Day 47 and sick.

I have a question... Yesterday after M2, I started feeling bad, so bloated I felt bigger than I was when I was preggo's with my 10 lb baby boy 28 years ago. Things went from bad to worse, I managed to get  M3 down, steak and sweet potato. Stomach started cramping and nausea set in, then about 0200, diarrhea set in to stay so far. Temp last night, 98.8, this am 99.5, just a bit ago, 100.1. I haven't had anything to eat since M3 last night, no appetite. I have been drinking gingeraide kombucha, lemon LaCroix and berry LaCroix, getting ready to fix me some tea. Just remembered I fixed a cup of lavender/rose/chamomile last night that I didn't drink. think I'll poor that over ice. All the bloating is pretty much gone as well as the nausea, stomach just feels raw. I have slept pretty much all night and day since I went to bed last night. This is day 47 for me. Now, I want to listen to my body, and I know that signals can be messed up, yet it seems when I am sick depending the problem, I have particular cravings, ie. a cold and I crave oranges, grapefruits their juice, chicken soup with added turmeric, rosemary and thyme. I don't feel this is a food issue due to the temp, and the only thing different I ate yesterday was parsnips. They are not on any of the list to not eat for particular issues, so, I feel I should listen to my body and let the gut take care of what ever bug has attacked. My question is, since, I have not eaten anything, and what I have drank is whole30 compliant, should I just keep counting off the days or make tomorrow day 1 again? I need to think about how this will affect me psychologically, as well as setting an example of whole30 for others. I know, I have passed the 30 day mark, but feel it is important to the whole shebang!

• Moderators

If you haven't eaten anything noncompliant, you're welcome to keep going and keep counting. Sorry you're sick! Hope you get to feeling better soon. Bone broth is your friend. . . . 

• Moderators

You can take anti-diarrhea meds. I got violent diarrhea the other night after I thawed some white fish and made an onion, poblano pepper, coconut milk, and white fish stew. I worry that the fish was bad. Immediately afterwards I took one dose of anti-diarrhea meds, had one mild episode of diarrhea about 3 hours later, and then was fine except not going again for 2 full days. 

Thanks everyone, Kinda what I was thinking but just wanted some other opinions. Feeling some better this evening, so might try something like a scrambled egg dish for M3 today. That I am even thinking of it is a good sign in my book! Although, I also feel like going back to bed, this is the longest I've been up all day.

Tom, I am not big on taking meds. so don't have anything like that in my cabinet. Not pooping for 2 days is no more fun for me than the diarrhea I've had. Thankfully, it hasn't been explosive, just consistent so no messes to clean... but thanks for the recommendation. I don't even take anything to reduce a fever, I let my fevers do their work. They are a key component to a healthy immune system. They make me sleep and that is when the body does it's greatest healing.

went back to bed and got up a bit ago. Decided to cook an egg with a bit of kale, first bite was the hardest, stomach yelled at me. Have had a second bite, but don't know if I'll be able to finish it. Even bone broth makes my tummy scream.I'll try it next time. Right now, I am sticking with water, ginger kombucha and LaCroix. Seems to help tum relax not spasm.

Archived