Compliant bacon?

SherryM

• Moderators

Applegate has a great Turkey bacon.

Nothing artificial on it. You can find at Whole Foods, Shaws, Stop and shop...

http://www.applegate.com/products/natural-turkey-bacon

But it contains maple sugar, so it's not acceptable on a Whole30.

Any luck with finding compliant TURKEY bacon anyone?

I don't know about turkey bacon, but if you're open to eating red meat, there is beef bacon. I tried it, it's a little weird (but I eat pork and am used to regular bacon), but it might be an option.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have a question about my bacon. It isn't organic/pastured but *is* sugar-free (same as the sausage I had)... so should I be limiting my intake of those? (Residues accumulate in fats) I haven't started on the bacon yet. Has anyone been able to find a good source of sausage/bacon that is compliant *and* organic?

Thought nitrates were a no-no.

In my opinion, Sodium Nitrite / Nitrate should be off limits, but I avoid them at all costs after doing research... A lot of companies are figuring out they can preserve meats with sea salt and celery juice instead...

• 1 month later...

I have a question about my bacon. It isn't organic/pastured but *is* sugar-free (same as the sausage I had)... so should I be limiting my intake of those? (Residues accumulate in fats) I haven't started on the bacon yet. Has anyone been able to find a good source of sausage/bacon that is compliant *and* organic?

Does anyone have a couple suggestions of some sort that you can list of different types/brands of bacon that is compliant? I tried Naked Bacon with no sugar added and wasn't a fan of the spices used to season it... AT ALL. Please and thank you!!!!!!

• Moderators

US Wellness Meats is a mail order company that offers sugar free bacon.

There is a Pedersons brand carried by Whole Foods that is compliant.

The real reason we don't post a list is that you simply must read every label. Every time you buy it. Companies often change ingredients.

It might also be helpful to read The Bacon Manifesto.

• 2 weeks later...

I found Smithfield Farm bacon that is compliant and tastes good. I don't know if it is available all over the country as the packing plant is located in Smithfield, VA.

I'm near you and I haven't seen that brand of Smithfield bacon. What store are you seeing it in?

Archived