Who could use some Exercise Accountability?

feb27start

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Didn't run yesterday - i was completely blah all day long. Today I did make it to the rock gym though. I am therefore ammending my weekly goals to have another amazon workout video tomorrow instead of a rest day. Weights are still scheduled for Friday.

I love your attitude Sunshine. It suits your name. :) Glad you made it to the rock climbing gym feb27. Do you boulder, top rope or lead? I love rock climbing too!

I took it easy yesterday. I'm mostly over my cold but wanted a rest day yesterday. Today I did a slightly shorter workout, 45 mins of weights (vs 75 mins) and hopefully can fully shake this cold in the next few days.

Forgot to post my workout yesterday so I'll post yesterday with today. I'm finally feeling 100% after my cold. Woo hoo!

Yesterday: 40 min run + 45 min aquafit

Today: 75 mins weights

Have a great weekend everybody!

• Administrators

I don't post my exercise to this thread (I post enough everywhere else!) but I wanted to let you all know that in the last three weeks I have been SO much more consistent with my workouts just because of reading yours.  And your workouts inspire me to keep it interesting.  Short or long, intense or slow-go, heavy or just fun.

Thanks for sharing, ladies!!  :wub:

Ruth, packing *is* a mental and physical workout. Plus the extra danger of paper cuts from all those boxes has to count for bonus points. :) Be sure to bend your knees and not strain your lower back putting down/picking up boxes.

Tristar, I'm totally high fiving you (and your mojo) for running outdoors! I haven't made it outdoors yet since last fall. The brutal winter has made me seek refuge at the indoor track.

I love your attitude Sunshine. It suits your name. :) Glad you made it to the rock climbing gym feb27. Do you boulder, top rope or lead? I love rock climbing too!

I took it easy yesterday. I'm mostly over my cold but wanted a rest day yesterday. Today I did a slightly shorter workout, 45 mins of weights (vs 75 mins) and hopefully can fully shake this cold in the next few days.

Right now I just boulder. I haven't been certified for top rope and don't always have a partner. I did weights today with a friend who's visiting. She says her legs already feel like jelly - hopefully she isn't too upset with me the next couple days with the lingering burn. :-)

Today was 60 mins of running for me. My legs are finally starting to feel normal again (not like lead cinder blocks). Yay!

Feb27 that's great that you boulder! I boulder a bit but mostly lead climb or top rope. I get chicken about climbing too high and falling while bouldering. And I'm sure your friend will always remember her visit with you. You left her with a parting gift. :)

I hope everyone is having a great weekend. I'm sharing a UK commercial from the campaign #thisgirlcan, in case you haven't seen it. It was created to inspire women who are intimated about working out for fear of being judged because they're not fit enough, fast enough or "good enough". It uses everyday women doing their thing (not athletic glamazons or models) and I love the empowering message it delivers: we're all athletes and we're all capable of crushing it - no matter our ages, how much we jiggle, how much we weigh or how we look. It's awesome! And I think of it every time I go for a run and finish all sweaty with a tomato face.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/aN7lt0CYwHg

Evaq - thank you so much for sharing that video; it's fantastic!  I suffer from body dysmorphia (diagnosed) and don't have the ability to feel "good enough" in any area of life.  These women are all beautiful; I can see the joy in their eyes and their smiles.  I needed to view this video; it gave me a bit of clarity in this crazy brain of mine.  Evaq - I have read many of your posts on this forum.  You are kind, caring, supportive and give incredible advice. 

Laurie, you ARE totally good enough. I used *all caps* so I must mean business. :) Walking, aquafit, zumba, bootcamp or crossfit; it doesn't matter if you're a professional level athlete or if it's your first time out, it's your journey and you *are* an athlete. In fact, it's not the people who look like naturally buff gym rats that inspire me - it's the men and women who look like they're just starting on their physical journey. I see their inner athlete and it speaks to me in spades. It takes an enormous amount of courage to change and anyone who's committed to trying to better themselves gets my full respect and support. I give them all a round of mental high fives. You are my people.

Also, thank you for the very kind words. :)

Evaq - you deserve those kind words. 

Time for me to join this group.  I've been slacking off big time on exercise.  Goal 4 -5 times a week -  walking outside, treadmill walk/run, bodyweight and weights. I'll be back tomorrow to post my workout.

I can't believe I have a week left!

I'm traveling the next couple of days with long car rides - so my rest days are today and monday.

Tuesday, jog/run.

Wednesday, core/abs

Thursday, rock climbing

Friday, weights arms/legs

Saturday, rest. aka house chores.

We are all beautiful creatures!  And we are all crushing it!!  

Was able to get a run in on Sunday & today.  Yesterday was supposed to be a gym day, but I set the wrong alarm!  :(

I'm training for a 15k (9.3miles) on May 3rd, so I gotta step it up. 

Keep up the fantastic work, ya'll inspire me.

I feel like a total slacker. I got home from travelling on Monday around 3:30 then had to teach from 5pm-9pm then had to return to teach again from 8am-12pm with meetings until 2pm. I just felt exhausted and didn't do my workout yesterday afternoon - then my puppy got sick last night so i was NOT going anywhere.

I think I also have post-awesome-weekend-blues. One of my friends from gradschool had a baby and a third friend from school and I went to visit. We are so in tune together that it hurts when we leave. We wish everyday we all still shared an office.

Tonight I am going to see a concert though (small venue, close stage, awesome voice) with a coworker - trying to establish good friendships in situ now too.

So, I guess my exercise has needed a backseat to my social-size the last couple of days. But I should also just get up and do it, because it will probably make me feel better. Commencing convincing... now.

I've been lurking on this forum but would love to join you.  I'm training for a 10k after many many years not running at all, and several years of miscellaneous injuries that kept me sidelined whenever I tried to start running again.  I now have ongoing physical therapy as a regular part of my regime to try to keep myself patched together to keep me going!

My ongoing battle is to not get discouraged when I need to take a step back (I tend to push through and hurt myself).  But I've been running regularly for several months now and have kept the injuries mostly at bay, and rested when I need to.  Just like my ongoing food maintenance work, my motto has to be "slow and steady wins the race."

My workouts are generally running 3-4 days a week with a longer run on Saturday, walking and strength training two days a week and a rest day on Sunday (where I'll try not to overdue it with yard work).  I always intend to incorporate yoga somewhere, but still haven't made that a regular practice yet.

Onwards!

I started a new job this week and was completely overwhelmed on my first 2 days (Monday and Tuesday) so I didn't work out. But I managed to do a 45-minute run this evening and feel so much better (not necessarily because I felt less guilty, but because activity is part of what makes me feel good).

Tristar, I didn't know you were training for a 15k. That is a suh-weet distance. Not as painful as a half but long enough to force you to be disciplined about pacing. Good luck! I look forward to hearing how your runs/training proceed. If it makes you feel any better, you can count my run tonight as "ours". ;)

feb27, social size is exercise. It works our humour, compassion, interests, kindness...and keeps our sanity in check! I don't think you should feel badly for taking time out for your friends. Life is about balance - not perfection. There's lots of time to do something tomorrow. :)

higs, you're doing a 10k! My all-time fave distance. Or as I like to call it "I run like I'm being chased by mean dinosaurs." Jurassic Park style running (with me and my tomato face). There's something special about that distance. I think it's because by the time my brain and body get mad at me for hoodwinking them into doing a race, they've only got 3k more to go. I have my fingers crossed that your injuries stay sidelined and your training continues to run smoothly. You're so good at listening to your body and its needs - it's going to be fascinating hearing about your training. I look forward to it. :)

I needed to watch that video. Thanks!

I'd like to join in. Lurking and reading these posts have prompted me to get serious (again) about activity.

I'm trying to get into a consistent exercise schedule, but I am having trouble sticking to one program. I have a perfectly good "home gym" that I am not using. I miss the social aspects of being a gym rat, but I am not going to throw money at the "hope" that that is the change I need. There's plenty of positive group support and fellowship right here.

I know that regular activity is as good for my mental health as it is physical. When I slack on the exercise, I tend to rationalize going off my meal plan. "Why should I mind what I eat, if I'm not getting any exercise?" When I get into a groove with exercise, everything else gets better.

Today's plan: 30 minute walk with DH. Kettlebell workout. I'll report back tomorrow.

evaq, 10ks used to be my favorite distance -- about 30 years ago!  Right now I'm just hoping to finish one.   ;) I have my sights set on my first half marathon in October, which has been a goal for several years, and the 10k plan I'm working on now is to keep me on track for that longer term goal.  Thirty-some years ago I was a varsity cross-country runner and I'm still trying to get myself back to that.  We shall see.  I hope your new job is going well!

feb27, thanks for getting this thread started!  I hope your puppy is feeling better!  Mine got me up in the middle of the night a couple nights ago, too.  It's no fun when they're not feeling good.

Archived