Trusting my body...

EmilyK

It is wonderfully freeing and a little weird to have reached a point where I can trust and respond to my body's signals.  I'm currently on my period and despite eating 3 eggs scrambled with pulled pork and mushrooms/spinach/peppers/tomatoes about 3 hours ago, I'm hungry again. 

I love that this is okay with me--that my body can say hey, feed me!  And I can happily say, sure, let's have some sweet potatoes.  :)

This is so foreign and so wonderful.

It really is.  I was caught off guard yesterday and today I made sure to bring two "lunches" to work and I really am glad I did.  I love not having to be in an adversarial position with my body and my hunger--before I did the whole30, it always felt like I was fighting my body because it didn't know what it needed.  But it does, and sometimes that's an extra meal and that's okay.

LOVE IT.  :-D

This is one of the best parts of a Whole 30.  You get hungry - you eat!  

Not being told that you need to starve yourself in order to be healthy.  That one never really sat well with me but I believed it as I didn't know any other way.

It's so absolutely FREEING!

I am thrilled that you found this.

It's kind of making me feel like a hobbit, though--I've had breakfast, second breakfast, and elevenses so far.  I'm looking forward to luncheon and afternoon tea here in a bit.  Plus dinner tonight!  ;)

• Administrators

It's kind of making me feel like a hobbit, though--I've had breakfast, second breakfast, and elevenses so far.  I'm looking forward to luncheon and afternoon tea here in a bit.  Plus dinner tonight!  ;)

If a man was eating several meals in a day he wouldn't be blinked at.  Because we are women, we've been taught that we don't need/desire/deserve to eat.  And for heaven's sake, don't eat MORE.

One of my favourite parts of the Whole30 movement is relearning that as women we are dynamic individuals who deserve to eat and be nourished in whatever way they need at that moment. Plus, we actually do something that men don't do and that "thing" that we do every month that is in an effort to keep the species alive, takes energy and rest and food. We're taught to take a pill so we don't feel it, be quiet about it and carry on with every single chore/task that we have going and PS, stop with the emotions. We're mocked for "cravings" which are really just our bodies begging for food to support a fundamental process.  It's bullsh*t.

You eat.  All the meals that you need.  What I think people often miss is that maybe you are eating a truckload more than you would for a couple of days but during the month there will be days when you won't be as hungry because of whatever is happening physiologically and you'll listen to your body just as well then as you are now.  It all balances out.  Balance.

Archived