My Whole30 in Haikus

noelgreen

Day 22...

Most people don't realize how foggy and run down they are because of what they're putting in their bodies. The thing I keep saying about the Whole30 is that it's "eye opening." If you're considering doing it then I can't say enough to jump on board and give it a try! You will not be sorry!

i-PqNMRRc-M.jpg

Day 29...

i-zmzp5Wj-M.jpg

One day left and I think the biggest eye opening, "No Duh!" thing for me has been this idea of eating real food — whole foods — to be healthy. The weight loss will come. The energy will come. All of that happens if you just eat real food. Simple. Other "weight loss programs" that have you count calories or food or measure and weigh (food AND yourself) constantly may work for what they're intended to work — weight loss — but they're not sustainable in the long run and really don't lend to becoming a more healthy person. Not really! The Whole30 does. It resets you. It makes you see food differently and live life more fully. It's a "diet" for sure (i.e. a way of eating) but this is more than a weight loss program... this is a life changing program! A kickstart to a healthy, fit, and full life!

Day 30...

i-jWK6S9D-M.jpg

Today is day 30 of my 1st round of Whole30 and here are my [visual] results. I wish I'd taken a "profile" photo too, but this shows a lot! I'm dedicating this to my wife — who didn't take a photo at first but has had just as great if not greater success — and to all the others out there (mostly women) who post their progress pictures for others inspiration! Thank you!

I praise God for the success I've had and say a great big, "THANK YOU!" to Dallas & Melissa for all the time, energy, sweat, tears, or whatever else they had to go through to get this idea/program "out there!"

I didn't weigh just before nor am I weighing now. I'm not going to let number on a scale dictate how I feel about myself and I feel GREAT! I will say that at my heaviest in life I was over 320 lbs. That was over 10 years ago, however, and I've hovered around 190 or 200 for years. I'm certain I'm under 190 now because of how my clothes fit, etc... but regardless it's how I feel that really matters... and I feel FANTASTIC!

What's next for me? I'm sure I'll do another round of Whole30 proper sooner or later but for now I'm going to remain on a predominantly paleo diet — literally all paleo as far as I can choose except a bagel on Saturday morning as per our family tradition. I'm also continuing my morning exercise and bo staff training and most of all I'm simply looking forward to this being the BEGINNING of a new, healthier, fit lifestyle that will, Lord willing, last me for the remainder of my life.

If you're considering a weight loss plan I highly suggest considering a lifestyle change instead. Losing weight is possible... like I said, I've done that... but I feel better now than I have in any recent or distant memory. I can't say enough good about Whole30: if you're looking for something to change your life, you just found it.

i-24pdL5r-M.jpg

Archived