Post WO/Meal 1 Question

kelseybear36

I work out from 545-645AM and then eat meal 1 around 715. I normally eat 2 eggs, 3 slices of ham, lots of veggies (spinach and sweet potatoes) and some guac.

1. Should I still not include fat in my post-WO/meal 1? I can't eat lunch until 1 so I'm concerned that meal 1 without the fat won't keep me full! 

2. Are sweet potatoes most beneficial post-WO? If I notice my energy dragging throughout the day should I try and incorporate a little bit of starchy veg in every meal?

• Moderators

Would it be possible for you to eat some lean protein and maybe some starchy veg right after your workout and then have a proper meal 1 a little bit later, like at 8? That's what I do when I lift at 6 am twice a week, and it works well for me.

Foregoing the fat in meal 1 would definitely set you up for serious hunger well before your lunch at 1. And I would definitely play with increasing starchy veg if I were you. When I started eating them with every meal (after getting over my carbaphobia) life took a dramatic turn for the better--moods, energy, fat loss all improved.

Archived