Starting Over After 14 Days

kbook

Well, after 14 days it looks like I get to start my whole 30 over tomorrow. They brought my roast beef out with a side of veggies covered in cheese sauce. I was debating asking for new veggies when I realized the beef I was chowing down on was covered in brown gravy. BROWN GRAVY, y'all. I don't even like brown gravy. Worst Whole 30 cheat ever. So I came home and had a cookie.

I'm actually kind of excited to start over.  It's like buying a brand new clean notebook.  I jumped in immediately without reading too much about the program and have had a few "oops" moments already.  For example, the olives we were eating the first week from the grocery store deli were in canola oil.  We didn't think to ask about that, but we let it slide once we found out.  Still it had been bothering me.  One day we were out (the only other time actually that we ate out) in Melbourne and I ended up eating the filling of a sandwich and it had mayo on it.  At the time I just wasn't going to throw the whole month over that because it was the best I could do, but still it bugged me.  Now that I know more about the program I'm hopeful to complete a no-oops Whole 30.  

​So clean slate!  Who has done something similar?  Does the second go feel like forever?  Is the "timeline" going to look the same for me?  

I am so sorry that you have to start over but I am glad you have a great attitude about it. I think for me the biggest thing I learned from the whole30 is how much junk is in the food we eat. It really makes you think about your choices. Since I eat this way most of the time extending a whole30 to a whole45 is no big deal. Just keep going. Good Luck!

• 4 weeks later...

I find myself having to start over after a week with my boyfriend's family and I thought the same thing.  There were so many small gray areas that I had let pass and now I have a chance to do it properly.  With the added advantage of probably not feeling like I'm going to pass out on Day 6.  I'd almost suggest to people that they do a 15 day trial run and then start over, except that it would scare too many people off!

• Moderators

Yes, great attitude! Most of us have been "gotten" by something and had to start over (or even post Whole30 just felt duped). It could be forgetting to read a label, reading a label but then somehow grabbing the wrong thing off the shelf, having a spouse or family member grab the wrong item or serve us food with a non-compliant ingredient ... it happens. But the fact that you deserve a full 30 days of clean eating remains.

You can do this!

Archived