Starting April 6th

Ajamay

Hi, I started my third W30 yesterday. I did one last summer and another last fall and both were wonderful experiences. I'm excited to stop the sugar cravings again, get some amazing sleep, clear up my skin... my only concern this time around is my husband has decided to join me this time. He's not great at planning his meals out or doing the research to understand the program (I keep getting questions like "can I have egg whites?"), but I cannot worry about him. I'm trying to be supportive. We'll see :)

I hope everyone here has a great 30 days! I'm excited to be on this journey (wild ride?) with you all!

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi everyone. 

KayKay - That´s encouraging to read. Had to smile about your hubby. Sounds like you´re going to have fun. 

Mhenderson - I´ve done ok and I´m glad to be started. I´ve felt a little weird today but not too bad. 

Crisbryan. - It will be interesting to see how you do with that inflamation. 

Everyone - The day is just about over for me here in Europe. I hope the day is going well for everyone and see you tomorrow. 

xx

Hi, I'm Bati.

Just heard of this today and really want to try it.. never did anything like this (I am very active, I dance, but am not the healthiest eater..I would like to change that)

Will go shopping tomorrow and find recipes that work for me.. hopefully will start in the next few days :)

Hi, I started my third W30 yesterday. I did one last summer and another last fall and both were wonderful experiences. I'm excited to stop the sugar cravings again, get some amazing sleep, clear up my skin... my only concern this time around is my husband has decided to join me this time. He's not great at planning his meals out or doing the research to understand the program (I keep getting questions like "can I have egg whites?"), but I cannot worry about him. I'm trying to be supportive. We'll see :)

I hope everyone here has a great 30 days! I'm excited to be on this journey (wild ride?) with you all!

The biggest triumph of my first W30 was convincing my husband for the first time in his adult life that eating the "whole egg" is OK!!!  You should have seen his sister physically shudder when he told her he was eating whole eggs.  Fat phobia is deeply engrained in the American psyche.

The biggest triumph of my first W30 was convincing my husband for the first time in his adult life that eating the "whole egg" is OK!!!  You should have seen his sister physically shudder when he told her he was eating whole eggs.  Fat phobia is deeply engrained in the American psyche.

Absolutely! (except we're Canadian LOL)  Although there is no fat phobia in this house ;) We just happened to have egg whites in the fridge.

Ok, finished Day 2 without stabbing anyone and actually feel OK....I have been very nervous about the stuff people talk about with tiredness....so far nothing and I ran this morning too....

Worried about carbs and not being able to run?

Suggestions???

hey everyone, I'm just starting my Day 3 - guess the time difference means I'm first today??!

Still feeling very tired, almost like I'm coming down with something.  Maybe the tiredness is where you're coming from.  I know that this is probably my body just finally resting after a long bout of stressful work, crap eating etc so I figure this is the first chance I've had to rest properly.

In terms of carbs, I think if you are finding you are still hungry after running you can have a sweet potato.  I think if you are really active you might want to include more of this kind of thing - starchy veg - to up your carb intake.  Although maybe more experienced person can correct me on this as I'm a newbie!!

I'm rather proud of myself eating sausages (home made) cauliflower mash and veg this morning - a true M1  ;)

I'm right behind you mhenderson. ( although I should be a little in front. ;) )

I'm feeling pretty good today although the slight headache is still there. I actually feel "slim" or should I say I don't feel bloated. Hardly surprising as I too spent last week eating lots of carbs and sugar so giving my body a rest is bound to make it feel better.

There are recomendations for pre and post workout on the meal planning mmf.

Protein and fat pre workout and carb dense veg and easy digestible protein post work out. ( something like that. ) I haven't taken a lot of notice of that bit to be honest. I admit to being a little lazy in that aspect of exercise and prefer walking and Qi Gong. :rolleyes:

Have a good day everyone.

xx

This morning I had an egg scramble with veggies and a cup of coffee for breakfast. I had to go into work early, so up at 2AM and in at 3, I ate breakfast at 5, usually I eat at 7. Not sure how these early call ins are going to affect my meal planning.

I feel good today, well rested. One thing I do notice is I have a feeling of fullness/heaviness in my stomach. Does not feel like my digestive system is working at normal regularity. I have some digestive enzymes I will start taking and ordered some probiotics as well. I guess I will eat some sauerkraut with my evening meal to try to help things move along. Has anyone else experienced this? My wife is doing fine and does not seem to have any digestive issues.

Hope everyone has a great day! 

DAY 2: Just started this yesterday. I've been trying to change my diet many different ways but nothing seems to be working and my metabolism seems to have stalled out completely.  I was feeling pretty down over the weekend, and my nutritional response testing on Monday had fallen apart. All of the big changes I've made over the last 8 months just wasn't cutting it.  So I decided I had to step it up even more. I heard this quote recently that I feel fits where I am currently.  "If you don't change something, nothing is going to change" So begins a new journey!  :)

Hi there Dwatrous. good for you and hope this helps. 

Justin - I'm the opposite to you. I feel less heavy and don't need " helping along" :blink:. Too much protein not enough veggies maybe ? 

Up at 2 am !!! :o  

It's Day 3 and I am tired!   

I'm fighting the urge to grab a snack to keep myself awake.

Gonna try drinking lots of water with sliced lemon instead.  

Hoping all the trips to the bathroom will keep me from falling asleep & hitting my head on my desk.   :unsure:

Good Morning and Day 3 out here on the "West Coast"...

Any suggestions on what to drink besides H2O?  I have not had a carbonated beverage in 5 years and do drink tea but any other suggestions?  Lemon water is a bit boring!!!

• Administrators

Good Morning and Day 3 out here on the "West Coast"...

Any suggestions on what to drink besides H2O?  I have not had a carbonated beverage in 5 years and do drink tea but any other suggestions?  Lemon water is a bit boring!!!

Morning, fellow West Coaster!  

Check this article: http://whole9life.com/2012/10/quench-your-thirst-whole9-style/

hi MMF

I drink all kinds of herbal teas depending on my mood - rooibos, camomile, lemon and ginger peppermint etc

For a cold drink water or a nice sparkling water with lime or lemon wedges, mint.

You could also make a hot chocolate type drink from raw cocoa with coconut milk and cinnamon and hot water.  

Hope this helps.

I'm nearly at the end of my day here, just one more meal to go and Day 3 is D.O.N.E.

• Administrators

You could also make a hot chocolate type drink from raw cocoa with coconut milk and cinnamon and hot water.  

Sorry, this would be pushing the lines of SWYPO, non compliant.  No creating of chocolatey confections...and hot chocolate falls into those parameters.

Almost lunch time for me, though I must say, been feeling a bit rumbly...and I was a grouch this morning.  My brain is fussy, though my body is feeling better.  I'm fine as long as no one wants to talk to me!  

MMF, I did have a can of my favorite sparkling water earlier...it is peach/pear, and there are lots of other flavors out there...might be worth a try.

Justin, my gut is having some trouble, too, though not the solid kind  :huh:   We shall see how it goes.  I am not going to do anything yet, because...it happens.

Volz, you still awake?!

Keep it up, everyone! I like mrsbailer's quote!

Chati, I am going to try to eat more veggies. I have been avoiding almonds, last W30 I had issues with them!

CrisBryan, hopefully after we adjust to this our systems will normalize!

I Had m2 - pulled pork and beans with a cucumber. I have to admit I am struggling today. Very tired and a little bit nauseous. Not too bad, just not a desirable feeling. I did forget to bring my mineral water for lunch today, I will see if that helps with dinner.

Although I am struggling, I am still committed. And thanks everyone for sharing your experiences. It is great to read your comments!

Oh yes! The W30 roadmap is great, let's me know what to expect!

Hi All! Happy day three to everyone. So far so good, feeling super lucky not to be experiencing the monster headache I was expecting from the caffeine withdrawal. Feeling a bit slow today, but nothing horrible. I have a feeling it's all going to hit me a once in the next couple of days, thank goodness just a two day work week for me, and I am off on Friday. I've been a grazer for the last few years, eating small meals every few hours, so it's a weird sensation to actually be "hungry" for me. My stomach is actually growling, so it sounds like it's time for lunch!

Just to keep myself honest, I'm going to post yesterday's meals:

M1:  scrambled eggs, sauteed spinach and sweet potatoes, almonds, cashews, coconut and banana

M2:  grilled chicken, roasted cauliflower, green beans, onions, zucchini, and mushrooms

M3:  grilled tilapia (yum!) with a coconut/lime/chicken broth/shallot sauce, more roasted veggies and strawberries

Food was actually pretty easy, still craving the glass of milk with dinner though! :)

Keep on eating healthy! :)

Sorry, this would be pushing the lines of SWYPO, non compliant.  No creating of chocolatey confections...and hot chocolate falls into those parameters.

Ladyshanny, is anything that is modified to create a similar "not allowed" product considered SWYPO, non compliant? I found an amazing recipe for frozen bananas that includes all compliant ingredients, but creates something that is similar to ice cream. Sweets are not my problem, carbs and fats are, but I don't want to do anything that isn't considered "legal." :) Thanks!!

• Administrators

Ladyshanny, is anything that is modified to create a similar "not allowed" product considered SWYPO, non compliant? I found an amazing recipe for frozen bananas that includes all compliant ingredients, but creates something that is similar to ice cream. Sweets are not my problem, carbs and fats are, but I don't want to do anything that isn't considered "legal." :) Thanks!!

Haha, ya, "banana soft serve" is most certainly not allowed!

Check out these articles: 

http://whole30.com/2011/10/sex-with-your-pants-on/

http://whole30.com/2014/10/sex-pants/

Basically there are things that are allowed.  Creating a "bun" out of a mushroom or a bell pepper is alright.  Creating "breaded" chicken using almond flour is allowed.  Creating "pasta" using zucchini is allowed.  Creating anything sweet or snacky from one's old life is almost always NOT allowed. Sometimes the ruling can be a bit grey area but if you really sit down and think about why you're trying to create the thing and what you're trying to get out of it (extra veggie nutrition from zoodles vs emotional comfort from banana ice cream) and really stick to the spirit of the program, you'll know the answer.

:)

Day 3 for me! Glad to see all your posts, they are keeping me going. This is my second Whole30 and so far I'm sticking to the go-to recipes I found the first time around. For breakfast I had an egg casserole with cubed sweet potatoes, caramelized onions and spinach; for lunch, leftover chocolate chili from Well Fed. One complication is I broke my foot on Sunday! I've never done anything like this to myself but I usually work out 4-5 times/week, running, very intense bootcamp-style workouts, and work full-time and am very active anyway, so this is hard! My foot's in a boot and it's my right foot so I can't drive yet or anything. Gotta hang in there, thanks for everyone's encouragement, we can do this!

Haha, ya, "banana soft serve" is most certainly not allowed!

Check out these articles: 

http://whole30.com/2011/10/sex-with-your-pants-on/

http://whole30.com/2014/10/sex-pants/

Basically there are things that are allowed.  Creating a "bun" out of a mushroom or a bell pepper is alright.  Creating "breaded" chicken using almond flour is allowed.  Creating "pasta" using zucchini is allowed.  Creating anything sweet or snacky from one's old life is almost always NOT allowed. Sometimes the ruling can be a bit grey area but if you really sit down and think about why you're trying to create the thing and what you're trying to get out of it (extra veggie nutrition from zoodles vs emotional comfort from banana ice cream) and really stick to the spirit of the program, you'll know the answer.

:)

Thanks for the info! I'm definitely not a sweets person, so I wouldn't think it would be an emotional thing for me; but I probably wouldn't have looked twice at this recipe before, so I'm sure there is something psychological going on! I'll steer clear of the banana fro-yo.

Archived