Starting March 30th (first whole30)

emalt

Hey there!

I'm starting my first Whole30 March 30th. I have Hashimoto's and have eaten a paleo diet before, but I've strayed from it since I stopped dancing ballet professionally and became a little "freer" with my life.

I don't eat gluten still and avoid sugar, but I am looking forward to the positive changes that will come with this challenge. For me my goals are to get control over some not so great eating habits and cravings--mainly sweets (paleo mug cakes, chia puddings, still healthy but in moderation) and snacking in the evening. This is more about the emotional journey than anything else--not looking to food for support or as a "reward" of sorts. Wish me luck!

I don't know if you checked out The Paleo Mom. She was just diagnosed with Hashimoto's and has lots of info about AIP for dealing with it. You might want to check out The Clothes Make The Girl. She also has thyroid issues and a lot of her recipes can be made to the autoimmune protocol. Good Luck!

1511657_10152892037479490_22114306394088 Posted by Johnny M on 04 January 2013 - 10:29 AM

"Paleo is sort of a loose term that is interpreted differently by many people. Many of the core principles are similar, that foods we've introduced in recent centuries have been deleterious to our health. The whole30 is a specific set of rules around food (and a very intuitive set I find) to help you do more than define what you eat but help you understand your relationship with food and how various foods effect you. "

Follow the Yellow Brick Road, the Whole 30 Template and you'll find your reward at the end of the rainbow...on Day 30. 

LESSONS-LEARNED-WHOLE30.jpg

I did the whole 30 in February and have been so much more energetic because of it. a friend I met recently told me about it and I am grateful. now I find it more difficult to be on this plan. maybe because I have upped my exercise more I can be just so hungry by the time I eat. ( we are on vacation and among many friends and acquaintances, and lots of temptation! I look forward to getting home after Easter!I love the way I feel, and don't know how much I weigh now.

I don't know if you checked out The Paleo Mom. She was just diagnosed with Hashimoto's and has lots of info about AIP for dealing with it. You might want to check out The Clothes Make The Girl. She also has thyroid issues and a lot of her recipes can be made to the autoimmune protocol. Good Luck!

Yes! Huge Paleo Mom fan. She's amazing

Archived