Trying to figure out what life after whole30 will be

Beyondthis

I'm a little late to the thread, but I was reading through and saw it.

I have many autoimmune diseases and kind of have to eat this way, so my situation is a little different than yours, but if my hubby (who also bailed on Day 10 of a whole30) wanted pasta three times a week, I'd say "Go ahead!" He thinks whole30 is just "too hard" but we do eat dinner together that's always compliant.

I guess it seems mean, or feminist, but I am not cooking two separate meals. If you want something that I am not able to have, then you can make it yourself!

I assume you are done with your whole30, and I hope you are still on track!

My husband is skinny as a rail no matter what he eats (for now) but overall he's been more than happy to eat what I cook on Whole30 or otherwise (we did the first round of Whole30 together, and the second round now he is not eating Whole30 with me but is abstaining from alcohol for the month because solidarity)… it works best for us if I eat what I eat and cook what I cook and then make sure to keep some flour tortillas, shredded cheese, pickles, canned soups, lunch meats etc on hand for him. He's a chef by occupation so he's a big boy, if he wants something elaborate he can make it himself and doesn't have any problem doing so. But most of the time he eats a Whole30 dinner with me and then makes a sandwich four hours later after I fall asleep. :)

Either way, preparing two whole separate meals shouldn't be necessary. I've found lots of ways to prepare the same meal (i.e. burgers, sweet potato fries, roasted veggies) and then make one modification (leave off the bun) to make it Paleo/Whole30 for myself. Modifications are key.

Archived