Whole90 starting on April 4th!

EggsAndBacon

Tuesday, April 14, 2015

M1

·        Ribeye Steak

·        Cauliflower Steaks (recipe courtesy of http://glutenfreefix...iflower-steaks)

M2

·        Beef Short Ribs from U.S. Wellness Farms with Nom Nom Paleo's Cherry Barbecue Sauce

·        Rest of Ribeye Steak from M! with Pico de Gallo on top

M3  

·        Watermelon

·        2 Boiled Eggs

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good morning!! Just a quick check in, running late!!

M1...3 eggs, spinach, strawberries,and coffee

M2...Ground beef, southwest seasoning ( my own),bed of greens, salsa, 1/2 grapefruit

M3,,, Going to happy hour with husband!!!  I got this!!!   Club soda with lemon, Greek salad no cheese, topped with grilled chicken

Have an active and healthy day, Debbie

Pyrotek and Claws, awesome job. Staying on track during travel and special events is super challenging. Claws, great update on the goals. The more I get into this the more I see that the 'holistic' way of looking at it (lifestyle) is key. It starts to make the eating stuff more second nature.

For me, still no core work BUT-I got realistic and signed up for some group classes in the early morning. I'm just not one of these people who can really push themselves with strength training at home. It will mean I have to cut back a bit on riding, to allow for recovery, at least for awhile, which will be bad for my vanity (that's where the stravajunkie name comes in-I'm in some friendly competitions on strava with several guys who will give me no end of crap if my climbing falls behind...)

I tried some new recipes! Yay! I don't know if you guys do instagram, but I follow whole30recipes and they feature a new blogger each week. They guy this week posted a recipe for carne asada and a rustic tomato sauce and I actually made them (for once they used mostly what I have in my cupboards. I don't have stuff like coconut aminos etc.) or things I could substitute. They were both THE BOMB. Oh my gosh. And it was really nice to have some fresh flavors.

Am slowly developing the tea after meals habit. I drink coffee black, but when it comes to tea I like a little tea with my milk and sugar, so getting over the hump of drinking herbal tea and black tea straight up and thinking it's GOOD has been interesting :) But I love hot drinks, so I have that going for me, and the nice thing is I can throw a few packets in my bag and have tea anywhere.

Like you guys, the planning ahead aspect is so key. I'm working on being honest with myself about what sounds good (ok, roast for the umpteenth night in a row-not sounding yummy. We could branch out a bit...) so I don't get so burnt out on my very limited variety of things to cook.

And I'm trying to control my environment. Not drive around with a packet of nuts in the console of the car within easy reach. Not except the leftover goodies after events (when you have kids, they always want to send you home with the extra pies, cookies, whatever....) My kids don't need the junk either....

Have a great day and thanks for keeping this forum rocking!

Quick check in: Will post more later..

Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Post-workout Meal (Strength Training Day)

·          Salmon, 3/4 of a Cucumber, and Capers

M1

·        Chicken Lime Strips

·       1/4 of a Cucumber

·        Sweet Potato

M2

·        Watermelon 

·        3 Boiled Eggs

I am tired so turning in early...

Goodnight all.

Good morning!! I have been up since 2:30 AM!!!!  I usually get up at 4:00 am. I start work early. However, I have do wake throughout the night to go to the bathroom. I have done that for years. I drink a lot of water. I have noticed lately that I can not fall back asleep. Is this happening to anyone? I am also becoming very thirsty!!!

Today: 

M1... hard boiled eggs, salad, 1/2 grapefruit, coffee

M2...Left over ribeye, 1/2 potato. ghee, broccoli, strawberries

M3...Roasted chicken, zucchini

Last night, I had the feeling of giving in. I wanted to have my steak marinated!!! I did not!!  But I am finding myself getting weak and wanting to just have a small taste of this or that!!! On Sunday we are going to an amusement park. I KNOW that the food choices are not healthy and compliant. I will have to pack a cooler and leave it on the bus. I figured if I eat just before we go in, it should hold me over. Maybe I can sneak in my bag some nuts and a piece of fruit. They do a bag check and do not allow food in. I understand that we are not supposed to snack, however, I might not be able to eat anything until we get back on the bus to head home!!! I feel that this is a plan to help me not feel hungry and give in to temptation!!! What are your thoughts on this???? and any other ideas??  Thanks for your input!!!  Debbie 

Pyrotek and Claws, awesome job. Staying on track during travel and special events is super challenging. Claws, great update on the goals. The more I get into this the more I see that the 'holistic' way of looking at it (lifestyle) is key. It starts to make the eating stuff more second nature.

For me, still no core work BUT-I got realistic and signed up for some group classes in the early morning. I'm just not one of these people who can really push themselves with strength training at home. It will mean I have to cut back a bit on riding, to allow for recovery, at least for awhile, which will be bad for my vanity (that's where the stravajunkie name comes in-I'm in some friendly competitions on strava with several guys who will give me no end of crap if my climbing falls behind...)

I tried some new recipes! Yay! I don't know if you guys do instagram, but I follow whole30recipes and they feature a new blogger each week. They guy this week posted a recipe for carne asada and a rustic tomato sauce and I actually made them (for once they used mostly what I have in my cupboards. I don't have stuff like coconut aminos etc.) or things I could substitute. They were both THE BOMB. Oh my gosh. And it was really nice to have some fresh flavors.

Am slowly developing the tea after meals habit. I drink coffee black, but when it comes to tea I like a little tea with my milk and sugar, so getting over the hump of drinking herbal tea and black tea straight up and thinking it's GOOD has been interesting :) But I love hot drinks, so I have that going for me, and the nice thing is I can throw a few packets in my bag and have tea anywhere.

Like you guys, the planning ahead aspect is so key. I'm working on being honest with myself about what sounds good (ok, roast for the umpteenth night in a row-not sounding yummy. We could branch out a bit...) so I don't get so burnt out on my very limited variety of things to cook.

And I'm trying to control my environment. Not drive around with a packet of nuts in the console of the car within easy reach. Not except the leftover goodies after events (when you have kids, they always want to send you home with the extra pies, cookies, whatever....) My kids don't need the junk either....

Great Job!!!  I as well, see this healthy, I can see living the Whole 9 lifestyle!!!

Sorry, one more question. Fruit... I eat one to two pieces a day. I always eat them as part of a meal. Usually either M1 or M2. I don't eat them to replace a dessert or replace a sugar craving. They also don't start a desire for more sugar either. I eat them for their vitamins, nutrients, and fiber. Is this too much. or should I cut back, or eliminate them?  Would I lose more weight with less sugar in my diet? I do not feel as if I am losing much weight. Not sure because I have not weighed myself. My clothes are not falling off either!!!! I thought now that I am feeling sooooooo much better, I will be able to workout and that would help with the fat removal! Not sure what to do?

Yay,on trying some new recipes... It's your turn now Pyrotek.  Time to dust off and crack open some of those cookbooks of yours.  :D  I'm not part of the Instagram group. I'm with you on the tea thought process.  I've gotten to the point whereby, I no longer drink black tea anymore.  Herbal teas, I'm okay with drinking straight up and sometimes will add lemon juice in them.

I wish I had self-control on strength training at home; but I don't so I work-out with a personal trainer twice a week.  He's left me twice to my own devices, which didn't turn out well.  Instead of doing the work-outs he assigned to me, I slept in and/or watched T.V. instead.  Exercise is NOT yet a habit for me..... :rolleyes: 

Have a good day stravajunkie.  

Good morning!! I have been up since 2:30 AM!!!!  I usually get up at 4:00 am. I start work early. However, I have do wake throughout the night to go to the bathroom. I have done that for years. I drink a lot of water. I have noticed lately that I can not fall back asleep. Is this happening to anyone? I am also becoming very thirsty!!!

Today: 

M1... hard boiled eggs, salad, 1/2 grapefruit, coffee

M2...Left over ribeye, 1/2 potato. ghee, broccoli, strawberries

M3...Roasted chicken, zucchini

Last night, I had the feeling of giving in. I wanted to have my steak marinated!!! I did not!!  But I am finding myself getting weak and wanting to just have a small taste of this or that!!! On Sunday we are going to an amusement park. I KNOW that the food choices are not healthy and compliant. I will have to pack a cooler and leave it on the bus. I figured if I eat just before we go in, it should hold me over. Maybe I can sneak in my bag some nuts and a piece of fruit. They do a bag check and do not allow food in. I understand that we are not supposed to snack, however, I might not be able to eat anything until we get back on the bus to head home!!! I feel that this is a plan to help me not feel hungry and give in to temptation!!! What are your thoughts on this???? and any other ideas??  Thanks for your input!!!  Debbie 

Morning Debbie:  I have been experiencing the same scenario with the sleep aspect of your post.  Unfortunately, I have yet to figure out how to turn the cycle around. :(

In regards to the amusement park "no outside food" policy; what I've done in the past is tell them that I have a medical condition that I am unable to eat the types of foods offered within their park due to possible cross-contamination of foods that cause an allergic and/or inflammatory reaction within my body. Maybe if you have a pretty cool "general practitioner (GP) doc", he/she might be willing to write a note on a prescription pad stating something to substantiate this. 

Side note:  My job has a strict dress code policy but I get to wear "tenny shoes" because my podiatrist and also my GP doc were willing to write me a script for this exception.  The job didn't ask me to do this; but I thought it best to have something in my personnel file; just in case someone has an issue with it.

Good luck and have fun on Sunday....

Sorry, one more question. Fruit... I eat one to two pieces a day. I always eat them as part of a meal. Usually either M1 or M2. I don't eat them to replace a dessert or replace a sugar craving. They also don't start a desire for more sugar either. I eat them for their vitamins, nutrients, and fiber. Is this too much. or should I cut back, or eliminate them?  Would I lose more weight with less sugar in my diet? I do not feel as if I am losing much weight. Not sure because I have not weighed myself. My clothes are not falling off either!!!! I thought now that I am feeling sooooooo much better, I will be able to workout and that would help with the fat removal! Not sure what to do?

Morning pyrotek: I would eliminate the fruit and instead eat more veggies and I would also remove nuts and seeds.   Once I recall where I read this, I will post the actual quote and/or source.

Hang it there..............

Pyrotek, I'm not a moderator, or an expert, but I do get bored and start craving stuff and I find trying new recipes helps a lot. Also, (just my personal strategy) the stress of being "good" all the time can get to me. So in an event like yours, I think giving yourself a holiday and being OK with dried fruit and nuts that wouldn't otherwise be ideal, might be a good thing, and certainly better than working so hard that you crash and go off plan. I LOVE Claws idea of explaining that you have food allergies/inflammation issues. I couldn't picture much argument there! Easier than sneaking stuff in. For weight loss, I know I have to really watch carbs on a day to day basis, while keeping plenty of fat, because the fat helps combat cravings, and you need it to burn it. But like I said: special event = maybe you need some W30 compliant 'treats' to make it through. Then back to day to day life and maybe lower carb...just my two cents :)

M1

·        Watermelon

·       3 Boiled Eggs

M2

·        Plain Baked Potato with Tomatoes and Green Onions  

·        Grilled Chicken Breasts

·        Banana

M3  

·        1/2 Banana

·        TOM KHA GAI: CHICKEN THAI COCONUT SOUP

Good morning!!!

M1... eggs salad, mixed greens, tomato, orange, coffee

M2... roasted chicken, cauliflower, potato

M3...roasted chicken, brussel sprouts

My skiers edge should be here today yippee!!!  I think I am going to weigh myself in the morning (Sat). I need to get an idea of what is going on. Otherwise, I will have to change things up!!  However, I am feeling great!!  can walk up and down the stairs with less, and I mean a lot less pain!!!

Friday, April 17, 2015

Post-workout Meal (Strength Training Day)

·        Healing Chicken Soup Paleo and Whole30  (http://stupideasypaleo.com/2014/08/17/healing-chicken-soup-paleo-whole30/)

·        Grilled Chicken Chunks

M1

·        Green Salad that consisted of Romaine Lettuce, apples, grape tomatoes, Walnuts topped with Grilled Chicken chunks and drizzled with oil and vinegar

·       Watermelon

M2

·       Monkey Salad (banana slices, cashews, unsweetened coconut flakes, cinnamon)

·       Smokey Ground Beef and Peppers 

·       Garlic Mashed Cauliflower

M3

·        Green Salad that consisted of Romaine Lettuce, unsweetened cranberries, apples, grape tomatoes, Walnuts topped with Grilled   Chicken chunks and drizzled with oil and white balsamic vinegar.

Saturday, April 18, 2015

M1

·    Oven Roasted Chicken Drumsticks

·    Sauteed Cabbage

·    2 tablespoons of raw unfiltered Braggs Apple Cider Vinegar

M2

·    Oven Roasted Chicken Drumsticks

·   Smokey Ground Beef and Peppers

·   Mashed Cauliflower

·   2 tablespoons of raw unfiltered Braggs Apple Cider Vinegar

·   La Croix Peach-Pear Sparkling Water (Drank before starting meal)

M3

·   Smoked Salmon Frittata

·   Lemon-Caper Broccoli

Sleep update:  I actually slept for ~ 7 hours last night.  End up taking a long (~ 3 hours) nap today.  Maybe I've just been tired.  Hoping that this much sleep will finally get me on track to sleeping peacefully and restfully going forward.

Good morning!!!

M1... eggs salad, mixed greens, tomato, orange, coffee

M2... roasted chicken, cauliflower, potato

M3...roasted chicken, brussel sprouts

My skiers edge should be here today yippee!!!  I think I am going to weigh myself in the morning (Sat). I need to get an idea of what is going on. Otherwise, I will have to change things up!!  However, I am feeling great!!  can walk up and down the stairs with less, and I mean a lot less pain!!!

Hi there.. Did the skiers edge arrive?  Good to hear that you are feeling great.  Congratulations on being able to walk up and down the stairs with a lot less pain.  What a wonderful positive outcome.  Keep up the good work.

Good morning!!!  Claws, Yes, yes, and yes!!!  I did arrive. and worth every $$$$$. I will have to work on endurance. Yesterday, I did 15 mins. It will do the job. I weighed myself first thing in the morning, and I gained 3 pounds!!  No worry.... I am feeling so much better and I believe once I start becoming active again, the weight should budge. 

I am up early and ready to leave for the amusement park with a packed cooler.

Water, chicken salad, brussel sprouts, apple, salad, hard boiled eggs, orange, chicken legs, broccoli, and walnuts!!! I should be fine!! I will check back in the morning have a great Sunday!!

Sunday, April 19, 2015

M1

·   1 Oven Roasted Chicken Drumstick

·   Smoked Salmon Frittata

·   Lemon-Caper Broccoli

M2

·   Spiced Rubbed Slow Cooker Chicken

·   Asparagus

M3

·   Paleo Cereal consisted of: "one-half apple cored and roughly diced, handful of sliced almonds, handful of pitted, chopped dates, handful of unsweetened coconut, cinnamon, a pinch of salt, coconut milk" compliments of ( http://theprimepursuit.com/category/recipes/breakfasts/page/2/)

·   Spiced Rubbed Slow Cooker Chicken

Monday, April 20, 2015

M1

·   Beef Bacon

·   Fried Eggs

M2

·   Salad with Field Greens, Tomatoes, Balsamic Vinegar and Oil

·   Roasted Carrots, String Beans, Broccoli

·   Flank Steak

M3

·   Spiced Rubbed Slow Cooker Chicken

·   Asian Napa Cabbage soup

Hi pyrotek:

I think it just might be you and I left...

Not sure what has happened to everyone else; however, keep up the good work.

Hahaha!!!  I just was going to write the same thing.I have been looking for another group starting up on May 1st. I might jump on there for added support!! Thank you. 

I am getting the urge to start adding a  food group back into the plan. However, I am not sure which one. I know I can NEVER eat dairy or wheat without an issue, and honestly, I don't miss them!!! I never really ate much beans or rice, so I can go without!! I have gotten used to socializing without alcohol, and my husband doesn't drink. I might on a rare occasion want (add)  a glass of wine.  I am very cautious about packaged food. I always read labels and steer clear of chemicals, additives, and franken food!!!!! and I never really had a sugar dragon. I was thinking....not sure yet...about testing the waters!!!  I would make the 30 rules apply for most of my meals!!  I enjoy the structure.

M1.... eggs, half grapefruit, coffee, coconut cream

M2....Pork chop, broccoli, olive oil, half an orange

M3... Pasta night!!!!!  WITHOUT the pasta. I will put  the meat sauce over a bed of spinach and garlic.

I did start using the skiers edge!!!  not easy. I can only do 15 mins every other day. Otherwise I would not be able to walk. I am going to alternate with weight training days. Tonight is upper body.

Claws, are you involved in any of the other threads? What are your plans with the program? Thank you for your support!!!

Tuesday, April 21, 2015

M1

·   BLT Salad

·   Banana

·   Cashew Butter

M2

·   Garden Veggie Meatballs with Spaghetti Sauce

·   Zucchini Squash Shreds

M3

·   Garden Veggie Meatballs with Spaghetti Sauce
·   Watermelon

Claws, are you involved in any of the other threads? What are your plans with the program? Thank you for your support!!!

Hi Pyrotex:

The ones that I've posted a note on, now seem to be inactive.  For example: 29 Days Through Whole90,and Jumped In - Day 1 of First Whole 30

I've been reading through the "April 1st Whole30 Start date anyone?" thread and it appears to still be going strong. 

I read through the re-introduction chapter in "It Starts With Food".  I've decided that I'm not quite ready for the reintroduction phase so I am going to continue on this Whole30, 60, 90 phase for a little while longer as I just begun to sleep for 8 hours and wake up refreshed and with energy... 3 days strong thus far.   :rolleyes: 

I wish you well with the "upper body" work-out tonight.

Signing off.... Late to Bed...  :o 

Hahaha!!!  I just was going to write the same thing.I have been looking for another group starting up on May 1st. I might jump on there for added support!! Thank you. 

Okay I will keep my eyes out for a May1st start-up group as well....   :D

Archived