Day 14 - so far body looks and feels the same

Looks like Whole 30 here I come again! I'm on Day 26 today and the only time I am ever hungry is at 5 am in the morning when I wake up! I was so full 5 hours after lunch ( salad w 3 oz chicken 1 HB egg, 10 nuts and quarter avacado)yesterday that I really wanted to skip dinner! I forced myself to eat another salad w chicken, nuts, and avacado. Then I followed it with strawberries. I feel like that is what is keeping me from losing any weight. I don't want to skip a meal, but it seems wrong to eat when when you're not hungry!!

Lose the nuts & replace them with more veg.

If you're having 1/2 an avocado with y our meal you shouldn't need them & they are well known for causing digestive issues which could lead to bloating, which could be why your clothes won't feel any different....

Lose the nuts & replace them with more veg.

If you're having 1/2 an avocado with y our meal you shouldn't need them & they are well known for causing digestive issues which could lead to bloating, which could be why your clothes won't feel any different....

(More wisdom from another member from Ireland)

theheywhohaa

Advanced Member

•  
  • Members
  • bullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.png
  • 139 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 12:48 AM

Whole 30 is a very good way to deal with food issues, its not necessarily a weight loss program though. Lots of people lose weight as a side effect, but its true benefits are in improved sleep, general health, and energy stabilization, not a better BMI. You are afraid because you probably have a few addictions to certain foods, and while this program can help you break the physical addiction, you will have to work on the mental side every day. At 17, you are still very young and your food habits are not ingrained yet. You can change your own future, but don't do it to lose weight (I see from your avatar photo that it isn't necessary anyway), do it to have a better relationship to food and a better understanding of your body. Whole 30 is paleo (though paleo isn't necessarily whole 30 if you get what I mean), its very strict paleo for 30 days with some helpful rules to give you structure. All those paleo treats you see on Pinterest.... well that stuff is often not even really paleo (sugar isn't paleo and its in a million of those recipes). Real world situations like parties are also a good testing ground for riding your own bike. Yes, you can occasionally have cake or ice cream or pizza, but you have to make peace with the possible effects you'll feel and you have to deal with saying no to foods that push your 'MORE' button.

Please read the book It Starts With Food before you commit to a whole 30. There is a lot of useful information in there and many better reasons to commit to a w30 than weight loss.

Good luck and well done for caring about yourself enough to consider a big change.

Archived