Whole90 starting on April 4th!

EggsAndBacon

Hello Everyone:

Here are my goals:

1.  Nutrition:  

I will follow the program consistently for the duration, with no restart days.

I will be eating fruit only on the days that I strength train or at least that's my story right now.

2.  Sleep:    

To improve my sleep pattern. Hoping to be able to sleep for 7-8 hours/night @ least 3 times/week; working myself up to 7 days.

How: By setting an alarm reminder 1 to 1 1/2 hours before scheduled sleep time.

How often:  Daily

How long:  30-60-90 days (Better yet until it becomes my "new familiar"... i.e. habit)

3.  Stress Management:  

A.  Whenever I feel stressed, I will stop and focus on who God is and seek him.  He is Greater than any temptation that comes my way.

B.  I will listen to music-i.e. upbeat music to help me feel positive and get my mind off the stressful thoughts and/or softer music to ease tension. 

How often:  Whenever I feel stress/tension-be it in the car, in the office, or at home.

How long:  As long as necessary for the feeling of calm to return.

4.  Exercise:

I will do some form of physical exercise 

How/What:   Strength training, Yoga, and/or Walking

How often:   a minimal of twice a week up to 5 times a week.

How long:    Strength Training - 45 minutes (twice a week). Yoga - will be based upon the class I sign up for.  Walking - a minimal of 20 minutes

5.  Active Recovery:

A.  I will stretch and/or foam roll for 10 to 15 minutes after each workout.

B.  I will do the exercise my Vertigo therapist has assigned - as deemed necessary

C.  On a daily I will complete the exercises that my Chiropractor has assigned.

6.  Injury Rehab:  

I will sleep on my back or left side as to not aggravate my positional vertigo issue.

7.  Fun and Play:

I will engage in pleasant activities 21 of each 30 day cycle of the Whole90 challenge.

8.  Personal Growth:

I will journal a minimal of 5 days/week.

9.  Temperance:

I will not put cream in my hot tea for the duration of this challenge as it violates the Whole30 rules.   :blink:  :D

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good (late) morning!

I didn't get on here to post yesterday, and It will be brief today:

M1: 3 eggs

M2: Salad with chicken and marinara sauce

M3: Steak and mixed veggies

Went for my quick ride route today, 45 minutes, 1,000 feet of climbing.

One thing I really need to work on is better recovery meals....more to come on that, I would LOVE any suggestions and ideas!!

Claws, I loved your post-very well thought out goals!

One thing I really need to work on is better recovery meals....more to come on that, I would LOVE any suggestions and ideas!!

Michelle Tam (Nom nom paleo) has a freat recipe for tuna and sweet potato "muffins".. You can make a batch (or a double batch) and they freeze really well :-)

...pressed post before I was finished!!

- my goal would be NO snacking... I'd really like to stop.. But I eat breakfast at 7am so get hungry for lunch around 12, and then it's a LONG time to wait for dinner at 7.30ish. I have been trying to eat dinner at 5.30 but this all depends on work and parenting commitments!!!!

That's all I think! Oh, any of you use MyPaleoPal? I've just signed up to get meal ideas and post my meals as a record this next 90 days. If you're on, look me up and follow me!!

Hi Scottish-Laura I have an Android phone and the MyPaleoPal hasn't been release for it yet. :(   I put my name on the notification list.  Here's hoping it comes out before the end of this Whole90 challenge. :unsure:   

Good (late) morning!

I didn't get on here to post yesterday, and It will be brief today:

M1: 3 eggs

M2: Salad with chicken and marinara sauce

M3: Steak and mixed veggies

Went for my quick ride route today, 45 minutes, 1,000 feet of climbing.

Claws, I loved your post-very well thought out goals!

Michelle Tam (Nom nom paleo) has a freat recipe for tuna and sweet potato "muffins".. You can make a batch (or a double batch) and they freeze really well :-)

stravajunkie:  Thanks for your comment on my goals..  In regards to better recovery meals - The website "Stupid Easy Paleo - http://stupideasypaleo.com/" has a "post-workout nutrition guide" that you might find helpful.  She also has quite a few articles regarding post-workout meals.

Recently I made "Plantain Nachos" compliments of the "Clothes Made the Girl" website.  (plantains for the starchy vegetable and super lean ground beef for the protein source)...I left off the fixins (tomatoes, avocado, lettuce, scallions, jalapenos) and just ate the taco meat on the plantain chips...... In hindsight :huh: I guess I could have used ground chicken or ground turkey as long as it was the leanest possible... Maybe I'll try that next time. 

Scottish-Laura:  I really like Michelle Tam's recipes....

Here are my meals:

Saturday, April 04, 2015

M1

·         Salmon Deviled Eggs

M2

·         Jicama slices topped with Chicken Salad…. “Recipe courtesy of Food Network Kitchen”

·         Plantains

M3

·         Chicken Tom Kha Gai Soup i.e. Thai coconut soup with Whole30 Sriracha sauce garnished with cilantro and green onions

Sunday, April 05, 2015

M1

·         US Wellness Farms Bacon Ends

·         2 egg whites plus 1 whole egg omelet with bell peppers, purple onions, jalapenos and Whole30 Sriracha Sauce

·         Hass Avocado (1/4)

M2 or M3  (Either I slept through one of the meals and/or I just can’t seem to remember what I ate because I didn’t take a picture)

·         Beef Kabobs and Chicken Kabobs

·         Stir-Fried Broccoli

·         Mashed Potatoes

Monday, April 06, 2015

M1

·         Avocado half, stuffed with Chicken Salad…. “Recipe courtesy of Food Network Kitchen”

·         Banana

M2

·         Beef Kabobs and Chicken Kabobs

·         Stir-Fried Broccoli

·         Mashed Potatoes

M3

·         Lamb Chops with Mint Chimichurri Sauce

·         Broccoli-Carrot Salad

Disclaimer:  I use recipes as a base “i.e. starting point” and then tweak according to my palate.  I will also tweak to make recipes Whole30 compliant if they aren't already.

Hello Everyone:

Here are my goals:

1.  Nutrition:  

I will follow the program consistently for the duration, with no restart days.

2.  Sleep:    

To improve my sleep pattern. Hoping to be able to sleep for 7-8 hours/night @ least 3 times/week; working myself up to 7 days.

How: By setting an alarm reminder 1 to 1 1/2 hours before scheduled sleep time.

How often:  Daily

How long:  30-60-90 days (Better yet until it becomes my "new familiar"... i.e. habit)

3.  Stress Management:  

A.  Whenever I feel stressed, I will stop and focus on who God is and seek him.  He is Greater than any temptation that comes my way.

B.  I will listen to music-i.e. upbeat music to help me feel positive and get my mind off the stressful thoughts and/or softer music to ease tension. 

How often:  Whenever I feel stress/tension-be it in the car, in the office, or at home.

How long:  As long as necessary for the feeling of calm to return.

4.  Exercise:

I will do some form of physical exercise 

How/What:   Strength training, Yoga, and/or Walking

How often:   a minimal of twice a week up to 5 times a week.

How long:    Strength Training - 45 minutes (twice a week). Yoga - will be based upon the class I sign up for.  Walking - a minimal of 20 minutes

5.  Active Recovery:

A.  I will stretch and/or foam roll for 10 to 15 minutes after each workout.

B.  I will do the exercise my Vertigo therapist has assigned - as deemed necessary

C.  On a daily I will complete the exercises that my Chiropractor has assigned.

6.  Injury Rehab:  

I will sleep on my back or left side as to not aggravate my positional vertigo issue.

7.  Fun and Play:

I will engage in pleasant activities 21 of each 30 day cycle of the Whole90 challenge.

8.  Personal Growth:

I will journal a minimal of 5 days/week.

9.  Temperance:

I will not put cream in my hot tea for the duration of this challenge as it violates the Whole30 rules.   :blink:  :D

Wow!!!  these are well thought out and achievable goal!!!

Good morning all!!Sorry if my posts are short, I have so much to say. However, I wake at 4:00 AM  and need to move it in the morning if I plan on getting in my workout for the day!! I start work at 6:30 AM. As you all  know there is alot of food prep and cooler packing!!!!

Yesterday:

M1...Egg salad, homemade mayo, mixed greens, and coffee with coconut cream.

M2...Turkey burger on a bed of spinach, banana

M3...Meatloaf, roasted potatoes and cauliflower.

I started a walking plan during my lunch break. I walked for 15 mins. I will increase the duration a little at a time. I have serious tendon issues with my foot. I also did an upper body workout with weights. Boy, am I out of shape. I stopped for a few months due to an injury. I thought I was in better shape, definately an eye opener!!  Have a great day, I will try to check in on everyone later today!!  Debbie

Another day down!!! Today was a rainy, cold day in NY. My walking routine is 3 days a week. Mon, Weds, and Fri. I was planning on weight training my lower body, but my mother stopped by. What did she have, a homemade loaf of bread!! Fresh out of the oven. I thought I was going to lose my mind!!! ! ! ! ! I DID IT.....I DID NOT HAVE ANY. I am proud of myself, that is a first. The one thing that ticked me off, is I missed my workout. On Friday she brought a plate of triple chocolate brownies, and on Easter gave everyone a beautiful box of homemade cookies. It just dawned on me that whenever I get serious about taking care of myself she tries to sabotage it! However, not this time!!!

M1...egg salad, lettuce, half grapefruit coffee

M2...meatloaf, cauliflower, potato

M3...roasted chicken, potato, Brussel sprouts.

Have a great night, Debbie

Tuesday, April 07, 2015

M1

·         Chicken Salad on a bed of romaine lettuce

M2

·         Beef Kabobs with Red, Yellow, and Green Peppers; Mushrooms, Red Onion

·         Chomps Beef Sticks

·         Watermelon

M3 (Snack to tied me over until I could get home.. Had a meeting to attend)

·         Chomps Beef Sticks

·         Green Olives

M4

·         Lamb Chops with Mint Chimichurri Sauce

·         Mashed Potatoes

Debbie - I know what you mean about sabotage!! My mum is great but worries that I'm (her words) "on a silly diet".... It's so hard to get across to her that I just want to eat real food and feel good! What's so "extreme" about that!!?

I went out for a lovely long dog walk yesterday evening so didn't have time to update this thread with my meals, but I'll do it this evening of I've time :-)

Day 3 -

M1: 3 scrambled eggs (with 2 tbsp coconut cream) on sautéed kale, spinach, mushroom, onion and garlic. Green tea.

M2: leftover roast veg with leftover barbecued lamb & chicken, half an avocado. Water.

M3: salad, tin of tuna (in springwater, no nasties!), capers, and homemade mayo. 8 kalamata olives

Later: CoYo coconut yogurt (natural, no nasties!!) and herbal tea

Exercise - yoga in the morning. 2 30min walks.

Day 4 -

M1: green smoothie (kale, spinach, cucumber, ginger, cacao, chia seed, flaxseed, maca, and 2 tbsps coconut cream - blended with coconut water) followed by grain-free organic ruby-veal burger and homemade ketchup). Green tea.

M2: rocket (arugula) salad with 2 fillets peppered smoked mackerel and half an avocado. Water.

M3: massive veggie stir-fry with king prawns, chilli flakes, coconut aminos and a handful of crushed macadamia nuts. Water.

Exercise - yoga in the morning. 50 min brisk walk in the evening.

Day 5 -

M1: 2 egg omelette with 1 fillet of peppered smoked mackerel on sautéed leek, mushroom, bell pepper, spinach and kale. Green tea.

M2: salad with half an avocado and small prawns. Carrot. Water.

Snack: decaff espresso with hot water and 2 tbsp coconut cream.

M3: organic roast chicken (lots of!!!), parsnips roasted in goose fat, steamed broccoli and carrots, homemade mayo and ketchup.

Exercise - 30 mins Kettlebells and 20mins stretching. 2 hr long slow walk (with a friend and her 3 year old!!)

• Administrators

Day 3 -

M1: 3 scrambled eggs (with 2 tbsp coconut cream) on sautéed kale, spinach, mushroom, onion and garlic. Green tea.

M2: leftover roast veg with leftover barbecued lamb & chicken, half an avocado. Water.

M3: salad, tin of tuna (in springwater, no nasties!), capers, and homemade mayo. 8 kalamata olives

Later: CoYo coconut yogurt (natural, no nasties!!) and herbal tea

Sorry friend, that yogurt has xylitol in it which is a sweetener and therefore makes it not compliant.  

Otherwise your food looks pretty good (minus the smoothie which are highly discouraged on Whole30).  ;)

Sorry friend, that yogurt has xylitol in it which is a sweetener and therefore makes it not compliant.  

Otherwise your food looks pretty good (minus the smoothie which are highly discouraged on Whole30).  ;)

Thanks "friend" however I have a tub here and can tell you that this CoYo (natural one, in the UK) contains - coconut milk (99%), tapioca starch, live vegan yogurt cultures....... No xylitol here!!!!!

Thanks also for the comment about my smoothie however, for me, the important thing on this Whole90 is that I'm avoiding snacking and fruit as much as possible (and not eating dried fruit at all)... So far I've been 5 days with no fruit and minimal snacks. So if I have the occasional homemade smoothie, which I love, with only vegetables in it..... then I'm v v happy!!!!!

• Administrators

Thanks "friend" however I have a tub here and can tell you that this CoYo (natural one, in the UK) contains - coconut milk (99%), tapioca starch, live vegan yogurt cultures....... No xylitol here!!!!!

Thanks also for the comment about my smoothie however, for me, the important thing on this Whole90 is that I'm avoiding snacking and fruit as much as possible (and not eating dried fruit at all)... So far I've been 5 days with no fruit and minimal snacks. So if I have the occasional homemade smoothie, which I love, with only vegetables in it..... then I'm v v happy!!!!!

Wow, what's with the quote marks around friend? :(  

Everyone makes mistakes and I got the xylitol ingredient right off of their website so I was fairly confident with my recommendation.  Obviously it was incorrect.

I'm sorry, but I don't know you and you don't know me. You have no idea of the amount of time and effort in putting in to these 90 days (as well as loads of other stuff I've got going on in my life) and I felt that your comments were really unhelpful.... And actually pretty patronising. You could have just asked *me* what was in the yogurt! Or better still, trusted that if I said there were "no nasties", that I'd read the ingredients and taken my word for it rather than googling it for me :-/

I'm actually really really proud of how I'm doing!

• Administrators

I'm sorry, but I don't know you and you don't know me. You have no idea of the amount of time and effort in putting in to these 90 days (as well as loads of other stuff I've got going on in my life) and I felt that your comments were really unhelpful.... And actually pretty patronising. You could have just asked *me* what was in the yogurt! Or better still, trusted that if I said there were "no nasties", that I'd read the ingredients and taken my word for it rather than googling it for me :-/

I'm actually really really proud of how I'm doing!

I'm really sorry that you took my comment that way, it was certainly not intended that way at all.  You should be very proud of doing the Whole30 and of course we're very proud of all the people that undertake this, we know it's not easy.

Thanks!!! I will definitely check it out

I have been Eating well, but nit getting in my workouts.

M1....egg salad(many easter eggs),romaine lettuce, half grapefruit, coffee, coconut cream.

M2....chicken breast, Brussel sprouts, apple.

M3.....leftover meatloaf, half potato, ghee, green beans.

I will try get in my workouts tomorrow. Have a great night.

Wednesday, April 08, 2015

M1

·         Chicken and Butternut Squash Stew

M2

·         Traditional-cut Korean Short Ribs (Wang Galbi/Kalbi) Recipe courtesy of "The Domestic Man" (I excluded the honey, used coconut                   aminos, and read my label on the club soda bottle prior to purchasing).... :)

·         Sauteed Cabbage with Carrots, Caramelized Onions, Minced Garlic and Green Onions (Scallions)

·         Asian Pear

M3 

·         Monkey Salad which consisted of 1 Banana, handful of cashews and coconut shreds

·         Egg Salad

·          Oven Roasted Potato Slices which I topped with the Egg Salad

Thanks!!! I will definitely check it out

I have been Eating well, but nit getting in my workouts.

M1....egg salad(many easter eggs),romaine lettuce, half grapefruit, coffee, coconut cream.

M2....chicken breast, Brussel sprouts, apple.

M3.....leftover meatloaf, half potato, ghee, green beans.

I will try get in my workouts tomorrow. Have a great night.

Ditto for me on the workouts. I wish you well in being able to workout tomorrow.. It's my intention to walk first thing in the morning; however, I just haven't been able to wake up early enough to get it done. Maybe I should try waking up at 04:00 :o as well.  Hmmm...nayed..that's okay. Smiling.. I am consistent with my strength training protocol though and that makes me happy :). I am hopeful that I will get the walking piece under my belt soon.  Right now I'm just trying to get to work on time... which I believe is 08:30 am each day.. Hmmm....I'm not going to ask anyone though...My motto is "Don't trouble trouble, till trouble troubles you."  Heard it from a friend of mine...and I thought it was pretty cool.

Regarding your egg salad:  Laughing...as you've gotta use up those eggs some kind of way.... Good job...hopefully you don't have too many more left to eat.

What else could someone use Easter eggs for besides egg salad and/or eating them as is?  Ideas anyone?

Archived