What is your "why"?

swalker

I want to feel better after several years of unhealthy eating and stress levels (I get to eat what I want, right? I earned it). I'm tired of being tired, tired of feeling bloated and uncomfortable in my skin. and the straw, shall we say, was my cardiologist saying "it's time to focus on exercise and eating better."  (who me? I'm too young to have to be concerned about that!)

I just wanted to try it.  There was no medical or weight loss reason as such although dropping a few pounds would be a bonus.  I've been on a total food replacement plan for 4 months and I had totally had enough of eating dust despite the fact it had helped me to lose 50lb.  I didn't want to go back to eating the same way as I had before as I want to keep the weight off naturally, so I was looking for something with strict guidelines to keep me on the straight and narrow.  I stumbled across W30 in a Google search but it's relatively unknown in the UK so it's been a rather solo effort on my part.  The more I read on here the more I am starting to realise that actually we have it pretty good in the UK as we don't seem to have sugar added to practically everything in the grocery store unlike the US. 

I've been paleo/primal for some time but still felt there was something in my diet holding me back. I'd been told about whole30 by a number of people over the years and started to do some research myself. I'd also developed a few bad eating habits I wanted to break - I was so disciplined all week, but come 5 o'clock on a Saturday it was gin o'clock & with that came the treats.... With Sunday came the food hangover, and every Monday was like groundhog day - starting over with training & eating 'clean'.

I took a long hard look at myself, decided I needed to do a re-set, re-evaluate where I wanted to be & take steps to get there. Whole30 is gonna take me to that place - and keep me on the straight & narrow.

Food intolerances. I knew that gluten was bad for me and that I felt better grain free. I wanted more information. Turns out that yes gluten is bad as is rice and tomatoes and beans. Dairy okay occasionally. I like being able to eat without relentless digestive discomfort.

My most recent round has been to tackle my sugar addiction. Turns out that's way harder than just not eating wheat

Archived