Feeling very weak

My husband and I are on our way to a weekend away without our kids. I can't stress enough how rare this is. I have packed tons of healthy food including chicken and eggs that I will put into the refrigerator in the hotel room. We will be in the hotel all day tomorrow for an event and it will be easy for me to go back up to the room and eat my food. I am feeling weak about dinner tomorrow. We are going to a nice restaurant and I am feeling weaker and weaker about sticking to this program. I really don't want to fail because if I have to start again then I will be up against Easter and another meal that will be hard to stay whole 30 compliant. Just need some encouragement to get through this. Thanks!

You can totally do it!!  Look at the menu ahead of time if you can and have a plan on what you will ask for-don't be afraid to grill the server about how the food is prepared either.  That's part of their job and they would rather you ask than be served something that you're unhappy with.  You don't say, but where are you on your W30?  Take some time to remind yourself why you started it in the first place.  Take some time to list your non scale victories that you've experienced so far.  Really looking at the positives can make it easier to stick with the program in the face of temptation.

• Moderators

If you can, call the restaurant ahead of time (not during a rush hour -- don't call them right at noon if they're open for lunch) and discuss your dietary restrictions -- they may have suggestions. If that doesn't work, go with something simple, like steak, grilled fish of some kind, or grilled chicken. Ask about marinades, as those will often contain sweetener or soy. Specify no butter, especially on a steak -- many restaurants will add melted butter once its finished cooking. You can probably find a salad, no croutons or cheese obviously, but you'll probably have to go with olive oil and vinegar, or ask for lemon or lime slices to squeeze over the salad, most dressings will have at the very least some sweetener, not to mention many have dairy or soy as well. For vegetables, look for steamed vegetables, or maybe a dry baked potato (maybe take a small container of olive or coconut oil that you can hide in your purse, since dry potatoes aren't much fun).

I am on day 11 and I really don't want to fail at this. I have already looked at the menu which was what caused me to have doubts about staying on plan. I am going to follow your suggestions for ordering. And I am reminded of my daughters communion in 2 months. This is an event that I would like to look better for. I just need to keep reminding myself of why I am doing this.

Archived