egg free breakfast menus

DebraDaisy

• Moderators

Google Whole30 no egg breakfast for lots of past discussions.

It will probably be helpful to stop thinking of breakfast as a meal that has to be certain kinds of food -- any food that is good for any other meal is great for your first meal of the day too. Leftovers are easy. You can make up some soup (this one is good) and add protein, either mixed into the soup or on the side, and depending on your serving size you may need to add extra veggies as well. 

I don't do it much any more, but when I was in elementary school I loved leftovers for breakfast - my favorite was leftover chicken drummies from the previous dinner. You could always cook up some sort of hash, potatoes, onions, ground meat of your choice, and some more veg. You said you don't have a lot of time, so you could do the veggie cutting/meat cooking prep work the night before. Potatoes will cook up pretty quick if you cut them small enough. Oh, and lots of spices too :)

Egg free hash. Take whatever combination of leftover meat and veg that you have in the fridge and toss it in the skillet with some compliant fat. Boom--breakfast served in about 5 minutes plus however long it took your skillet to get hot.

Hi there

I am AIP and do the following breakfasts

• smoked salmon with salad - takes no time if all your salad is pre-prepared
  • baked fish with olives / mushroom / asparagus / topped with parma ham - with salad - takes about 20 mins in the oven (I use frozen fish - fresh could be done in 15 mins)
  • liver with salad - liver takes only a couple of minutes to fry
  • field mushrooms stuffed with meat - I like parma ham and bake these in the oven for @ 15 mins
  • today I had mushroom & kidney stir fry with herbs with salad leaves and it took about 4 minutes
  • left overs - if there are any !!!
  • the other morning I cooked up minced turkey and veg while I was doing a few other things and got 4 meals out of it - it only took about 12-15 mins (I had the veg / herbs and spices prepared the night before)

I am a mum of 3 and work full time so breakfast has to be quick and hassle free - all of the above work for me

If I am baking something in the oven - I put it in before I get dressed, then get dressed and it is ready when I get back to the kitchen

Happy breakfasting !!!  :)

Zoe 

I had turkey meatballs/patties this week. All kinds of meatballs are nice and can be pre-prepared and even be eaten cold if you're in a rush. I had them with frozen spinach cooked in the microwave, a bit of avocado, some berries. Yum!

(I like the sound of your mushroom and kidney stir fry, Zoe! I can already eat liver but need to branch out into kidneys.)

Hi Ytu

I have only just started on kidneys (bad school day memories) 

Think the key is not over cooking them (I dont mind a bit of pink meat)

Today I had lambs kidney - they are small and tender

Zoe

• 4 weeks later...

Google Whole30 no egg breakfast for lots of past discussions.

It will probably be helpful to stop thinking of breakfast as a meal that has to be certain kinds of food -- any food that is good for any other meal is great for your first meal of the day too. Leftovers are easy. You can make up some soup (this one is good) and add protein, either mixed into the soup or on the side, and depending on your serving size you may need to add extra veggies as well. 

Yes. This is one of the most-discussed topics on the forums.

• 2 weeks later...

Can someone please help find the link to a blog written on here about thinking of breakfasts not just as "eggs"? I believe there was one written by Melissa a while back.

Many thanks.

Archived