Starting April 6th

Ajamay

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Day 6!  I awoke this morning feeling pretty good; took my dog out and she is her usual snarly self to neighbor dog and I got so mad at her!  I thought "I wonder if this is the anger they were talking about?"  I feel better now but will be more aware today of chance for rage in the forcast. 

Time to hit the market again as this a.m. I had a can of tuna and the jicama salad in the welll fed mag with my last hard boiled egg. Not my favorite breakfast so far.  It is amazing how fast the eggs go! and what happened to all the meat I prepped last Monday?  I feel like an eating machine but also like I am not eating at all because where is the bloat and the gas? My pants are looser and my muffin top is shrinking.  

I joined a gym yesterday and they have a laps pool and a resistance pool so I am taking up swimming and water running among other things.  I feel like my energy is up and am ready to get back to it after my 3 week hiatus from exercise due to back trouble.  

I hope everyone is enjoying the weekend.  Stay strong beautiful people :)

Holy tired batman. I'm exhausted. Checked the timeline. Seems about right. This is my 4th or 5th Whole30. Lost count bc I did Paleo and or W30 for 1.5 year straight, then got pregnant and fell off the wagon for a few months. I'm back in the saddle again though and falling in love with w30 all over again. Just exhausted today. Wow.

One week down! I have to say I'm pleasantly surprised at how my husband is doing on his first W30. He made us some awesome BBQ sauce this week, has been grilling chicken and steak for our lunches, and stocking up on veggies when he shops.

Today we did a day trip to the zoo and packed our own lunches and snacks, then treated ourselves to "dinner out" at Whole Foods.

Good luck with week two, everyone!

Day 8!  Yes! Made it through the weekend!  My big downfall these past few months has been eating out and too much wine on the weekends.  On Saturday afternoon my husband and son were headed out to drive some golf balls.  I told my husband "Go to lunch afterword",  basically telling him not to feel bad about leaving me out of it and to enjoy some one on one time with our son (my husband has been out of town for work lately).  And what did I get?  Some down time at home ALONE!!!  Priceless.

Jazmin, I have to say my favorite new recipe since starting W30 is sweet potato hash.  I make it with diced sweet potatoes, bell peppers, mushroom, onions and some sort of meat (usually breakfast sausage I make myself).  Once that is all cooking in the pan I crack two eggs on top and cover to cook the eggs.  At this point the veggies start to carmelize on the bottom of the pan so they have some crunch when it it finished.  Can't say enough about this recipe that I would have never imagined eating before.

W30 has given me the ability to eat REALLY good food without guilt/shame or calorie counting or starving or cravings or etc etc etc

Jazmin, I have to say my favorite new recipe since starting W30 is sweet potato hash. 

mrsbailer - eggs on sweet potato hash is my absolute favourite breakfast! I toss my eggs into the pan and then put the whole thing under the broiler for a few minutes to set the whites but keep the yolks runny.

One of my other favourite meals is thai curry chicken. Sautee red peppers, onions, carrots and sliced chicken in coconut oil, add some red curry paste and once that's mixed in, add some coconut milk. Serve it all over spinach or sweet potato hash. Squeeze a bit of lime over top -- so good!

My stomach is growling just typing all of this!

Thank you for the ideas everyone!  You are cooking some great meals!

My favorite thing has always been my avocado mashed into eggs and sauteed kale for breakfast.  It is so good.

I like salad for lunch but am getting tired of the basic chicken or grilled meat, I need to spice it up.

Dinner tonight is salmon with cauliflower rice and salad

One question, are pork rinds allowed?  I am really wanting something crunchy that is not carrots.

Hello everyone,

I´m still here just had a busy weekend.

Very pleased I managed to stay on plan even though we had friends round and, well, they weren´t " on plan" 

I was feeling really great last week although I had slight headaches but today I´ve had all the symptoms rolled into one,

Tired, weepy, Kill all things hit me hard ! bloated... Oh my I hope I don´t feel like this tomorrow. 

Not really enjoying eating the last two days but still determined to carry on.

Have a good evening everyone and well done. We´re into the second week. 

xx

Hello all - day 8 and feeling great !  I echo the sweet potato hash.  I shred up one or two on Sundays and keep it in a container in the fridge to just plop in a pan in the morning.  I usually have scrambled eggs with spinach with it, but never thought to actually cook the eggs right on top !  My husband tried it this morning, and he's sold !

Whole Amy - I grew up in Woodbride, VA really close to you.  I've worked in Crystal City and Fairfax and Falls Church, and even Chantilly.  My sisters still live in Stafford, and make that commute to DC every day.  

I'm starting to get that good energy back.  I realized this morning that I only need about 7-7 1/2 hours of sleep, but it's a good sleep.  I eat a salad with my homemade Italian dressing along with some tuna salad (onions, celery, homemade mayo) just about every day for lunch, and I eat the same breakfast every day, so I'm not one to give recipe ideas.  For dinner, since it 's kind of late, I might through a hamburger and some green and red onions on the griddle, but I prefer to eat light since I go to bed kind of early.  

We did eat out this weekend at Chili's, and I had the endless salad (hold the cheese and croutons) and chili (hold the beans) so I hope I stayed compliant.  it was sort of a celebration, as my son won his final soccer game in overtime, and now we are going to the state games at Disney next month (Special Olympics).  I did the Autism Speaks walk in St. Pete, and got in over 15000 steps -- I could have gone longer!  It was a long day, and bed felt really good, but I wasn't craving snacks and made it through the hunger without biting anyone's head off (no pun intended).  Looking forward to an even better day tomorrow !  Good job everyone staying on track.

Hi All!

Happy Day Eight!! Whoot whoot, good job all! Congratulations to us all for making through the first week.

I thought I had bypassed a lot of the issues on the timeline, and was seriously starting to question if I was even doing this correctly. Well, it seems like everything is hitting me full force today.

I am so hangry (hungry/angry) with everyone, I could punch someone in the face. My administrative assistant was eating a sub sandwich and I could literally hear her chewing every bite. I wanted to smack it out of her hand. You think I'm joking . . . I'm dead serious. I'm also exhausted, I've broken out in adult acne (really??) and my stomach seems to enjoy playing games with me (do I have to go . . . don't I have to go . . . oh shoot, I need to go right now!)

I know that I'm not really hungry, it's just my old mindset telling me it's time for a snack, something bad for me, something to fulfill these cravings I'm having. I'm filling up on lemon water and have decided that every time I feel the need to eat something off plan or off schedule, I'll do 20 crunches. What the heck, if I can get a six-pack out of this, it'll be worth it, lol!

To be honest, I am so sick of roasted veggies that I can't even stand the sight of them. Time for me to change up what I'm eating, since the veggies are the hardest for me anyway. Does anyone have any great veggie recipes that don't involve roasting them? Please . . . I'm desperate here! :)

Thanks for listening (reading) to me rant! Have a great evening!

• Administrators

I am so hangry (hungry/angry) with everyone, I could punch someone in the face. My administrative assistant was eating a sub sandwich and I could literally hear her chewing every bite. I wanted to smack it out of her hand. You think I'm joking . . . I'm dead serious. I'm also exhausted, I've broken out in adult acne (really??) and my stomach seems to enjoy playing games with me (do I have to go . . . don't I have to go . . . oh shoot, I need to go right now!)

To be honest, I am so sick of roasted veggies that I can't even stand the sight of them. Time for me to change up what I'm eating, since the veggies are the hardest for me anyway. Does anyone have any great veggie recipes that don't involve roasting them? Please . . . I'm desperate here! :)

This post made me laugh...in a "oh no, poor you!" kind of way!   ;)

Without knowing how much you're eating, I almost would venture a guess that you could use an additional serving of starchy veggie (for the exhaustion and the mood) and maybe some more food overall (for the hangry).  

I love roasted veggies more than any other kind.  Maybe experiment with seasonings?  If no, try these:

I love these 2 recipes from Well Fed: 

http://theclothesmakethegirl.com/2012/03/14/coconut-almond-green-beans/

http://theclothesmakethegirl.com/2011/11/17/velvety-butternut-squash/

You could also try some soups, Golden Cauliflower Soup and Silky Gingered Zucchini soup are popular and a great way to get your veggies in!

http://theclothesmakethegirl.com/2012/10/24/golden-cauliflower-soup/

http://theclothesmakethegirl.com/2012/11/05/silky-gingered-zucchini-soup/

I also love making a combination of these two cauli rice recipes

http://stupideasypaleo.com/2013/03/08/indian-pineapple-cauliflower-rice/

http://theclothesmakethegirl.com/2013/03/30/cauliflower-rice-pilaf/

This post made me laugh...in a "oh no, poor you!" kind of way!   ;)

Without knowing how much you're eating, I almost would venture a guess that you could use an additional serving of starchy veggie (for the exhaustion and the mood) and maybe some more food overall (for the hangry).  

I love roasted veggies more than any other kind.  Maybe experiment with seasonings?  If no, try these:

I love these 2 recipes from Well Fed: 

http://theclothesmakethegirl.com/2012/03/14/coconut-almond-green-beans/

http://theclothesmakethegirl.com/2011/11/17/velvety-butternut-squash/

You could also try some soups, Golden Cauliflower Soup and Silky Gingered Zucchini soup are popular and a great way to get your veggies in!

http://theclothesmakethegirl.com/2012/10/24/golden-cauliflower-soup/

http://theclothesmakethegirl.com/2012/11/05/silky-gingered-zucchini-soup/

I also love making a combination of these two cauli rice recipes

http://stupideasypaleo.com/2013/03/08/indian-pineapple-cauliflower-rice/

http://theclothesmakethegirl.com/2013/03/30/cauliflower-rice-pilaf/

I think my problem is more psychological than actual hunger. I was a bit jealous of the sandwich, to be honest! I actually feel like I'm eating quite a bit. On most days, it's an effort to eat the entire meal. I have been including a small sweet potato with at least two of my meals, but I'll try adding in a bit more to see if that helps. Soups are a great idea!! I never even thought about that! I'll give these a try. I love cauliflower, so the soup sounds amazing. :) I've burned myself out on roasted veggies, so anything new is great for me. Thanks so much!

• Administrators

I think my problem is more psychological than actual hunger. I was a bit jealous of the sandwich, to be honest! I actually feel like I'm eating quite a bit. On most days, it's an effort to eat the entire meal. I have been including a small sweet potato with at least two of my meals, but I'll try adding in a bit more to see if that helps. Soups are a great idea!! I never even thought about that! I'll give these a try. I love cauliflower, so the soup sounds amazing. :) I've burned myself out on roasted veggies, so anything new is great for me. Thanks so much!

Two servings of sweet potato is great, some people do well with more, it depends on your context.  If it's just the psychological transitioning, your lemon water and crunches is a great way to get through it!  :)

This is one of my favorite recipes. It always turns out awesome! http://paleomg.com/almost-5-ingredient-pizza-spaghetti-pie/

Sometimes I omit the onions and/or mix sausage with ground beef, like I did tonight. Yummo! I also recommend doubling this recipe. I use a whole large spaghetti squash, a whole jar of sauce, a whole pound or pound and a half of meat and 4-5 eggs.

Hi All!

Happy Day Eight!! Whoot whoot, good job all! Congratulations to us all for making through the first week.

I thought I had bypassed a lot of the issues on the timeline, and was seriously starting to question if I was even doing this correctly. Well, it seems like everything is hitting me full force today.

Had to laugh with you there too MHMom. I was exactly the same yesterday. 

I feel much better today but have to say I'm a bit bored with my meals although I do try to vary the menu. I would have been jealous of the sandwich too ,even though I"m not even craving non compliant food !  :huh: and I'm not feeling hungry. 

Like you say "psychological". 

Thanks for the recommendation of the sweet potato breakfast. I've printed out the recipes and am going to give it a go.

Have a good day 9 everyone.

xx  

Good Morning to Day 9,

MHMom4755, Just like you I thought I was getting away with something for awhile there until yesterday.  Definitely a hate all things day for me (it was Monday).  I just went back and reviewed the time line.  Looks like I am pretty much on track here.  And the next few days are predicted to be the toughest!  Unfortunately our family's schedule has just been cranked up due a new commute for my husband which puts all of the afterschool responsiblities on my schedule.  Yesterday this meant choosing between a walk and food prep.  I know better, I chose the food prep.

I am going to try the spaghetti pie listed above for dinner tonight.  Nothing like a new recipe to keep things interesting!  I hope everyone here has a great day 9!

Day 9!

I almost gave up today! I am on jury duty all week and it has been a tremendous challenge eating compliant. I have been settling for hard boiled eggs, but today for lunch we got to leave and I had a tortilla-less fajitas, very good! This trial will last at least this week, been stressful... Oh yeah, the bags of candy and boxes of donuts in the jurors chamber does not help much! Luckily they had some fruit ( and I had my own almonds).

Hope everyone is doing well!

Archived