Please advise if...

MBC

I think it's paleo but probably iffy for whole 30, but maybe the mods will be more flexible.

All the ingredients are compliant but I think the context (and quantity of "flours") makes it SWYPO.  A more whole 30 friendly version would be to do without the crust/pastry and make a salad of roasted tomatoes, basil, olives, dressing and other vegetables - plus protein and more veg of course for a complete meal. :)

What you're trying to reproduce with almond flour + tapioca flour is one of the very things you're trying to eliminate with whole 30: grains. This is one of the finer distinctions of paleo vs whole 30. Or rather why whole 30 is referred to as *squeaky clean* paleo.

http://whole30.com/2013/06/the-official-can-i-have-guide-to-the-whole30/

Yes, you can have almond flour, coconut flour, tapioca flour, and other non-grain-based flours, but it’s context-dependent. You can use it in place of breadcrumbs in your meatballs, to dredge a piece of chicken, or to thicken a sauce or stew.  You may not use it for Paleo baking—to make muffins, pancakes, bread, cupcakes, cookies, waffles, biscuits, tortillas, pizza crust, or anything of that nature. We call those recipes Sex With Your Pants On (SWYPO) foods, and they are expressly off-limits during your Whole30.

Archived