New Member-Am I prepared to start on the 9th?

SherryM

So, I'm new here. 

I'd like to start my Whole30 on Monday, the 9th of this month. (I'm going out of town this weekend)

This is huge for me because I normally would wait until the first of the next month, but know I need to do this now.

I understand what I can and can not eat, but I just saw a post on here somewhere about Egg Portions and now I'm wondering if I've missed a rule or suggestion on meal size planning and how much of each thing I should have because it mentioned the amount of protein we can have...

Can anyone help me if you understand what I am asking? haha.  

• Administrators

As far as the egg part goes, a serving is how many you can hold in your hand without dropping, for most people that is 3-4. Many of us find that we get a better distance on our meals if we combine a smaller number of eggs with some other form of protein.  But that's part of the fun of starting, getting to discover all this cool data about yourself!  :)

I'm also new here and also starting March 9th.  This is my first Whole 30.  I've been "eating clean" on and off for a couple years, and in January was told by my integrative medicine doctor that I needed to break up with dairy, grains, legumes and sugar.  I was successful for about 3 days before I started to really struggle with it, and have been going back and forth since then.  But I absolutely need to do this.  I'm not going to meet my health and fitness goals without taking my eating to another level.  I casually browsed through It Starts With Food in a book store a couple years ago, and now I've bought it and I'm actually reading it.  It fits in with my doctor's recommendations, and I like the structure of the program.  I joined the forum because I think I could use some structure and support.  So here I am, committing to doing a Whole 30 by the book! 

I am also planning to start on the 9th. I've just returned home from spending three months helping my daughter and her family after she was diagnosed with thyroid cancer. Her diagnosis is a wakeup call for me to start taking care of myself, and I have felt the difference that healthy eating versus junk eating makes. My plan was to come home and start "eating healthy" but then a friend posted that she was starting Whole30 on Monday, so I am jumping on board. Looking forward to getting to know all you other "9ers" better, and hope we can be a great encouragement to each other.

Hi, I'm starting on March 9th too. This is my first time.

Just got blood work results back motivating me to give this my all. I am pre-diabetic, anemic and have high cholesterol. I also need to drop 50 pounds. I'm not much of a cook but ever since I read It Starts with Food, I've been trying. I think meal planning is going to be a big part of making this successful for me. Good luck to everyone,

starting the 9th as well. Looking forward to more energy and just feeling overall better. What are some good cook books for easy quick recipes? I like to use the crockpot a lot but usually make soup in it. Not a huge red meat fan. Any ideas helpful. Thanks!

I'm brand new here and I am staring on the 9th of March as well. This is my first post!

I have tried no sugar/ kind of paleo for a couple of months but I need more structure and more tracking this time otherwise I don't see any longer lasting results

• 5 weeks later...

Well - Here I am at Day 30!! I'm feeling all the feels today! Excited, scared, relieved, accomplished, etc.  Hope everyone else was able to stay on!   :)

SherryM - Can I play that song, "Sherry" for you tomorrow?  I'm anxious for you to share Whole 30 take aways.

(I think you two are adorable).

Yes you can! I was named after that song! That should give you a hint to my age. Haha. Will post a follow-up tomorrow.

SherryM - Can I play that song, "Sherry" for you tomorrow? I'm anxious for you to share Whole 30 take aways.

(I think you two are adorable).

I am also starting today and a little nervous, I've tried many times to start but kept stopping! So trying to keep myself much more accountable now as I really want to fix my digestive & acid reflux issues! Best of luck to everyone starting today!

Archived