to December it was very stressful as far as sourcing good foods and the limited options that are available..

Kale is only available for a 22 minute window every 3.567 weeks. It is heartbreaking that my absolute favourite thing has been almost completely ripped out of my diet. 

However, on a positive note, even though we live in a Muslim country...the bacon only has two ingredients pork and salt.  However, it is about $10 for 5 strips, so we covet the meals that are made with it.

I am currently whole-something...but I have been eating peas (frozen veg makes life easier) so even though it isn't an official whole anything it is way better than the last four months. 

I'll start posting more frequently as our life has calmed!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Archived