input on my first three days please

rizzo0904

I've had the same breakfast each day

..a casserole I made with eggs pumpkin cinnamon and coconut milk. I top I with pecans. I also had some cantaloupe.

Day 1&2 were lots of veggies for lunch

...jicama, carrots, cucumbers, etc. Today I had left over Mexican beef with carrots and parsnips and a few strawberries.

Last night's dinner was the Mexican beef, roasted carrots and parsnips, and some roasted potatoes...plus a small fruit salad. Tonight will be baked salmon, jicama and red pepper salad, and bok choy.

What are your goals for your whole30? Your breakfast looks to be on the sweet side to me, so if you are trying to tame a sugar dragon, you might want to be careful with this, as well as the fact that you are having fruit at every meal. Also probably want to add some more veg to breakfast. Otherwise, your meal 2's and 3's look great with a mix of protein and veg. Are you adding a serving a fat to those meals as well?

Hi There.

Your meals look decent although I am worrying about your breakfast - it seems like a crustless pumpkin pie to be honest....which goes against whole 30 rules and into SWYPO territory.  Which if you are trying to get rid of sugar temptation is the wrong way to go about it.  How many eggs are you getting out of one these "casserole" portions? You should aim for 2-3 eggs - or as many eggs as you can hold in one hand.

You seem to missing fat in your meal 2 and 3. Fat is what will help keep you satiated for longer periods of time.

I'm not a fan of eggs at all, so mixing them with the pumpkin and coconut milk make them edible. Each serving size has one egg, 1/4 can of pumpkin and 2oz of coconut milk.

Tomorrow I'm making a batch of ground pork mixed with sweet potatoes to change breakfast up....I will add spinach if I make it to the store.

For fats, my veggies are coated with olive oil salt and pepper. I use coconut oil sometimes as well.

• Administrators

I'm not a fan of eggs at all, so mixing them with the pumpkin and coconut milk make them edible. Each serving size has one egg, 1/4 can of pumpkin and 2oz of coconut milk.

Tomorrow I'm making a batch of ground pork mixed with sweet potatoes to change breakfast up....I will add spinach if I make it to the store.

For fats, my veggies are coated with olive oil salt and pepper. I use coconut oil sometimes as well.

Your breakfast is not enough food for an adult person, sorry.  Please check out our meal template (linked below in my signature) and work to match each meal to it.  1-2 palms of protein, 1-3 cups of veggies, 1-2 thumbs of fat.  A serving of eggs if it is the singular protein is as many as you can hold in your hand.  For most people that is at least 3-4.

Breakfast does not have to contain eggs, it can be anything you would eat at any other meal. Leftovers are popular as are skillet hashes that contain veggies and meat together.

If you don't like eggs - that is fine.  You don't have to eat them.  Google whole 30 eggless breakfast ideas - and you should have tons of options for you.  Just steer clear of pancakes, muffins, baked goods etc.

That is also not a large enough breakfast.  If you are hungry early on - this could be why.

If you add to that casserole of pumpkin, eggs and coconut milk: browned sausage (or compliant bacon) and large handfuls of spinach or kale - that would be a decent casserole.

You could also do a egg-foo-young type recipe. Both websites: Nomnompaleo and theclothesmakethegirl websites have good recipes.

I will work on making breakfast bigger...I've never been a big breakfast eater, so I'm not hungy.  It was always just a bowl of cereal or a yogurt.  So this portion doesn't seem "small" to me. 

Working on tonight's dinner....adding beets to the plan.

I too was only a cereal eater, or 1 slice of toast in the morning - so I get it.

But I also was chronically hungry at 10am and 3pm as well.

Now, I must confess my meals are huge and it did take a while for me to work up to eating 3 eggs.  But it honestly it does make a difference.

Pre-whole30 my breakfast was routinely x2 scrambled eggs & a mug of green tea.

Now meal 1 would be more like x3 eggs scrambled with 2-3 cups spinach/kale, 1/2 an avocado, sauteed mushrooms & onion, and maybe a slice or two of compliant bacon/chicken/beef. It takes me a while to eat it but that keeps me going until 1pm! Previously I'd have had a latte and a handful of mixed fruit & nuts mid morning to keep me going. Now there's no need - hunger satisfied, snack habit gone.

The meal templates really do work if you stick to them.

Just prepped some homemade pork patties and I've got sweet potatoes baking. Tomorrow I'll have a sausage, sweet potatoes, and wilted spinach for breakfast. Better? And I've got seven more patties in the freezer so I can pull one out before bed for an easy breakfast.

Just prepped some homemade pork patties and I've got sweet potatoes baking. Tomorrow I'll have a sausage, sweet potatoes, and wilted spinach for breakfast. Better? And I've got seven more patties in the freezer so I can pull one out before bed for an easy breakfast.

See, now *that's* got my mouth watering...  :)

Archived