Hale and Hearty Soups?

Cynthia225

• 1 year later...
  • Moderators
46 minutes ago, WZRDREAMS said:

I am looking at the current soup menu in my city and it looks like the Ten Vegetable and The Domincan Sancocho are complaint.

The Ten Vegetable contains green peas, which are legumes, so that's not compliant, and the Sancocho has corn which is not compliant. We don't have these where I am, so that's based on what I saw at the link you posted.

I make my own soups which are way better than store bought and I freeze them in jars.  You can take them out for lunch in the morning and no need to refrigerate, heat up at lunch time or for supper. If you make them yourself then you know for sure they'll be compliant!

20 hours ago, ShannonM816 said:

The Ten Vegetable contains green peas, which are legumes, so that's not compliant, and the Sancocho has corn which is not compliant. We don't have these where I am, so that's based on what I saw at the link you posted.

Oops! your right about the peas... I misread that ant thought it was green beans, which is OK, and I totall missed seeing corn in the sancocho list of ingredients. It's a good thing I opted for a salad yesterday anyway!

18 hours ago, kruddock said:

I make my own soups which are way better than store bought and I freeze them in jars.  You can take them out for lunch in the morning and no need to refrigerate, heat up at lunch time or for supper. If you make them yourself then you know for sure they'll be compliant!

That's awesome! I wish I cared enough about soup to bother making my own. Do you have a favorite recipe?

• Administrators
10 minutes ago, WZRDREAMS said:

That's awesome! I wish I cared enough about soup to bother making my own. Do you have a favorite recipe?

I have never liked soup. Until as a busy, tired, starving human with ingredients, I realized how insanely simple they were to make. And if you top that sucker with some avocado, it's an excellent meal. 

My favourite "stewp" to make is a chop, chop, dump, dump, saute, simmer, DONE recipe. Saute diced onions, garlic and celery. Add chicken thighs or ground beef and brown. Add chopped carrots, chopped red potato (the red potato is what makes the soup a bit thick and starchy), and whatever veggies you have (green beans, bag of kale/spinach, brocoli etc) canned diced tomatoes, a can of tomato paste, a bunch of spices (poultry seasoning, parsley, garlic, thyme etc) and then just enough broth to cover the ingredients. Simmer gently for 90-ish minutes adding a bit of broth if you need it and you have a gorgeous stewy soup. It might change the way you feel about soup like it did for me! :) 

1 hour ago, WZRDREAMS said:

Definitely something I enjoy when its cold out, not so much in the summer.  My favorite recipe is:

https://ultimatepaleoguide.com/recipe/cream-cauliflower-chicken-soup/

I add in cubed chicken & sautéed mushrooms after the soup is blended.  You can also sub in different veggies. I have also added some left over cooked broccoli that I had on hand before I blended it. Its very hearty, yummy and it freezes very well.

Archived