Starting April 6th

Ajamay

Glad to hear that others plan on keeping with the program. I am definitely staying away from grains, legumes and dairy. My only caveat is paleo dessert once a week that I pick a recipe for and make myself. I previously mentioned the banana cake and I still intend on having that probably this weekend. The one other thing is a latte once per week also. I LOVE LATTES! I usually drink them with almond milk and will treat myself to no more than 1x/week. After years of adulterating my coffee with all sorts of sugary crap I am actually enjoying black coffee.Yesterday I made the Kalua Pig recipe from Nom Nom Paleo website and it was so delicious. I am definitely digging the roast in the slow cooker. I usually only made a pot roast once or twice per winter but now feel like I will be making a roast bi-monthly or more! YUM!!So if I want to keep posting stuff do I find a forum for whatever topic or will this start date April 6 be kept up with or finished after tomorrow?

I'd be willing to keep posting here if others are.

(And to clarify, I'm planning on 95% compliance after this, with minimal off-roading, but I'm not officially extending my W30. I'm looking forward to having some birthday cake at my dad's 79th this Saturday!)

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK, who else is still going here? Day 29!! I hope everyone is feeling great and is proud of their journey. 

I am in that blissful "the Whole30 is amazing!" stage where I want to stop people on the street and tell them all about it. I feel great, my pants are fitting nicely, my moods and energy level are fantastic...I don't really want this one to end!  So I'm not thinking about day 30 as being done. It's just the beginning! 

How is everyone else doing?

I'm feeling exactly the same way! I'm sure people are so sick of hearing me rave on and on about Whole 30! I've actually already decided to stay on the plan until Saturday. I'm going to go off a bit on Sunday (Mother's Day) as my entire family is doing a buffet and there's no way for me to stay 100% compliant without having a miserable time. I do however plan to stick as much to plan as possible, I really don't want the whole sugar/carb hangover on Monday, since I'll be jumping right back on for another round of Whole 30. I've definitely lost weight, my blood sugar is amazing, and I'm not even tempted by any of my old triggers. Whole 30 is doing something right for me, so I'm going to stick with it!

Good morning Whole 30 friends! Well, the scale says I lost 8 pounds which is amazing. I feel like it will just keep getting better especially since I am now regularly strength training 3x/week and am getting back into running. I feel stronger now than I have in a long time.

My tendonitis in my elbows seems to have diappeared also but I will take a yoga class and that will be proof since all those vinyasa flows are hell on my elbows. I am hopeful that other issues will fade away also. One thing that I am still struggling with is some IBS symptoms; not as bad but I think it is coffee that does it to me and I will not give up coffee so I just have to deal with having to go a lot in the morning. A small price to pay as far as I am concerned.

Good morning Whole 30 friends! Well, the scale says I lost 8 pounds which is amazing. I feel like it will just keep getting better especially since I am now regularly strength training 3x/week and am getting back into running. I feel stronger now than I have in a long time.

My tendonitis in my elbows seems to have diappeared also but I will take a yoga class and that will be proof since all those vinyasa flows are hell on my elbows. I am hopeful that other issues will fade away also. One thing that I am still struggling with is some IBS symptoms; not as bad but I think it is coffee that does it to me and I will not give up coffee so I just have to deal with having to go a lot in the morning. A small price to pay as far as I am concerned.

Congrats on all your victories, Sue! That's fantastic! 

I didn't weigh myself before, but my pants are definitely fitting a lot better and my waist has thinned out. My workouts have been great this month and my skin is better than ever. I really want to keep this going, as much as possible. I just need to get out of the mindset that I have to be on an official, declared W30 to continue to stay away from certain foods. Sugar is a huge slippery slope for me, so i need to keep that sugar dragon at bay as much as possible to continue seeing results. 

Congrats to everyone on our 30 days!!

Well!  I am super excited as I lost 15 pounds and I am halfway to my goal of losing 30 pounds by June 22nd for my 20th anniversary trip!

I am going to keep going but I did have milk in my latte this morning....just can't get used to either coconut or almond milk  Since I only have one shot of espresso a day, I'm not planning on giving up caffeine...  I have not had a carbonated beverage for 6 years and only drink tea, wine, water and vodka....

Other than that...I don't really plan to make any changes except some wine on Mothers Day!   Maybe add some carbs so I can run better.

I lost my sweet tooth and I don't want to find it again.

Archived