Which Larabar's are Whole30 approved?

taylashaheen

• Moderators

Every larabar is a bad idea. Avoid them throughout your Whole30 and you will do fine. 

Part of what you are supposed to do during a Whole30 is learn to read ingredient labels habitually. Vendors change ingredients from time to time. A product that is compliant when you buy it one month might change by the time you want more a month later. The only safe thing to do is to read the ingredient label. 

So to summarize: Don't buy any larabars. Read the ingredient label to see what is compliant and what is not. :)

There is a natural tendency to find substitutes for foods we're drawn to.  Paleo snacks and Larabars that come wrapped in a neat lil package for the shelf can end up being our wolves in sheeps clothing for the long run. People find themselves reaching for snacks instead of preparing  meals that will take them all of the way to the Whole 30 finish line.

To answer your question, the ones I've tried are Pecan pie, Cherry Pie and Cashew Cookie. Not sure about the Lemon one, because it has "natural lemon flavor" and I have NO idea what that is. I know you're supposed to avoid LaraBars (thankfully they aren't all that great), but they're really convenient source of energy. Earlier this week I was busy until 8 pm and was really starting to feel badly because dinner was so late and eating half of one helped. 

Archived