Who could use some Exercise Accountability?

feb27start

OK. I am winding down to the end of day eight and I know I'm gonna make it - but I'm feeling totally bummed out!

Earlier today, my energy levels were sky high and I was totally productive on several projects at work. The sun was shining and it was glorious. Now... well, now, it's 8:30pm, I've finished dinner, I'm on the couch, not interested in watchng TV, don't want to do any more work, and I'm bored. I SHOULD get up and exercise because I've got nothing but the sads keeping me in this lethargic state, right? So, why can't I get up. Ugh. I just want it to be tomorrow.

Last week, I reached that breaking point where I knew I needed to change what I ate. Mission accomplished.

Today, I need to take the extra step and commit to an exercise routine. My goal, exercise 4x/week. Starting tomorrow, Saturday, 3/7/15, for real. I mean it.

Here's my plan for the coming week.

Saturday, 10am = Rock climbing (indoor) for 45 minutes - 1 hour. I know it's fun, especially if there is another person with you.

Sunday before 9am = 30 minute run.

Tuesday before work (preferred) = Weights

Thursday after work = 30 minute run or Rock climbing again

Is anybody else in? Share your plan for the upcoming week. I'll check in on you if - you check in on me.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm in! I've had a horrible time gettting started exercising since the birth of my daughter 5.5 mo ago. I went to a Zumba class on Wednesday and did Yoga today. I committed to myself today to do yoga everyday for the next 30. I've also been invited to join a run/walk group on Saturday mornings. Can't wait for the weather to warm up so I can walk with my girls. Hoping to find a double jog stroller soon.

Everyday yoga...early AM (at least 15 min)

Mon, Wed, Saturday 30 minutes cardio of some kind...Zumba, walk, jog, or step aerobics

I'm in too! I'm on day 29 but I don't mind having an accountability buddy/group. :)

Monday - weights 75 mins

Tuesday - run 45 mins AM + rock climbing 90 mins PM

Wednesday - weights 75 mins

Thursday - run 45 mins + pilates 60 mins PM

Friday - weights 75 mins

Saturday - run 60 mins

I'm in too! Run on Monday, Wednesday and Friday, 3 miles. Yoga Tuesday and Thursday. I may interchange running and yoga, but at least one of them. Saturday and Sunday just going for walks to recover (from my non strenuous exercise.. Lol)

I would love some accountability!

This looks like a great idea! I'm a cyclist, and don't have trouble motivating myself to ride, BUT have big time issues motivating myself to do much else in regard to cross training. In addition to that, I really want to do some stuff with my kids. SO: My goal is simple-do some 'just for fun' working out with my kids daily (I have six kids, so there's always somebody around who wants/needs to do something)

Jumping jacks, push ups, mini bike rides, shooting hoops, whatever. But SOMETHING, and something WITH them.

Good morning! Went for a little ride with my oldest son yesterday, so YES for kid centered activity...he took a pretty good spill on gravel while riding a bike that was too big for him (my fault) and it's really shaken his confidence. So it was good to get him out for something nice and relaxing. Today my goal is to shoot some hoops with my ultra-crazy 3rd son...

I kept my Sunday promise and did my 30 minute run. Today is my break day.

Did you read this morning's post? It was actually about exercise - ha! I am thinking i'll check off some of the no-equipment workout ideas. But I'm pretty sure if I try the bear crawls, I will do  those in the privacy of my own home for a while!

This looks like a great idea! I'm a cyclist, and don't have trouble motivating myself to ride, BUT have big time issues motivating myself to do much else in regard to cross training. In addition to that, I really want to do some stuff with my kids. SO: My goal is simple-do some 'just for fun' working out with my kids daily (I have six kids, so there's always somebody around who wants/needs to do something)

Jumping jacks, push ups, mini bike rides, shooting hoops, whatever. But SOMETHING, and something WITH them.

This is awesome. You've got your own fitness class cohort :-) Pretty wide age range? You can probably get really creative and build an obstacle course together.

Have you ever seen the video of "when baby leads dance class?" It's pretty stinkin' cute.

Omg that is adorable. I wished I  had a toddler led dance class!!

I went to yoga this morning at 9am. It was the basics class, but still pretty demanding for me. I did not make it to run today, but if I run or yoga tomorrow then we're still on track! 

Also, SPRING IS HERE!!!!!

How was everyone's Monday?

Hi all! I didn't get a chance to do weights today but I did manage to do a short run (35 mins) + 45 mins of aquafit. We still have snow in Toronto but at least it's slowly melting...so spring is *almost* here. :)

I didn't get any good cardio in today, but i did a short bit of yoga in. We have spring fever at our house and enjoyed the 50 degree weather and sunshine today for awhile. We still have a little bit of snow on the ground here in Indiana. I ordered a double jog stroller though and so looking forward to using it! My goal is to be able to run with it one day!

Ok guys.. Confession. I've been trying to work up the courage to go running for months! I used to run regularly and did the half marathon last May. Since then less regularly, and over the winter I've barely gone out. Yoga is much less intimidating to me so I've stuck to that, but now that the weather is nice I would love to run again.

I know after the first two or three runs I'll be fine, but it's taking a lot of effort to go out on those first two or three. Does this happen to anybody? Any advice?

Hello everyone..this is a great thread! I haven't worked out much since July!!! I used to weight train, cardio, and yoga. I pulled a tendon and had on a cast. Well.....I have been struggling to get back. I am current on day 10 of the whole 30....feeling great. I have been skiing evert weekend since new years eve. once ski season winds down. ..for me this might be my last weekend, I plan on getting back into a more regular routine. I am planning on starting Sunday, March 22. I would love to check in here regularly. I definitely need the accountability. I would still like to check in to see what everyone is up to! Thanks.....

Hi All, 

Love the idea of this board.  I'm brand new to Whole30, day 4 (where can I get a nap??? :lol: ) .

Saturday: ran

Sunday: Elliptical & abs

Monday: ran

Tuesday:15 min treadmill fast walk, weights & abs

Wednesday: run

Thursday: rest

Friday: elliptical & abs

Saturday: run

Booksandcoffee:  it can be hard getting back out there, be gentle on yourself, take it easy, and make it enjoyable.  Do a couple of short runs to get back in the groove of it.

I did 45 mins of weight training today but was feeling not so great after lunch. Hope to have a better day tomorrow. Congrats to everyone who got out and worked out today!

Sheena I hope you feel better tomorrow. :(

booksandcoffee, I agree with tristar take things slowly/gradually for the first few runs. Don't feel badly if you need to take a break or two. Eventually it will come back - just be consistent and pace yourself with how your body feels now, not what you ran a year ago.

Ok guys.. Confession. I've been trying to work up the courage to go running for months! I used to run regularly and did the half marathon last May. Since then less regularly, and over the winter I've barely gone out. Yoga is much less intimidating to me so I've stuck to that, but now that the weather is nice I would love to run again.

I know after the first two or three runs I'll be fine, but it's taking a lot of effort to go out on those first two or three. Does this happen to anybody? Any advice?

ABSOLUTELY! I am not a runner at all because I find it boring - I am not one of those people who craves the sport because they can empty their mind and just focus on the run. But I know that when I do eventually run for a while, I feel like I want to do it and I'll be glad I did. And every time I do run, those first 5 minutes are the LONGEST on the planet, then the 5-15 mark is fine, then anythign after that I am counting down in 1 minute intervals... Just 1 more, you can do it.

The only thing that seems to help for me is pace music. I use Spotify and there is a playlist sombody made for running to get your heartrate over 140bpm. For me, that means I run around 5-6mph the way my feet land. You can download a free app on your preferred smart device and listen with headphones to take it outdoors or in the gym on a treadmill. It's about 1:15 minutes worth of Music.

Archived