Is there any commercially available mayo that is compliant?

hollylu

I have been buying mayo from Trader Joe's for years because it doesn't have sugar and is delicious. It is made with soybean oil, though. :(

Is there a commercially available mayo that doesn't use bad oil or sugar??? I know all about making your own, and I have done it, but I don't like my homemade mayo nearly as much. And half the time it flops, and I don't like wasting all that expensive oil. And, no - I don't like to use it for salad dressing or something else. I just want to find some that I can buy and be done with it.

Holly, I'm searching for you but I haven't found one yet.   It would be nice to have a compliant one  for emergencies.   A compliant mayo in a foil packet for the foil packet of tuna/salmon when you're stuck in traffic, an airport or on the tarmac.   That's some true food that I could wrap my lips around in an emergency.

I've looked in France and other countries.  Sorry, Holly.  If the demand is there, maybe someone will produce one. Portable compliant mayo for lunchboxes, backpacks and purses.

I noticed on Primal Kitchen's site when you click add to cart it takes you to a page where they want you to buy 3 at a time. If you go to Primalfoodpantry.com it's a couple dollars more but you can buy just one jar. I'd want to try it first before committing to 3 jars so for my first order I'll go to primal food pantry. Then I'll look at Primal Kitchen for the discounted rate if I like it. :)

• Moderators

I don't think there was a commercially available Mayo that was Whole30-compliant just a few months ago. The market is beginning to respond, but it really would be best to adapt your technique until you can make your own mayo successfully. I went through a slump for a while, but got my mojo back. The secret for me seems to be using a little less oil.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Holly, I too struggled with homemade mayo.  It took me probably 10 different compliant recipes before I finally found one that I liked.  They can all have different flavors depending on what ingredients you use.  For example, I am not a fan of mayo made with avocado oil.  And I prefer those made with lemon juice as opposed to vinegars.  My favorite is extra light olive oil, egg yolk, and lemon juice as the main ingredients.  That being said, it is nice to be able to just buy a jar sometimes ;)

• 1 month later...

I bought Primal Kitchen Mayo made with Avocado Oil, It tastes like regular mayo to me.  I think it's great rather expensive but good for when I don't have the time to mess with making my own. I got mine at Thrive Market online.  I bought a few things when I was getting ready to go on the plan.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Moderators

In the mean time one of the things I do for a quick lunch is mix tuna with 100 calorie packets of Wholy Guacamole. You can get them at Costco...

http://eatwholly.com/products/classic-100-cal-minis/

I often make tuna or salmon salad with a whole avocado instead of mayonnaise. Just mash it up with a little lime juice. Sometimes I add a little yellow mustard. 

• 3 months later...

Archived