Order of Reintroduction

katywatts

Does it matter the order of the food groups for reintroduction?  As long as you do one on one day, go back to Whole30 on the second and third day, and then reintroduce another group on the fourth day?

Also, is there an amount recommendation? Is there maybe too little of a reintroduction food group you could eat that would not cause a reaction or too much that would cause a terrible reaction?

• Administrators

The order of reintro in the book is just a suggestion, you are free to reintro as you see fit, leaving a few days in between.

As far as quantities, it really depends.  I would probably reintro an average quantity that I could see myself eating.  For instance if the ONLY dairy I was ever going to consume was in my coffee, I would probably have a few cups of coffee with cream in them and see how it goes.  Eating an absurd amount of anything whether you have a negative reaction to it or not isn't the best idea in general so I would think you could stick with reasonable portions of whatever it is.  ;)

Your reactions will be unique to you, you could be fine with peanut butter but have a horrid reaction to even a single black bean.  This is an experiment where you are the scientist and the medium!  :)

• 1 month later...

I have a re-introduction question. I am on day 23 of my first Whole 30. I do plan to stay close to the Whole 30 guidelines for an extended period of time (keeping in mind in an interview with Melissa, she stated 66 days is the ideal for making a habit) but I want to re-introduce Vegan Shakeology as a breakfast option. Can you tell me which food group this would fall into? Would it actually be considered a protein? I know it will be a sugar reintroduction as one serving contains 8 gm sugar (although I believe some of that is from fruit sources). If reintroducing it causes the sugar dragon to rear his ugly head, I will re-evaluate my plan. Thank you in advance! 

I have a re-introduction question. I am on day 23 of my first Whole 30. I do plan to stay close to the Whole 30 guidelines for an extended period of time (keeping in mind in an interview with Melissa, she stated 66 days is the ideal for making a habit) but I want to re-introduce Vegan Shakeology as a breakfast option. Can you tell me which food group this would fall into? Would it actually be considered a protein? I know it will be a sugar reintroduction as one serving contains 8 gm sugar (although I believe some of that is from fruit sources). If reintroducing it causes the sugar dragon to rear his ugly head, I will re-evaluate my plan. Thank you in advance! 

I just took a quick look at the ingredients online.  Based on my glance, it looks like it contains brown rice and various sweeteners.

This isn't an ideal thing to reintroduce first because it contains both a non-gluten grain and sweeteners (if you reacted in some way, you wouldn't know if the rice or sweeteners were the culprit).  You'd want to at least reintroduce non-gluten grains to see if/how they affect you, wait a couple days, and then reintroduce something like this.

Does that make sense?

Hi Chris-

Thank you for your response. What you said makes perfect sense. I will follow the re-introduction protocol as outlined in the Whole 30 book and add my Vegan Shakeology in after I have re-introduced non-gluten grains and see how it goes!

Thanks again!

Archived