Labs don't lie

LissFish

Well I didn't manage to be compliant for a whole 30 days; finding sneaky sulfites on day 27 is a huge bummer!!! 

In October 2014, after a well check, I found out I was borderline diabetic. I tried to eat healthy and workout for the next few months until I found out about Whole30. I started mid-Jan and had a few restarts. All compliant days combined equal to over 30, I just didn't get 30 days straight. However, at my follow-up a few weeks ago I had my labs re-run: 

A1c: 6.2 to 6.1. 

Total cholesterol: 188 to 148.

LDL: 119 to 92.

Triglycerides: 117 to 66

Weight: down 11 lbs

Both my provider and I are happy with the results, but I'm not stopping. This is just more motivation to get on another Whole30, complete the 30 days STRAIGHT and get my A1c down to 5.6. It will happen! Who knows... maybe I'll do a 90 or 120 :)

This is terrific LissFish! Congratulations!!! I love that you didn't throw up your arms and bury your face in ice cream + corn chips when faced with a bump, obstacle or interruption to your whole 30. It's so easy for those minor setbacks to emotionally de-rail us, but you showed a lot of commitment and have the health gains and labs to prove it. :)

This is terrific LissFish! Congratulations!!! I love that you didn't throw up your arms and bury your face in ice cream + corn chips when faced with a bump, obstacle or interruption to your whole 30. It's so easy for those minor setbacks to emotionally de-rail us, but you showed a lot of commitment and have the health gains and labs to prove it. :)

Thank you evaq! It's been a few weeks since my Day 27 and I have to admit I did have a few things I shouldn't of but I was very conscious of the choices I was making, how they would affect my borderline diabetes and then how they made me feel afterward. I'm so happy to be on Day 1 again and get back to it! I'm looking forward to the next set of changes. Your post was amazing with your results. I will definitely pay more attention to more than just numbers this time around!

Lissfish, I was diagnosed as borderline diabetic 5 years ago and put on meds to control my blood sugar so I am *cheering super hard* for you right now. I know  the kind of commitment and perseverance it takes to turn things around. Way to go! What an amazing NSV. ps. I haven't been on any meds for 5 years. :)

Archived