Day 21. Exhausted and miserable.

I thought things were going pretty well.  Bumpy at first, but then I thought I was feeling better.  I've been really careful about sticking to the template, and the only thing I'm not sure about is the starches.  (That's the one thing everybody seems sketchy about.  Half the time it's "starve off the sugar dragon with protein and fat" and the other half of the time it's "make sure you're getting enough carbs!")  But for the most part, I find it easy to stick to the template.  I like vegetables, and I love avocados and olives. 

I'm starting to wonder if I made myself think things were going well just because the Whole30 includes most of my favorite foods!

At this point just trying to analyze what I'm doing wrong seems overwhelming, I don't have the energy or concentration to even think, my ears are ringing, and this whole post is coming out garbled. 

For breakfast I had three eggs with two strips of compliant bacon, some sauteed cabbage that I added some leftover spaghetti squash to, and a bit of sweet potato. 

I made a salad for lunch with cabbage, cucumber, tomato, onions and olives, topped with a 5oz can of compliant tuna and about half an avocado, and some EVOO.  Most of it is still sitting in front of me.  I like it and I'm hungry, but I don't want it.  I want plain Greek yogurt with some berries.  I can't even quite find words for how I'm feeling.  I just yelled at the cat for trying to jump up on my lap.  I hate everything.  I want to scream and throw things and then toss this whole idea in the trash.  I feel like a kid having a tantrum, and I can't think. 

I hear you! I was feeling this way a couple of days ago. I'm on Day 22 today.  I just wanted milk in my tea nothing major but I just wanted it!  I salved my sulks with a banana and almond butter, it helped a bit :)

If you're exhausted, then yes, one of the first suggestions we'll typicallly make is to ensure you're having at least a fist-sized serving of carb-dense vegetables daily. This includes potatoes, winter squash, beets, carrots, jicama, plantains, rutabaga and parsnips.

Do you like the food you've been eating? Maybe it's time for a recipe shake up?

Are you drinking enough water? Aim for 1/2 oz of water per pound of body weight, daily.

Are you getting 8 hours of sleep nightly?

The food has been great.  Like I said, Whole30 contains most of my favorite foods.  Cuts out quite a few of them too, but I haven't had any trouble coming up with enough foods that I enjoy.  "Guacamole" was among my first words.  (Seriously!  Toddlerized pronunciation, of course.)

Definitely drinking enough water. 

My sleep has been terrible the last couple of nights.  Going to bed at a decent time and all, and nothing really changed, but I just haven't been able to sleep well. 

Starchy vegetables are the thing I'm still just not clear on.  I've been eating sweet potatoes, plantains, and roasted root vegetables (beets, rutabaga, and sometimes carrots.)  Less of the starchy veggies than I do the non-starchy ones.  I was eating way too much sugar prior to starting, so I've been trying to watch carbs in general pretty carefully.  My main reason for doing the Whole30 was that I've gotten bad tree pollen allergies the last several years (since moving to this area -- it's not something that spontaneously developed) but getting back in control of sugar was a significant factor too. 

I'm not under any particular stress and my last period ended about a week ago. 

Understood. I wonder if it's worth experimenting with having carb-dense vegetables 1-2 times daily for the rest of your Whole30 to see if it helps your energy?

Having poor sleep the past few nights is likely a major factor. Do you have a bedtime ritual? No screens within an hour of bedtime? Relaxing in a epsom salt bath? Sleeping in a dark quiet room, no light sources, with a temperature that's comfortably cool?

Maggiedoll, I'm really sorry to hear you're in such a tough place. I don't have any advice to share from my whole 30. I had no physical symptoms except for hitting Naptown on days 5 and 6 and making calf eyes at anyone eating chocolate near me.

I know you said you were sick and tired of feeling sick and tired, but is it possible for you to recall when things *really* started sliding downhill? Being able to put together a timeline and what you were eating/feeling/doing might help narrow a few culprits. Even if you do decide to put aside your whole 30, I think it would wise for your own sake to understand what factors and circumstances led you to where you are now. If you don't, it will remain a mystery and you'll be powerless to avoid any future occurrences.

Anyways, hopefully you're already feeling better by the time you read this. I'm sending you good healing vibes and positive thoughts! I don't know if it it's much solace but based on the number of comments from your post, there are lots of whole 30ers that want to support you and crack this mystery.

Oh, so sorry to see you not feeling well! Is it possible that you're coming down with something or that your body is fighting something off?

You know, I actually found myself hoping I was getting sick, just so I'd have a good explanation, and an end in sight. 

Understood. I wonder if it's worth experimenting with having carb-dense vegetables 1-2 times daily for the rest of your Whole30 to see if it helps your energy?

Question.. what exactly does that mean?  I've been having some carb-dense vegetables, but maybe not enough?  I'll eat a decent amount of beets or rutabaga, but I've tried to keep servings of denser starches like sweet potato or plantain fairly small.  Usually about half a smallish sweet potato.  Today with breakfast I fried up about a third of a large plantain.  They're an addition, not something I'd use as a main vegetable in a meal.  Is that wrong?

Nothing has really changed about going to sleep, besides that I haven't really been reading in the evening just because I've had trouble concentrating.

I slept downstairs last night mostly because even though it's less comfortable, I figured I couldn't possibly sleep worse.  I actually did sleep better, and I think I'm feeling slightly better, although I'm still afraid that I just think that because I want to feel better. 

I know you said you were sick and tired of feeling sick and tired, but is it possible for you to recall when things *really* started sliding downhill? Being able to put together a timeline and what you were eating/feeling/doing might help narrow a few culprits. Even if you do decide to put aside your whole 30, I think it would wise for your own sake to understand what factors and circumstances led you to where you are now. If you don't, it will remain a mystery and you'll be powerless to avoid any future occurrences.

Earlier I figured it was all normal.  Then I started to feel slightly better, and I thought I was feeling good..  but that faded within a day or two.  I think it started while my mom was visiting last weekend, and I just assumed I was tired from that. 

----

I'm almost wondering if I've been too compliant.  Some evenings I've had some fruit and/or plain nuts after dinner, but for the most part I've really, really stuck to the template and maybe been more obsessive than I should have been about avoiding things that are technically compliant but maybe sketchy?  It seems like most people doing their first whole30 are allowing more leeway for things like fruit-and-nut-butter snacks.  I may be trying too hard to do things right and not listening to my body enough?  I've mostly just been assuming that if I stuck to the rules and the template, that would be enough; it's the things with leeway that confuse me, and those are probably the things I really need to be paying attention to.  I'm not so good at listening to my body, following rules and guidelines has seemed easier. 

If you are trying to tame a sugar dragon the fruit and nut butter snacks will not help at all.

A serving of starchy vegetables is a fist sized portion generally speaking. I personally find I sleep better and have more energy when I have mine in my 2nd and 3rd meal and not my 1st. As well as after an intense workout.

I really do think for you figuring out sleep is going to be your biggest win towards having more energy. Keep experimenting with the starchy vegetables and maybe try adding magnesium into your bedtime routine either with something like unflavored natural calm or a warm epson salt bath.

Do you think you can give us a few more days of your typical food intake? You really only gave us two meals which makes it hard to see trends. When you visited your mom were you able to stay completely compliant?

I'm almost wondering if I've been too compliant.  Some evenings I've had some fruit and/or plain nuts after dinner, but for the most part I've really, really stuck to the template and maybe been more obsessive than I should have been about avoiding things that are technically compliant but maybe sketchy?  It seems like most people doing their first whole30 are allowing more leeway for things like fruit-and-nut-butter snacks.  I may be trying too hard to do things right and not listening to my body enough?  I've mostly just been assuming that if I stuck to the rules and the template, that would be enough; it's the things with leeway that confuse me, and those are probably the things I really need to be paying attention to.  I'm not so good at listening to my body, following rules and guidelines has seemed easier. 

I see a flashing yellow light right here. One of the main goals of undertaking whole 30 is to realign your body's needs - to make you more in tune with with energy and appetite. As well as being able to dial into the things that makes us feel anything from brain fog to downright sick. You're not meant to ignore your body's feedback. Following the template and foods list is meant to facilitate the journey to better body awareness and health. It definitely isn't meant to make you feel miserable and exhausted (at least not continuously).

Listen to your body. If it's sending you genuine hunger signals or if you find yourself desperately craving something, don't ignore it and squash it down. Figure out what your body needs. Sugar kick? Try feeding it with protein + fat. Maybe you need to tweak your fat? Maybe slightly larger protein portions? Maybe dense, starchy carbs? Maybe certain foods represent a certain emotional comfort that you need (this is certainly the case with me). Whatever your body is trying to say - try to understand what's going on. This is a really important part of the whole 30 journey.

The meal template is meant to be a guide towards towards a healthier you. I have my fingers crossed that you can figure this all out. I know it can feel overwhelming at times but I'm rooting for you (and your cat)!

If you are trying to tame a sugar dragon the fruit and nut butter snacks will not help at all.

A serving of starchy vegetables is a fist sized portion generally speaking. I personally find I sleep better and have more energy when I have mine in my 2nd and 3rd meal and not my 1st. As well as after an intense workout.

I really do think for you figuring out sleep is going to be your biggest win towards having more energy. Keep experimenting with the starchy vegetables and maybe try adding magnesium into your bedtime routine either with something like unflavored natural calm or a warm epson salt bath.

Do you think you can give us a few more days of your typical food intake? You really only gave us two meals which makes it hard to see trends. When you visited your mom were you able to stay completely compliant?

I'm wondering if I'm trying too hard to tame my sugar dragon.  I may be becoming obsessive about it, and forgetting the difference between giving in to cravings and listening to my body.  Until the last few days, cravings weren't really that big an issue.  I have been trying to tame the sugar dragon, but the way I've been feeling is obviously not a sugar dragon.  I've been so busy trying to avoid anything that could be interpreted as any variation of SWYPO.  If I were doing it right, I would be feeling good, I certainly wouldn't be feeling terrible.  Maybe in the beginning, it made sense.  But this far in, there's no reasonable way to conclude that avoidance of possibly feeding the sugar dragon is worth feeling this bad. 

My mom visited me, I think I was even more careful than usual.  I'd have been embarrassed eating snacks when I wasn't supposed to, even if they were compliant.  She thought it was absurd that anything with dates could possibly be compliant.   I think I ate a bit less than I should have.   I was cooking for her, and she enjoyed it, but kept exclaiming about how it was a lot of food and how full she was, so I was feeling self-conscious.  (Besides the KIND bar she got when we went out to the little area health food store, everything she ate while she was here was compliant, too.  She did say that she was going to get ice cream after she left Monday afternoon.)

I run most days (not yesterday because I just couldn't make myself move) but I wouldn't really call it that intense.  I'm reaaallly new to running, I only started around the end of January because I was fostering a puppy who had way too much energy, then I kept doing it afterwards.  I still don't even run straight through, I just alternate with walking.  I rarely manage to get above an average speed of 5mph (according to my phone.)  Even so, runs have been distinctly harder since starting the Whole30, which I know is normal, but I am starting to feel like the "hard" is lasting too long.  Usually I'm tired in the beginning but once I'm going, I enjoy it.  Lately I've been just making myself keep going.  And I'm still lost about carbs post-run.  Where the heck does "skinny-fat" fall on a carbohydrate curve that goes from "overweight" to "extremely fit," and how do I know whether what I'm doing qualifies as "intense exercise"?  It feels pretty intense to me, but I'm distinctly not an athlete.

I will look for a magnesium supplement when I go out shopping.  I'm feeling slightly better today..  certainly no boundless energy or tiger blood, but enough to hang on (mostly out of embarrassment at the idea of quitting.)

Meals:

If a serving of starch is about fist sized, I think when I say "some" it means about half that. 

"Some" avocado usually means about 1/4. 

Most mornings I have decaf coffee with coconut milk.

I do the sauteeing  and frying with coconut oil or ghee.

This week's previous meals:

Tuesday, March 17:

B: Skillet-poached eggs (2) and leftover chicken with sauteed cabbage, kale, and peppers, topped with avocado. 

Pre-WO: Hard-boiled egg

Post-WO: leftover coconut curry chicken

L: 4 smallish chicken sausage patties, sauteed veggies (yellow squash, peppers, onions, cauliflower,) some sweet potato

D: Similar to lunch, plus some salad greens, olives, and onions. 

Wednesday, March 18:

B: Leftover beef, snow and snap peas, and red peppers,

L: 1.5 chicken thighs, sauteed yellow squash, snow and snap peas, fried plantains with coconut, some avocado. 

Snack: Red grapes and nuts (they were mixed nuts in the shells.)

D: Broccoli, some sweet potato, mixed stir-fry of leftovers, topped with avocado.  (I had bits main dish leftovers from several different days piling up in ramekins in my fridge, so I just tossed them all together.)

Thursday, March 19:

B: Two eggs, large-ish chicken sausage link, yellow squash, some sweet potato

Pre-WO: Hard boiled egg

Post-wo: chicken thigh and 1/2 small sweet potato

L: Chicken fajita salad (with avocado, of course)

D: Chicken fajita over veggies (broccoli, green beans, yellow squash,) chicken sausage (I think it was half of a large-ish link,) olives and avocado. 

Friday, March 20:

B: 2 eggs, 1 large-ish chicken sausage link, sauteed cabbage and peppers. 

Mini-meal (I still felt like I was starving after breakfast): chicken thigh, green beans, bit of sweet potato, a few olives and a bit of avocado. 

L: Spaghetti squash with chicken meat sauce, EVOO, bit of sweet potato, black olives. 

D: About the same as lunch

I see a flashing yellow light right here. One of the main goals of undertaking whole 30 is to realign your body's needs - to make you more in tune with with energy and appetite. As well as being able to dial into the things that makes us feel anything from brain fog to downright sick. You're not meant to ignore your body's feedback. Following the template and foods list is meant to facilitate the journey to better body awareness and health. It definitely isn't meant to make you feel miserable and exhausted (at least not continuously).

Listen to your body. If it's sending you genuine hunger signals or if you find yourself desperately craving something, don't ignore it and squash it down. Figure out what your body needs. Sugar kick? Try feeding it with protein + fat. Maybe you need to tweak your fat? Maybe slightly larger protein portions? Maybe dense, starchy carbs? Maybe certain foods represent a certain emotional comfort that you need (this is certainly the case with me). Whatever your body is trying to say - try to understand what's going on. This is a really important part of the whole 30 journey.

The meal template is meant to be a guide towards towards a healthier you. I have my fingers crossed that you can figure this all out. I know it can feel overwhelming at times but I'm rooting for you (and your cat)!

I still can't differentiate.  I feel like I should be trying to power through, starve the sugar dragon with protein and fat.  But it's obviously not working.  And people keep saying that increasing carbs would just be feeding the sugar dragon..  Which I still can't differentiate from telling me not to listen to my body when it complains that the protein and fat still aren't giving it what it needs.  How the heck am I supposed to know if that's my body or the sugar dragon telling me that?!  The whole concept seems like a mixed message: "Listen to your body.. except don't!"

Hey Maggiedoll, I totally understand your frustration with the mixed messages. You've been great about staying on track and being faithful to the meal template so it must feel like a betrayal to have this boomerang on you. It's one of the more difficult aspects to decipher during your whole 30: When is feedback good/genuine vs. negative/emotional trigger?

The second part of "Listen to your body" is figuring out what it's saying and then giving it what it needs. Because what it wants and what it needs may be two very different things. This is a tricky thing to sort out. I look at it this way: Sometimes my signals say "I want cake. Give me cake. CAKE!!!". It has the emotional and physical mindset of a 5-year-old in the throes of a full-on tantrum. "Give. Me. Cake." I understand what it's saying. It's shouting at me. But is cake really what it needs? It's telling me I want cake for lots of potential reasons, among them:

1. Feeling physically hungry + deprived

2. Boredeom

3. Food envy (at what other people are eating)

4. Stress

5. Cake. Nomnomnom. I love cake!

Once, I can drill down to *why* I can actually better understand my cake craving and resolve it. And the problems/answers/solutions are unique to each of us. It involves some trial and error. Maybe it's the sugar dragon, maybe it's stress. And on the rare occasion maybe you just give yourself cake. See reason #5. (post whole 30, of course).

Just taking a look at your past meals (which all sound delicious, by the way), do you think you're getting enough fat? You have avocado, EVOO and sausage in several meals so it looks like you're on track. But just a thought? Ditto for protein/veg portions. Are they on track? Or rather, maybe the track needs to be tweaked?

Hey Maggiedoll, I totally understand your frustration with the mixed messages. You've been great about staying on track and being faithful to the meal template so it must feel like a betrayal to have this boomerang on you. It's one of the more difficult aspects to decipher during your whole 30: When is feedback good/genuine vs. negative/emotional trigger?

The second part of "Listen to your body" is figuring out what it's saying and then giving it what it needs. Because what it wants and what it needs may be two very different things. This is a tricky thing to sort out. I look at it this way: Sometimes my signals say "I want cake. Give me cake. CAKE!!!". It has the emotional and physical mindset of a 5-year-old in the throes of a full-on tantrum. "Give. Me. Cake." I understand what it's saying. It's shouting at me. But is cake really what it needs? It's telling me I want cake for lots of potential reasons, among them:

1. Feeling physically hungry + deprived

2. Boredeom

3. Food envy (at what other people are eating)

4. Stress

5. Cake. Nomnomnom. I love cake!

Once, I can drill down to *why* I can actually better understand my cake craving and resolve it. And the problems/answers/solutions are unique to each of us. It involves some trial and error. Maybe it's the sugar dragon, maybe it's stress. And on the rare occasion maybe you just give yourself cake. See reason #5. (post whole 30, of course).

Just taking a look at your past meals (which all sound delicious, by the way), do you think you're getting enough fat? You have avocado, EVOO and sausage in several meals so it looks like you're on track. But just a thought? Ditto for protein/veg portions. Are they on track? Or rather, maybe the track needs to be tweaked?

Besides a bit in the beginning, or when I'm seeing and/or smelling things I can't have, cravings in general haven't been that bad.  But I have been having some trouble feeling unsatisfied after a meal.  Normally I'll get cranky and tired if I put off eating for too long, but then when I eat, I feel better.  Through a lot of my Whole30, I'm finding that I feel like that, but eating doesn't help.  I hoped my blood sugar would become more stable so that I wouldn't get cranky before meals, but not by making me feel that way all of the time!  I don't think there's a reasonable way to consider the cravings I was having yesterday to be sugar dragon related.  I wanted something else, because the things I've been eating haven't been working, despite being exactly what I'm supposed to be eating. 

I've avoided things that are supposed to feed the sugar dragon.  It hasn't worked.  There's absolutely, positively, no way I could continue worrying about sugar dragon drama.  I think what's left to do, besides outright quitting, is to stop worrying about whether something will feed the sugar dragon, and just stick to compliance.  I still have doubts that anything good will come out of it, but at least that way I'm not quitting.  Most people seem to consider that a successful Whole30 anyway, even as they say not to do it. 

I felt like this around day 21. I just did a super strict whole 30. No fruit, no white potatoes, no snacks, no almond milk lattes, no nuts. It took the full 30 days to feel like my cravings had subsided. Around day 21 I felt really cross that I was still thinking about chocolate every day. My sugar Dragon tried really really hard to get me to throw in the towel. I didn't. It was worth it.

No one is saying that more carbs will feed your sugar Dragon. Increasing your starchy veg intake can be very very helpful and is recommended. Avoiding snacks, fruit, nuts and nut butters works but you have to be strict and consistent. Just one handful of fruit and nut butter will get that Dragon roaring again.

Have faith and persevere. Sugar addiction is hard to beat.

• Administrators

Eating starchy veggies has nothing to do with sugar dragons. At no point do we ever recommend limiting starchy veggies like sweet potatoes etc as a method of killing off a sugar dragon.

Based on what I'm reading, you're trying to kill off a sugar dragon by limiting carbohydrates....which will contribute to all the feelings of lethargy, low mood, anxiety (I'm reading quite a bit of anxiety from your posts).

For the next 7 days I challenge you to eat one fist sized serving of a dense starchy carb with at least one meal per day. err on the side of a large fist, not a small one. Limiting carbohydrates is not neccessary. Eat.

What is the "Starve the sugar dragon with protein and fat" refrain supposed to mean?  Nobody has said "starve the sugar dragon by eating sweet potatoes and plantains."  All I'd seen up till now was drilling in the protein and fat, with vague, nebulous mentions of starches, utterly devoid of useful details.  Which was has been uninformative for somebody who seems to not even appear on the carbohydrate curve. 

...And apparently I'm still very cranky!

• Administrators

What is the "Starve the sugar dragon with protein and fat" refrain supposed to mean?  Nobody has said "starve the sugar dragon by eating sweet potatoes and plantains."  All I'd seen up till now was drilling in the protein and fat, with vague, nebulous mentions of starches, utterly devoid of useful details.  Which was has been uninformative for somebody who seems to not even appear on the carbohydrate curve. 

...And apparently I'm still very cranky!

I am so sorry! The "containing protein and fat but ideally also veggies" is basically to stop folks from "snacking" on fruits, dried fruits, nuts and nut butters. There is enough sugar and hand-to-mouth action in those items that it will feed the sugar dragon outright....especially since people turn to those particular foods when they are wishing for dessert or cupcakes or what have you.

I know you're cranky and not feeling well, especially if you've gone too low carb and manhandled yourself into "dealing" with it in order to be compliant.

Eating starchy veggies with your meals is not the same as feeding a sugar dragon a bag of dried mangos. Eating starchy veggies with your meals in a quantity that suits your context (you'll figure this out with experimentation but for now, go higher than you think you need) has nothing to do with sugar dragons.

More to the point, relating to sugar dragons, I have a huge, fire breathing one. I cut out fruit in January to attempt to eliminate it (not a Whole30 dictate, just a personal choice) and while that helped, the thing that helped the absolute most, to the point where I have a Sugar Kitten now, was to include at least one serving of Japanese sweet potato a day. More during my period and the week leading up.

Please go roast some sweet potatoes. Eat them. Daily. I really think you'll start to calm, level your mood and feel better.

xoxo

But you are limiting starchy veg with your meals. You are being told to eat starchy veg with your meals. If you have a raging sugar craving between meals then yes protein and fat eg a hard boiled egg with mayo is arguably a better choice at that point than a plate of sweet potato or a plantain. But if you start eating adequate meals with adequate proportions of everything including starchy veg then you will be better nourished and this will become a moot point.

Maggiedoll, I went into this part of the forum to post almost the exact same feelings you are expressing. I don't have any advice, I keep reading all the same things folks here are telling you - add more starchy, carby veggies! I'm doing a Couch to 5k run app and feel like I can barely get enough energy to run for the few minutes it wants from me. I'm on Day 21 and feel the same way you do - just frustrated and tired and cranky. (I sleep through the night but have crazy vivid dreams that linger with me when I wake up). 

We only have a week left! We've come this far, and I've seen comments from some people who just don't see all the raging changes right away. I think I got caught up in the testimonials when I started (Tiger blood! 20lbs lighter! Allergies cured!) and thought that happens for everyone, but it doesn't. But I tell myself I am eating so healthy, and that has to be worth more than anything. I may not feel so hugely different, but in my head I know I'm doing the right thing for my body. 

Anyways, I just wanted to send some sympathy your way and encourage you not to give up. And to congratulate you for making it this far! 

• Moderators

Maggiedoll,

you ARE an athlete. You may be a "beginning" athlete, but if you run you are an athlete! You may not need a post workout meal after short, easy runs (I usually skip it after short easy runs) but it all depends how hard you work. I err on the side of eating a post WO meal if I am in doubt.

And I will chime in with the "eat more sweet potatoes, beets, rutabaga, winter squash with your meals" crowd. No need to restrict carbs if you are working out even a little. I try to eat them especially at Meal 3, and usually Meal 2 as well. I try to go with green veggies at Meal 1. Obviously, as you've been doing, eat other non-starchy veggies as well and lots of variety.

You can do this!

Okay, increasing the starchy veggies.  (I'm still not completely sure that I was getting that little, though.  I was limiting them, but I was eating some sweet potato or plantain with most meals, and I wasn't limiting less-dense starches like beets, rutabaga, and winter squash.)

Got a magnesium supplement while I was out shopping yesterday.  It's just the basic Nature Made one, which was all I could find, but I don't see anything specifically forbidden in the ingredients. 

But I'm also not worrying about sugar dragons anymore.  The fact that I was eating too much sugar and drinking too much and felt like I needed to change my habits were considerations in starting the Whole30, but it was the seasonal allergy thing that was really the deciding factor.  (And really, it's pretty crazy to actually feel worse than when I was eating a lot of things that I knew were unhealthy.  Even if this weren't working at all, I should still feel better just from cutting out the junk.)  I'll keep doing template meals and stay compliant, but I just can't keep worrying about the grey area stuff, especially since it seems like people who are eating the iffy stuff that I've avoided are doing so much better than I am. 

I am feeling better today.  I don't think it's Tiger Blood better, but I'm not feeling so totally awful. 

Archived