This is my first post in a Whole 30 forum. I am on day 27 on my first Whole 30 experience. I was a fairly healthy eater prior to this, but had never given up dairy or grains completely, and just wanted to see if doing so might impact my chronic hip pain. On the whole, I have felt fantastic: energetic, centered, focused (have not yet drawn conclusions about the hip pain), but the last 3 days I have suffered horrendous stomach pain. It feels like I've been punched in the gut, ranging from a dull ache, stomach-eating-itself feeling, to a more sharp gas type of pain that has me leaning onto a heating pad for any relief. During those episodes, I wish that I could throw-up, burp, have diarrhea, or pass gas to just get on with it, but the pain generally lingers, until it seems I am hours from my last meal. At first I blamed eating fruit after a meal, then when it persisted, I blamed too much broccoli (I had it 2 days in a row- fully cooked- maybe 1/2 cup servings at most). But now I am nearing the end of my 3rd full day with this, and it is simply happening after every meal, regardless of what I am eating. I am not over-eating, and have absolutely no history of any stomach issue. It is making me feel like my body is telling me that this is not right for me! I have a doctor's appt on Tuesday, but I am obviously hoping to gain some relief before then. If anyone has a recommendation, I am more than happy to hear it!

Thank you, Mary

• Administrators

Oh, so sorry to hear that you are suffering! Since you are 27 days in and have only felt this in the last few, I would hesitate to consider that eating whole, nutritious foods in a quantity suitable to your context is "not for you". Until you start to feel better or get diagnosed by a doctor, perhaps go with some easier to digest foods like bone broth, sweet potatoes, chicken etc.

Eating protein, veggies and good fats is never going to be wrong.....now you just have to figure out why your tummy is hurting and you'll be all set!

In the meantime maybe you want to post what you've been eating in the last three days including portions, fluids etc and we can take a look and see if anything stands out.

Unfortunately, I am not posting because I have any solutions.  I am posting because I am experiencing very similar stomach pain.  This is my first Whole30.  My cousin has done the Whole30 before and she believes this stomach pain is common, though different for everyone.  She encouraged me to stick with it, saying the pain should subside.  Let's hope that is true!

Archived