First Whole 30 - Starting Monday, March 16

nicoledawn913

Hello All!  Hopefully there will be a few others that are starting around the same time, so we can support each other.  

I have attempted 2 prior Whole 30's and given up after just a few days.  I really struggled with taking the time to prepare food ahead of time, so then at the last minute, when i didn't have any compliant food around, I caved.  

I'm a mama to a two year old and recently found out that baby #2 is on its way!  I figured since I won't be enjoying my (several times a week) glass of wine, that's one less thing I would have to give up on the Whole 30.  :)  I really want to start this pregnancy by having my eating habits completely clean and healthy.  I have been pretty much grain free, and mostly Paleo for the last 6 months or so.  I do love my daily chocolate treat, so that will be the biggest hurdle I believe.  My husband is not on board with doing a Whole 30 with my, but he also eats mostly Paleo all the time, so I definitely have his support, which really helps.

Also starting Monday, March 16. I'm gluten intolerant, so I have been mostly off gluten for almost two years and it has improved my health a ton. I am hoping that the Whole30 program will work out some other problems my body is warning me of. I'm in college though, so it may be hard and I would love the support cuz all my friends eat junk food round the clock haha. 

Hello! This is my 1st whole 30 program. I am really nervous. I have been a slave to sugar since i was a kid. I am happy to see that we all will be able to support each other. I am 43 morbidly obese . I have a boyfriend but he isn't that supportive for me and 2 dogs. March 13 we are making a lifestyle change for our health. Step 1 Sugar Detox!   ;)

Hooray to all.  I am starting on Monday as well (3/16) ... I too feel like the sugar will be the hardest part, but I am excited to see how I feel after/during it.  I have a 18 month old and am still struggling to lose the baby weight.  In addition, I feel like I have less energy than pre-baby and haven't really gotten full force back in exercising (I used to run marathons, now I walk our dog).  Hoping I can take this month to center myself and get back to some healthy habits!

Hi all I am starting my 2nd whole 30 today and would like the accountability. Food tends to control me and I want to get back to eating to help my body instead of hurting it. We can do it! Thanks for letting me be a part of the group.

I'm going to be starting my first whole30 on Mon as well!! I have been dealing with work stress and family deaths by turning to food, and I'm sick of how dependent on it I feel. I want to feel nourished by what I put in my body, not lethargic!!

Hello fellow newbies :)

Today is Day 1 of my second time round doing Whole30.  I did it last September and lost around 14lbs but sadly did not continue with my great new eating plan and that 14lbs has returned.

My goal this time is to stay on Whole30 for 30 days and then continue on with Paleo.  I am also working my way through Linda Spangle's 100 Days of Weight Loss which has exercises to help stay the course on any diet you choose.  My biggest problem is stress/emotional eating and, let's face it, one does not crave healthy foods to stress eat with.  The 100 Days book should help with that.

I could really use the support and am happy to offer any help I can to others.

Deb

So far, so good BeachDawg.  Going to the gym tomorrow after work so looking up pre and/or post workout snacks.  I have a long day at work (10 hour early shift) and want to go straight to the gym and not fall over mid treadmill... :-o

How is everyone else doing?

day 4 for me - I have been very typical - first day great - 2nd day not so great but not too bad - 3rd day was pretty bad - I thought I had fever but I guess I was just getting over the bad eating I had done last weekend!

Today I feel really well! I have been completely compliant with the food - so I feel good about that - how are the other newbies doing?

I am Day 2 and it's going well so far. This is not my first Whole 30 rodeo so I am excited for the energy surge and keep looking forward to that. Luckily my partner is supportive and an ace in the kitchen. I will be incorporating the gym this time and am nervous about figuring out how much to eat to keep me going. 

I can do this...I can do this...we all can!

I was great thru day five and then yesterday, I crashed. I had no appetite and had stomach pains. I fell down once....low blood sugar? So I ate some extra fruit. Never had dinner last night. I feel good again today. I think I'm going to add a third fruit serving to each day. I know my blood sugar can get low so I'll try to prevent that.

Archived