beachchica

Next official Whole30?

Planning to start April 1.  I'm a Newbie so I'm not sure what "official" one means or how a "non-official" one on April 1 might mean...

The Whole30 group (Hartwigs et al) generally run a site-wide Whole30 a couple of times per year.  That's all.  Ultimately there is no real difference in doing one now vs doing one later.  :)

Yes, what Ladyshanny said. But personally I do like doing one during the site-wide official one because I feel like there is a ton of interest, which means a lot of information flowing forth from the site. Yes, you can find a lot of this information at any time, but it does take more digging and a bit more effort, in my opinion. How timing affects a successful Whole30 is something I'm sure the Hartwigs could write an entire book on. 

If you don't do it this month, you'll be one month older when you do.  Today is a gift.  Jump on in, the water is fine.  swim2.gif

When you start with a large group, there are more questions to be answered.  Start searching the backroads of the forum for anything that comes to mind.  You'll find your answers.  You won't forget them when you have to seek for buried treasures and golden nuggets of truth.  87.gif

start_today_motivational_poster-r1eb7b91

I decided to start my whole 30 today April 24th.....Technically one month before the Ottawa Marathon. I am use to eating well but this will be a step up on the scale need to maximize so I get a great performance in my run...crossing my fingers! Any one else on board?

I decided to start my whole 30 today April 24th.....Technically one month before the Ottawa Marathon. I am use to eating well but this will be a step up on the scale need to maximize so I get a great performance in my run...crossing my fingers! Any one else on board?

Hey Sporty, just a head's up that you may experience a decrease in performance in the first couple of weeks while your body converts from sugar as fuel to being a fat burner.  Check out our Whole30 for Athletes portion of the forum for lots of discussion around this!  Happily, most people's performance levels out and then improves after the initial transition.

I just joined this forum. I will be starting on Monday, June 8. Getting my meal plan and groceries this weekend. I look forward to your support and insight. tks

Hi! I am currently on week 3 of my first Whole30 and I would love to continue on next month! Seeing amazing resluts and feeling good! I have a conference in July but I plan on taking good food with me while staying at the Hotel. Luv left-overs and I will be packing plenty! So glad to be doing this now and look forward to another Whole30 day month! :)

Did you guys see that in the latest Wholesome (June 11) there was mention of an official Whole30?

I'm pumped for the official one next month. I'll be fresh back from a week of travel and ready to rock and roll. First hurdle: Fourth of July barbeque. I just promised the host that I'll be bringing dessert. Guess I just won't be eating whatever fabulous concoction I roll out. :)