Trouble with Breakfast Timing

Hello! I am running into a little difficulty planning what time to eat my meals. 

I work in a creative field in Los Angeles so my schedule is a little wonky. 

I wake up at 9:30 every day and do a yoga class or a hike at 10. I'm home by noon-ish. 

I work from 1:30pm - midnightish every day. 

I don't have trouble finding time for lunch (right when I get home from yoga), and dinner I eat around 7:30 every day. I have had success with a pre-wo snack before my yoga or hike.

What I'm really struggling with is this: when am I supposed to eat breakfast?

Am I supposed to wake up earlier and eat breakfast before yoga? That doesn't seem like enough sleep if I'm in bed by 1-2am every night. Is what I'm calling "lunch" really breakfast right now? I don't think I'd mind sucking it up and waking up a 15 minutes earlier, but eating breakfast before working out sounds like a terrible idea. 

Any thoughts? Thanks in advance! I'm just kind of at a loss. 

Is it at all possible to break up your work day so you get 2 breaks? Making meal 1 around noon, meal 2 around 4:30-5:30, and meal 3 around 8:30-9:30? The goal is to try and space your meals about 4-5 hours apart. Right now you are going over 7 hours between your first two meals and then fasting for 14 hours between dinner and your pre-workout snack. 

Is it at all possible to break up your work day so you get 2 breaks? Making meal 1 around noon, meal 2 around 4:30-5:30, and meal 3 around 8:30-9:30? The goal is to try and space your meals about 4-5 hours apart. Right now you are going over 7 hours between your first two meals and then fasting for 14 hours between dinner and your pre-workout snack. 

Yes! Thank you! I started doing this after your post and it works perfectly. I'm no loner starving at night. 

Archived