Am I eating too much?

This mornings breakfast was 4 soft boiled eggs, two rabbit sausages sauted with about 2 cups of zucchini and a tiny bit of sweet potato. My husband saw what I was eating and thought I was going overboard. I am on day 26 and I know that this is what fills me up and keeps me satisfied for 4-5 hours. I am not a small person and I also just completed a 40 minute run and will likely be on my feet the rest of the day taking care of my four kids. I feel defeated hearing him criticize my food choices and once again I am questioning whether I am doing this right.

nope you are not eating too much. don't listen to him! In addition, let him know that you do not appreciate him critiquing your food choices. You have done your research and you are implementing what is right for your body. Don't let anyone make you doubt just because they still buy into the traditional american diet.

ps. the way the traditional american diet works: feed yourself meager portions of high nutrient density foods, supplement with fillers. your body deserves better and your are providing it. way to go!!

This mornings breakfast was 4 soft boiled eggs, two rabbit sausages sauted with about 2 cups of zucchini and a tiny bit of sweet potato. My husband saw what I was eating and thought I was going overboard. I am on day 26 and I know that this is what fills me up and keeps me satisfied for 4-5 hours. I am not a small person and I also just completed a 40 minute run and will likely be on my feet the rest of the day taking care of my four kids. I feel defeated hearing him criticize my food choices and once again I am questioning whether I am doing this right.

Whole30 - you're doing it right. That is all.  B)

Hi Momof4, I had to laugh when I saw your thread because I was just sitting down to breakfast and I looked at my meal and thought to myself "that is a ton of food" (3egg omelet stuffed with sautéed vegetables, fruit salad of strawberries, cantaloupe and blueberries). I am also on day 26!! I can't believe I've made it this far without weighing myself or having a glass of wine. It feels good. The 3 meals a day with protein, fat, veg and sometimes fruit has worked for me. I love it. I've made some delicious new meals thanks to the links contained in some of the forum threads. Keep going everyone! I'm so glad I found Whole30 finally in 2015 thanks to a friend who told me about ISWF.

Really.  You are fine.  Your husband needs to STFU.  And the portions I pack away (and I *am* a small person) make lots of people go O.o...sometimes even me.  But I am FEEDING MYSELF and it feels SO AMAZING and really, most people just don't understand.  ;)

Good luck to you in the home stretch!  It sounds like you're doing an awesome job!

Hi Momof4, since we started our whole 30 on the same day, I thought I'd ask you how you are feeling today on day 31? First of all, congratulations for completing your commitment to yourself! At least that's how I feel. My husband and kids are proud of me. I've been compliant so far today (it is 2:20 pm here) but my DH (dear husband) wants to go out to dinner tonight and I am probably going to have that glass of wine. Thankfully we are going to a nice steak restaurant so I will still be able to have a nice meal. I'm going to bring some ghee with me though. I don't think I'm quite ready for dairy reintro. Let me know how you are doing today when you get a chance.

Archived