Whole90 starting on April 4th!

EggsAndBacon

Ditto for me on the workouts. I wish you well in being able to workout tomorrow.. It's my intention to walk first thing in the morning; however, I just haven't been able to wake up early enough to get it done. Maybe I should try waking up at 04:00 :o as well.  Hmmm...nayed..that's okay. Smiling.. I am consistent with my strength training protocol though and that makes me happy :). I am hopeful that I will get the walking piece under my belt soon.  Right now I'm just trying to get to work on time... which I believe is 08:30 am each day.. Hmmm....I'm not going to ask anyone though...My motto is "Don't trouble trouble, till trouble troubles you."  Heard it from a friend of mine...and I thought it was pretty cool.

Regarding your egg salad:  Laughing...as you've gotta use up those eggs some kind of way.... Good job...hopefully you don't have too many more left to eat.

What else could someone use Easter eggs for besides egg salad and/or eating them as is?  Ideas anyone?

I am almost finished with the eggs!!!  However, I actually LOVE egg salad !!  I  usually eat something until I cant look at it anymore!!!  I can't do fried eggs. I burnt them out during the first 30n day cycle. I usually enjoy dinner leftovers for M1!! I see you enjoy cooking. I do as well. However, I have not tried any of the recipes yet. Someday!!!  

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OBTW, how is everyone feeling? Notice any changes? My joints are starting to feel GREAT!!!!  SSSSSHHHHH!!! Please don't tell them. It has been a while since I could climb stairs without pain or embarrassment. ....One day at a time. I have been doing research on a piece of workout equipment. It is called the skiers edge. I love to ski and go every weekend during the season. In a few years I plan on retiring, and I would love to become a ski bum!!! LOL!!!!! This machine simulates the movement on the mountain. I thought it would be a great way to get in skiers shape, and stay there through the off season. Let's face it, working out is more enjoyable when you are training for an activity you enjoy. My joints were so inflamed this season, I missed much of the fun. As I was walking downstairs to the laundry room, I noticed NO PAIN!!! Thank you whole 30, 60, 90, and beyond!!  Does anyone else have a victory to share?   

OBTW, how is everyone feeling? Notice any changes? My joints are starting to feel GREAT!!!!  SSSSSHHHHH!!! Please don't tell them. It has been a while since I could climb stairs without pain or embarrassment. ....One day at a time. I have been doing research on a piece of workout equipment. It is called the skiers edge. I love to ski and go every weekend during the season. In a few years I plan on retiring, and I would love to become a ski bum!!! LOL!!!!! This machine simulates the movement on the mountain. I thought it would be a great way to get in skiers shape, and stay there through the off season. Let's face it, working out is more enjoyable when you are training for an activity you enjoy. My joints were so inflamed this season, I missed much of the fun. As I was walking downstairs to the laundry room, I noticed NO PAIN!!! Thank you whole 30, 60, 90, and beyond!!  Does anyone else have a victory to share?

That is FANTASTIC! So so happy for you.... Tbh, I'm not feeling the benefits yet. Mostly I've just been craving bananas and I've been very grumpy!! I Had a dream last night that I made and ate a whole box of dried fruit, nut and cacao nib balls... They were covered in coconut and were LOVELY! I woke up feeling guilty I'd enjoyed them so much!!!!!

That is FANTASTIC! So so happy for you.... Tbh, I'm not feeling the benefits yet. Mostly I've just been craving bananas and I've been very grumpy!! I Had a dream last night that I made and ate a whole box of dried fruit, nut and cacao nib balls... They were covered in coconut and were LOVELY! I woke up feeling guilty I'd enjoyed them so much!!!!!

Too funny!!!!  I have been craving bananas as well. I had half of one with some strawberries this morning!!

Hello everyone!!!  well I just ordered my Skiers Edge!! I plan on using this for my cardio, along with weight training and yoga. I did get in my walk today. Tomorrow I am heading to the mountains to hit the slopes one last time!!!! not sure what the conditions are. They did get more snow today!!!  yippee!!!  I will be posting from up there, and I already know where at what to eat!!!  just NO WINE!!!!!!!

M1.... you guessed it.... Egg salad on romaine, half a banana, strawberries, and coffee.

M2.....chicken breast with green beans

M3.....  Baked pork chop, sweet potato, ghee, and asparagus.

Have  a great night, Debbie

Did you just finish 30 days, and extending it for another 90? If you are just starting, then you are dreaming of food, grumpy, and not feeling it yet because you are still detoxing!!! I am past that phase. I know that I must eat like this in order to reap the benefits!!! hang in there you are doing great!!

Thursday, April 09, 2015

M1

·         Traditional-cut Korean Short Ribs (Wang Galbi/Kalbi) with Nom Nom Paleo's Cherry Barbecue Sauce

·         Sauteed Cabbage with Carrots, Caramelized Onions, Minced Garlic and Green Onions (Scallions)

M2

·         Chicken and Butternut Squash Stew

·         Baked Sweet Potato

M3 

·         Zoodles (spiraled zucchini squash) with Meat Sauce

I am falling asleep much easier now.  My lower back isn't hurting; which means I haven't had to visit the massage therapist lately... $$$ in my pocket .. Yippee...monthly cramps non-existent this time around.   :) Let see if they stay gone.. 

Thursday, April 09, 2015

M1

·         Traditional-cut Korean Short Ribs (Wang Galbi/Kalbi) with Nom Nom Paleo's Cherry Barbecue Sauce

·         Sauteed Cabbage with Carrots, Caramelized Onions, Minced Garlic and Green Onions (Scallions)

M2

M3 

Thursday, April 09, 2015

M1

M2

M3 

Yummy!!!! I am loving your meals!!  I must look at these recipes .....Cherry Barbecue sauce.....amazing!!!

I am up early for work and packing the cooler for a weekend away!! I thought I would check in now, in case I can't later. 

M1......Egg salad, mixed greens, strawberries, half a banana, coffee

M2......pork chop, sweet potato, green beans

M3......chicken salad with: celery,apple,walnuts, homemade mayo.

I will be traveling, I know I can do it!!  I have before. in case of an emergency....I have carrot sticks. Have a great day, Debbie

Friday, April 10, 2015

Post-workout Meal (Strength Training Day)

·          Chicken and Butternut Squash Stew

M1

·        Zoodles (spiraled zucchini squash) with Meat Sauce

·       Navel Orange

·       Banana

M2

·        Salt and Pepper Wings 

·        Buffalo Wings 

·        Celery Sticks

Wow! lots going on here. My life/work have been NUTS and I think it's been about a week since I posted. So glad to see everyone is still doing well. I haven't been doing a good job of avoiding the snacking, but the last 2 days things have slowed down a bit and I'm finding my groove.

I decided to sign up for some strength group classes. So I'll be starting those, at 5:30 AM and a 30 minute drive into town to get there...we'll see how that goes :) With everything so crazy my riding schedule went out the window too, so back at that.

On the bright side, I found some totally fine mtn. biking shorts on clearance, and since I'm absolutely shallow enough to be motivated by cute exercise clothes, I figure that's money in the bank regarding getting back at the riding!

Regarding my goals:

1. No snacking = BAD. Too much munching. Working on putting on hot water before starting dinner so I can end it with a hot cup of tea instead of several handfuls of nuts and dried fruit

2. Try new recipes = BAD no creativity around here.

3. Post meal plan daily = BAD haven't been here

4. Core exercises 5 times a week = BAD no exercise at all since Monday.

SOOOOO.....Still hanging on with the eating, but I'm going to get rolling again on the lifestyle!

I am up early for work and packing the cooler for a weekend away!! I thought I would check in now, in case I can't later. 

M1......Egg salad, mixed greens, strawberries, half a banana, coffee

M2......pork chop, sweet potato, green beans

M3......chicken salad with: celery,apple,walnuts, homemade mayo.

I will be traveling, I know I can do it!!  I have before. in case of an emergency....I have carrot sticks. Have a great day, Debbie

Hey there:  I too packed a cooler for a weekend trip.  I attended a wedding out of state.   How did things go for you pyrotek?

Saturday, April 11, 2015

M1

·        Chomps Beef Sticks (Whole30 approved)

·       Banana

M2

·        Salt and Pepper Wings (Recipe courtesy of:  http://www.paleocupboard.com/salt-and-pepper-chicken-wings)

·        Plums

M3

·        Brisket with Nom Nom Paleo's Cherry Barbecue Sauce

·        Salad (Lettuce, tomatoes, carrots, Cucumbers, Sunflower Seeds)

·        Watermelon, Mangos, Pineapples

They served pasta, pasta, and more pasta as well as fried catfish. With my gastrointestinal issues  (possibly Chron's disease or severe gluten-intolerance) and the fact that I am not a fan of catfish and that it was dredged in cornmeal, it was quite easy to turn it down. Therefore the only thing that I ate from the wedding was fruit and the salad. I actually brought the salad back to the hotel and put the cooler packed brisket on top of it.  Yum Yum.  I used the Nom Nom Barbecue sauce as a salad dressing.

Sunday, April 12, 2015

M1

·        Brisket with Nom Nom Paleo's Cherry Barbecue Sauce

M2

·        Chomps Beef Sticks 

·        Plums

M3  (Back home....tired from the trip...But oh so glad to be back home)

·        Banana

·        Sunflower Seeds

Monday, April 13, 2015 

M1

·        Omelet with jalapenos, onions, orange bell peppers

·       Beef Bacon (Whole30 compliant) 

M2

·        Ribeye Steak

·        Cauliflower Steaks (recipe courtesy of http://glutenfreefix.com/roasted-cauliflower-steaks)

·        Roasted Green Beans

Green Beans: Yes

The problem with legumes comes when you consume the seed. As with snow peas or sugar snap peas, green beans contain a tiny, immature seed, and a big, green pod. As such, we’re not worried about the potential downsides—and if green beans are the worst thing in your diet, you’re doing okay.  http://whole30.com/2013/06/the-official-can-i-have-guide-to-the-whole30/

These foods are exceptions to the rule, and are allowed during your Whole3

Certain legumes. We’re fine with green beans, sugar snap peas and snow peas. While they’re technically a legume, these are far more “pod” than “bean,” and green plant matter is generally good for you. http://whole30.com/whole30-program-rules/

M3

·        Banana

·        Sunflower Seeds

Wow! lots going on here. My life/work have been NUTS and I think it's been about a week since I posted. So glad to see everyone is still doing well. I haven't been doing a good job of avoiding the snacking, but the last 2 days things have slowed down a bit and I'm finding my groove.

I decided to sign up for some strength group classes. So I'll be starting those, at 5:30 AM and a 30 minute drive into town to get there...we'll see how that goes :) With everything so crazy my riding schedule went out the window too, so back at that.

On the bright side, I found some totally fine mtn. biking shorts on clearance, and since I'm absolutely shallow enough to be motivated by cute exercise clothes, I figure that's money in the bank regarding getting back at the riding!

Regarding my goals:

1. No snacking = BAD. Too much munching. Working on putting on hot water before starting dinner so I can end it with a hot cup of tea instead of several handfuls of nuts and dried fruit

2. Try new recipes = BAD no creativity around here.

3. Post meal plan daily = BAD haven't been here

4. Core exercises 5 times a week = BAD no exercise at all since Monday.

SOOOOO.....Still hanging on with the eating, but I'm going to get rolling again on the lifestyle!

Hi stravajunkie:  Good job with staying on tracking with the eating.  Everything else will fall into place.  

I liked that stravajunkie posted a goal accountability update; so I decided I would follow suit. 

1.  Nutrition:  

I will follow the program consistently for the duration, with no restart days.  Current Status:  Good

I will be eating fruit only on the days that I strength train or at least that's my story right now.  Current Status:  Bad.. I've been eating fruit like almost everyday.. It's so easy to transport... Will work on doing better.

2.  Sleep:    

To improve my sleep pattern. Hoping to be able to sleep for 7-8 hours/night @ least 3 times/week; working myself up to 7 days. 

Current Status:  Bad - Went to bed last night at 11:00 pm and woke up this morning at 2:00 am... 

How: By setting an alarm reminder 1 to 1 1/2 hours before scheduled sleep time. 

Current Status:  Bad -- Smart phone crashed; being a rebel and refusing to buy a new one.

How often:  Daily

How long:  30-60-90 days (Better yet until it becomes my "new familiar"... i.e. habit)

3.  Stress Management:   Current Status:  Good

A.  Whenever I feel stressed, I will stop and focus on who God is and seek him.  He is Greater than any temptation that comes my way.

B.  I will listen to music-i.e. upbeat music to help me feel positive and get my mind off the stressful thoughts and/or softer music to ease tension. 

How often:  Whenever I feel stress/tension-be it in the car, in the office, or at home.

How long:  As long as necessary for the feeling of calm to return.

4.  Exercise: Current Status:  Good but only with the Strength Training piece.  I haven't incorporated Yoga nor Walking yet.

I will do some form of physical exercise 

How/What:   Strength training, Yoga, and/or Walking

How often:   a minimal of twice a week up to 5 times a week.

How long:    Strength Training - 45 minutes (twice a week). Yoga - will be based upon the class I sign up for.  Walking - a minimal of 20 minutes

5.  Active Recovery:Current Status:  Good

A.  I will stretch and/or foam roll for 10 to 15 minutes after each workout.

B.  I will do the exercise my Vertigo therapist has assigned - as deemed necessary

C.  On a daily I will complete the exercises that my Chiropractor has assigned.

6.  Injury Rehab:  Current Status:  Good

I will sleep on my back or left side as to not aggravate my positional vertigo issue.

7.  Fun and Play: Current Status:  Good

I will engage in pleasant activities 21 of each 30 day cycle of the Whole90 challenge.

8.  Personal Growth: Current Status:  Good

I will journal a minimal of 5 days/week.

9.  Temperance: Current Status:  Good

I will not put cream in my hot tea for the duration of this challenge as it violates the Whole30 rules.

Saturday, April 11, 2015

M1

·        Chomps Beef Sticks (Whole30 approved)

·       Banana

M2

·        Salt and Pepper Wings (Recipe courtesy of:  http://www.paleocupboard.com/salt-and-pepper-chicken-wings)

·        Plums

M3

·        Brisket with Nom Nom Paleo's Cherry Barbecue Sauce

·        Salad (Lettuce, tomatoes, carrots, Cucumbers, Sunflower Seeds)

·        Watermelon, Mangos, Pineapples

They served pasta, pasta, and more pasta as well as fried catfish. With my gastrointestinal issues  (possibly Chron's disease or severe gluten-intolerance) and the fact that I am not a fan of catfish and that it was dredged in cornmeal, it was quite easy to turn it down. Therefore the only thing that I ate from the wedding was fruit and the salad. I actually brought the salad back to the hotel and put the cooler packed brisket on top of it.  Yum Yum.  I used the Nom Nom Barbecue sauce as a salad dressing.

Sunday, April 12, 2015

M1

·        Brisket with Nom Nom Paleo's Cherry Barbecue Sauce

M2

·        Chomps Beef Sticks 

·        Plums

M3  (Back home....tired from the trip...But oh so glad to be back home)

·        Banana

·        Sunflower Seeds

Monday, April 13, 2015 

M1

·        Omelet with jalapenos, onions, orange bell peppers

·       Beef Bacon (Whole30 compliant) 

M2

·        Ribeye Steak

·        Cauliflower Steaks (recipe courtesy of http://glutenfreefix.com/roasted-cauliflower-steaks)

·        Roasted Green Beans

Green Beans: Yes

The problem with legumes comes when you consume the seed. As with snow peas or sugar snap peas, green beans contain a tiny, immature seed, and a big, green pod. As such, we’re not worried about the potential downsides—and if green beans are the worst thing in your diet, you’re doing okay.  http://whole30.com/2013/06/the-official-can-i-have-guide-to-the-whole30/

These foods are exceptions to the rule, and are allowed during your Whole3

Certain legumes. We’re fine with green beans, sugar snap peas and snow peas. While they’re technically a legume, these are far more “pod” than “bean,” and green plant matter is generally good for you. http://whole30.com/whole30-program-rules/

M3

·        Banana

·        Sunflower Seeds

You did great!!!! I really love seeing your meals!!!  I need to get out of my cooking box, and try something new!!!

Hey there:  I too packed a cooler for a weekend trip.  I attended a wedding out of state.   How did things go for you pyrotek?

I did great~!!! It did get challenging, The apres ski!!!!! after a beautiful, active day on the slopes, everyone was drinking and eating such yummy items!!!  I had club soda with lemons and limes!!  It looked colorful against my new healthy glowing skin!!!!  lol!!!!! I did not snack, as soon as we left, I planned dinner at a place where I new the menu!!! Ribeye, was my reward!!!!!

Hello all!!!!  Now that ski season is over, I have to get my butt in  workout mode!!! A weekend on the slopes burns me out during the week!! I ordered a ski machine ( skiers edge) to get and keep me in shape through out the off season. It burns around 1500 cals an hour. I might only be able to do 15 mins at a time, but I will work up to at least 30 mins. I will keep you posted. It is scheduled to arrive on Thurs.

My mother is trying to derail me!!! The more she bakes and brings over for my poor underfed family!!!!  lol..... the stronger it makes me!! So far it has been triple chocolate brownies, homemade breads, raspberry filled cookies, and last night a blueberry cheesecake!!!  al homemade I might add.  I was very proud of myself....until last night...I caved in and licked the spoon!!!! I am not going to start over, because I already finished 30 complete days. I am on, I believe day 40ish. However, I did not have a blown out binge.Now that I got that off my chest, I will move forward.

M1... eggs, spinach, strawberries, and coffee

M2...ground turkey, tomatoes, spinach, and an orange

M3... Taco seasoned meat. romaine  lettuce , tomatoes, salsa, onions, and olives

Have a great day!!!

Hello all!!!!  Now that ski season is over, I have to get my butt in  workout mode!!! A weekend on the slopes burns me out during the week!! I ordered a ski machine ( skiers edge) to get and keep me in shape through out the off season. It burns around 1500 cals an hour. I might only be able to do 15 mins at a time, but I will work up to at least 30 mins. I will keep you posted. It is scheduled to arrive on Thurs.

My mother is trying to derail me!!! The more she bakes and brings over for my poor underfed family!!!!  lol..... the stronger it makes me!! So far it has been triple chocolate brownies, homemade breads, raspberry filled cookies, and last night a blueberry cheesecake!!!  al homemade I might add.  I was very proud of myself....until last night...I caved in and licked the spoon!!!! I am not going to start over, because I already finished 30 complete days. I am on, I believe day 40ish. However, I did not have a blown out binge.Now that I got that off my chest, I will move forward.

M1... eggs, spinach, strawberries, and coffee

M2...ground turkey, tomatoes, spinach, and an orange

M3... Taco seasoned meat. romaine  lettuce , tomatoes, salsa, onions, and olives

Have a great day!!!

Smiling..... Moms always mean well...........even when they may be potentially overstepping the boundary lines.  Hmmm.....I wonder if telling mom and the "underfed"  (ha ha ha) members that they could eat :P all the goodies that she (i.e. Mom) is cooking but only at her house ....Bringing extras home = not an option. 

I did great~!!! It did get challenging, The apres ski!!!!! after a beautiful, active day on the slopes, everyone was drinking and eating such yummy items!!!  I had club soda with lemons and limes!!  It looked colorful against my new healthy glowing skin!!!!  lol!!!!! I did not snack, as soon as we left, I planned dinner at a place where I new the menu!!! Ribeye, was my reward!!!!!

Congratulations on "not snacking".  I'm really proud of you.

You did great!!!! I really love seeing your meals!!!  I need to get out of my cooking box, and try something new!!!

Yes, Yes, Yes....get "out of your cooking box" and come join me on expanding our respective recipe boxes....  :)  

Hmm Hmm good... I like Ribeye...What a great reward!!!!

Archived