what to do when I don't want to finish a meal?

I made a good dinner of cauliflower rice cooked in coconut oil with onions bell peppers and green beans, a grilled chicken breast and some steamed zucchini on the side. About halfway through, I just could not eat another bite. Full full full. This has happened a couple of times, tonight and once before at breakfast. The first time I just packed it up and ate it later in the morning. But tonight I just don't want any more, plus if I eat a couple hours later, it'll be too close to bed.

So what's the best plan? :/

• Administrators

Definitely if you are finding yourself not finishing meals more often than not, you probably need to coach/train yourself into eating proper portions by packing up and taking with you.  As far as tonight's dinner, you don't have to eat the whole thing, no.  Eating slightly less at night (to me) isn't as big a deal as eating too little in the morning.

Would you have been better able to finish it if you'd had some sort of flavourful sauce on the side or maybe drenched the chicken in a simmer sauce? I find that I am "full" a lot quicker when the meal is a bit bland or uninteresting.  Fat (besides just what you cooked with) is also a big help in the "interesting" department and is needed in all your meals.

Still trying to wrap my head around eating more fat is okay, after a life time of feeling guilty for craving it. Dinner WAS a bit boring, plus I don't like the taste of chicken after it's been microwaved, even if it was originally grilled.

• Administrators

Still trying to wrap my head around eating more fat is okay, after a life time of feeling guilty for craving it. Dinner WAS a bit boring, plus I don't like the taste of chicken after it's been microwaved, even if it was originally grilled.

Oh, ya, no...microwaved chicken is rubbery and leaves a lot to be desired! Try slicing it up next time and throwing it in a saute pan with some fat. Then, make some Sunshine Sauce (google it, Clothes Make The Girl) and once the chicken is hot, toss it in some sauce and serve it over your cauli rice (in a seperate fry pan you can add some cinnamon and cumin and some compliant dried cranberries or some canned pineapple to your cauli rice and saute it all together for a really flavourful dish). No reason to eat dull food. Green beans can be dressed up with some sliced almonds or steamed and then drizzled with some sesame oil and some toasted sesame seeds.

Archived