Who could use some Exercise Accountability?

feb27start

Thanks feb 27 and welcome back! It sounds like you had a good trip, with a few off-road indulgences...I think we had the same weekend. ;)

I'm hoping things settle down. It certainly makes me realise what a huge factor stress can be in my eating/rest and overall health. It's not like I had a big argument or test to anticipate. It's all nerves and butterflies that play havoc with your sleep cycle and everything else. And it feels strange to be "beat" at the end of the day and not because of any physical workout - it's just the internal pressure/stress of trying to absorb a lot of information and not appear like Lucille Ball at the office (always an immminent threat with me).

I managed to get in an hour of climbing tonight. But the weekend was spent cross-border shopping...so the only exercise I got over the last 2 days was through retail therapy. And the eating was typical of what you'd expect from a road trip (less than idea choices) and I felt heavy, bloated and kinda blech-y. It was a fun trip, but I'm happy to be back home and reunited with my (mainly) whole foods.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Today I'm returning to my clean eating and regular exercise, after an indulgent few days.

I can't relate to "retail therapy." I find shopping extra stressful, especially when looking for clothes and shoes. It seems that when I find something that I like and that fits, the manufacturer discontinues that item.

It's my "Friday" at work, and I'm looking  forward to some good workouts and a few home improvement projects.

Hi everyone! I did 60 mins of yoga today. It was very humbling. I haven't had a consistent practice for about 1 1/2 years so I was quivering through all the core exercises and needed to take mini breaks during the warrior sequences. At the end of class, the instructor came up to me and asked if I was ok since I seemed to be struggling. I just laugheed and said, "It's fine, it's just been a while."

It's hard on the ego to do something you have no natural "talent" for and I struggle with that constantly in yoga. But I also realise that it's important to not be competitive in all things (there's plenty of that everywhere else). It's going to take me a while to build my yoga practice again and I'm ok with that. My fitness mantra has always been: I want to be equally weak on all fronts. And conversely, I want to be equally good at all things ie. my fitness trinity is power, strength, endurance.

I think I need to add a fourth: patience. :)

I'm struggling with consistency. I did walk a lot today. I also got all my weekly grocery shopping done. Then I got absorbed reading Dan John's new book.

Tomorrow is my weekly cook-up, but my KB workout is my priority. No excuses.

Good job getting back to the yoga evaq! Hang in there, it's so good for you and don't forget to laugh at yourself like I have to do with Zumba

I walked a 5K Saturday with the single jog stroller. It was a little too cold for the baby. Other than that I've been running around like crazy getting ready to head out of town in the morning. The first thing I did was shop and pack food for the show, the hotel, and the long drive. Unfortunately I didn't lose enough weight on my Whole30 to feel comfortable in my pre pregnancy jeans so I had to buy a few pair. They all go on and button but still a little too tight for my liking☺

So I have to admit I was excited to get on the scale after the Whole30 . I felt like I had lost a minimum of 5lbs but thought it could be closer to 10. I really feel good and so much slimmer. I was blown away to find that I had only lost 2.5lbs!!! The cool part was that I wasn't discouraged. I've been eating the same although I've had a few beers this week.

I'm really looking forward to getting back home next week and for things to calm down so I can focus on getting into an exercise routine. The weather is getting warmer and we'll be walking like crazy.

Hope you all have a great rest of the week and a wonderful weekend. Keep on keepin on!

Good Morning,

Yesterday was a great day. I got a lot of cooking done and found time for my Kettlebell workout. At the end of the day, I had a strong feeling of accomplishment. This morning, I can feel that my muscles worked yesterday...in a good way.

Funny how I can make exercise a priority when I'm really busy, but not when I have a lot of idle time. :huh:

Hope everyone had a good weekend. It's been a busy one for me so I haven't logged all my various workouts but I did manage to run 35 mins on friday, weights for 45 mins on saturday and practice yoga for 60 mins today. I'm more sore from yoga than anything else lol. Cutting out yoga for 1 1/2 years but continuing to  run and and lift weights has made my body super tight. It's so humbling not being able to do poses I once took for granted because my legs are now solid rebar. Patience and consistency, right? :)

I haven't posted for a few days but have managed to squeeze in a workout here and there. Yesterday was 45 mins of climbing and today was 40 mins of running. Instead of being hard on myself for not doing "more" because of my new job and adjusting to schedules etc, I think my new mantra is "Any physical activity is better than none." :)

I hope everyone is doing well! This thread has been a little quiet lately so everyone must be busy. Things are settling down a little here. We survived the trade show but it has taken me a week to get things back to normal here at home and the office. I have not gotten any exercise in other than running around like crazy. The weather and my schedule both look pretty good for the week so I'm hoping to get out for some walks.

I hope everyone had a great weekend! Wishing you all a super week!

Archived